Poe's X-Wing

Joost
233 posts Member
I have a question about Poe's X-Wing. Will it automatically take out the opponents Imperial Tie Fighter at he start of the battle because that ship has no protection? Thinking about taking him to 195 speed so he is faster than all Tie's but I am not sure it will work on defense

Replies

• If you are talking about putting mods on Poe so his character speed is 195 that's not how it works. Don't think ship can be faster than tie fighters. There is an excel page floating about showing you how toon gp affects ship stats
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you are talking about putting mods on Poe so his character speed is 195 that's not how it works. Don't think ship can be faster than tie fighters. There is an excel page floating about showing you how toon gp affects ship stats

No he is talking ship speed.

Yes you can make him faster. No he will not one shot TFP. You can use his other special to get the offense up and he will. But by then you will probably be facing taunt on biggs.
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    If you are talking about putting mods on Poe so his character speed is 195 that's not how it works. Don't think ship can be faster than tie fighters. There is an excel page floating about showing you how toon gp affects ship stats

Yes you can make him faster. No he will not one shot TFP. You can use his other special to get the offense up and he will. But by then you will probably be facing taunt on biggs.

That sucks, well then I guess I won't be taking Poe to g12. Thanks for your help!
  • Joost wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

That sucks, well then I guess I won't be taking Poe to g12. Thanks for your help!

Poe is still useful. I use him as my second reinforcement. He can usually one shot the TIE after it's taken a hit from Vader.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    I think people are giving you false information so you dont one shot them. lol

A g12 Poe can 1 shot a fully g12 geared tfp. Will he do it every single time?...no. But he can and will do it often.

when your in the top ranks though and especially going against a good reaper, I no longer go after tfp. in fact. I leave tfp for very last. The AI isn't going to play the same as you do and let's face it, once your in the top 5 it's just a pure RNG fest since all of your ships are probably going to be maxed and at the same speed as your opponent.

• Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    From my experience facing teams with poe on the starting lineup, he will attack anyone with his special...even ships with full protection.

The ai does not use him well and he is too squishy to be a good starter.

However, as a reinforcement for defense, many ships will have lost thier protection so he has a better chance of lne shotting someone.

And as Kyno correctly said, for offense, always use poe buff first because even a nearly maxed poe will not always 1 shot tfp.