When Thrawn gives his turn...

... the toon he gave his turn to should be next to play, there shouldn't be any of that 100%TM rng malarkey. :smile:

Replies

• I've mentioned this before, go to my post about Palpatine lead
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    He doesn't give his turn, he gives his turneter.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Using an ability is taking a turn. So as leef says he is giving tm.
  • What I dont get is how does another toon manage to get 100% TM on a thrawn turn, since the turn swap should be instant.
    Also, in game mechanics, it IS swapping turns. I've actually accidentally used this ability on an isolated hero in the sith arena. To my suprise, it went trough the isolation. So it's not just filling up turn meter. Anyone care to back me up or blow this theory up?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    TM swap is probably not counted as a positive effect
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    What I dont get is how does another toon manage to get 100% TM on a thrawn turn, since the turn swap should be instant.
    the other toon could already have 100% TM prior to thrawn taking a turn.
    Also, in game mechanics, it IS swapping turns. I've actually accidentally used this ability on an isolated hero in the sith arena. To my suprise, it went trough the isolation. So it's not just filling up turn meter. Anyone care to back me up or blow this theory up?
    It counts as a turn for his cooldowns aswell as for DoTs etc. Not sure about the isolation example, haven't tried that myself.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What I dont get is how does another toon manage to get 100% TM on a thrawn turn, since the turn swap should be instant.
    leef wrote: »
    the other toon could already have 100% TM prior to thrawn taking a turn.

This, or under Palp lead the cleansing of debuffs would give the other team TM. which could fill them up.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Can easily happen if facing an zEP lead. It is not just a tm swap but also a cleanse.
    So if Thrawn and the ally you are giving tm to have debuffs for each debuff cleansed opponents zEP led sith and empire gain 5% tm which depending where they are could push them to 100%

As for the mechanics it is swapping tm.
    25k0rPJ.jpg
    A turn is performing an action or coming out of stun. The action performed in this turn is cleanse, swap tm then heal protection.
    Technically it is not a real tm swap because the first thing that happens when performing an action is that characters tm goes to 0 that is why the mechanics just gives the ally 100% tm
    The reason it goes thru fracture is because it is not marked as "speed_recovery" like say ep lead or other abilities that give a character tm

A character takes a turn when they reach 100% tm.

• scuba wrote: »

Can easily happen if facing an zEP lead. It is not just a tm swap but also a cleanse.
    So if Thrawn and the ally you are giving tm to have debuffs for each debuff cleansed opponents zEP led sith and empire gain 5% tm which depending where they are could push them to 100%

25k0rPJ.jpg
    A turn is performing an action or coming out of stun. The action performed in this turn is cleanse, swap tm then heal protection.
    Technically it is not a real tm swap because the first thing that happens when performing an action is that characters tm goes to 0 that is why the mechanics just gives the ally 100% tm
    The reason it goes thru fracture is because it is not marked as "speed_recovery" like say ep lead or other abilities that give a character tm

So you are telling me I could swap with a fractured toon and he would be able to take a turn?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Well in this case the mechanic should be changed so as to be a real swap, because Thrawn gains the chosen toon's TM in the process.

changed how and why? For all ingame purposes it currently acts like a real swap, the way the mechanics work it "technically" just isn't a real swap. Not sure why that should be changed.

• leef
    13458 posts Member

25k0rPJ.jpg

So you are telling me I could swap with a fractured toon and he would be able to take a turn?

not possible, fractured toons can't take turns. They just stay at 100% TM untill the fracture expires.
  • leef wrote: »

25k0rPJ.jpg

not possible, fractured toons can't take turns. They just stay at 100% TM untill the fracture expires.

Saved me a pvp match to test it out. It is not wasted TM tho. Might make some interesting plays.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Well in this case the mechanic should be changed so as to be a real swap, because Thrawn gains the chosen toon's TM in the process.

Don't understand your complaint, just because mechanics wise it is not a swap, doesn't mean it isn't a swap. The intent is to give the ally 100% tm and replace Thrawns tm with the chosen ally. It does that. So as leef said for all in game purposes it is a swap.

Now what needs to be fixed is Thrawn not gaining 20% tm under ep lead when he fractures someone.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    changed how and why? For all ingame purposes it currently acts like a real swap, the way the mechanics work it "technically" just isn't a real swap. Not sure why that should be changed.

Don't understand your complaint, just because mechanics wise it is not a swap, doesn't mean it isn't a swap. The intent is to give the ally 100% tm and replace Thrawns tm with the chosen ally. It does that. So as leef said for all in game purposes it is a swap.

Now what needs to be fixed is Thrawn not gaining 20% tm under ep lead when he fractures someone.

Because i don't want for another enemy toon to have a chance at going first even when Thrawn swaps his 100% TM with the chosen allied toon! In other words the swapping sequence should not be interrupted: 1.Thrawn swaps his 100%TM with a friendly toon; 2.Thrawn gains that toon's TM; 3.The friendly toon takes it's turn; 4.Then and only then an enemy toon who already has 100%TM takes it's turn!

the ability description states "swap tm" not "swap turns" . It is 100% doing that
    So that means the rng of who is at 100% tm is in effect. However cg_carrie stated they are looking at making a change with some type of tie breaker.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    However cg_carrie stated they are looking at making a change with some type of tie breaker.

This scares me.
  • scuba wrote: »

This is not a bug. Because fracture is not a debuff. Not treated like one anyway. Every debuff aspires to be the greatness that is fracture. Fracture transcends the boundaries of mortal debuffs. It goes trough everything. Smashes trough all barriers like CG goes trough player relations.
    Seriously tho, it is not a debuff in game mechanics, only in name.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

This is not a bug. Because fracture is not a debuff. Not treated like one anyway. Every debuff aspires to be the greatness that is fracture. Fracture transcends the boundaries of mortal debuffs. It goes trough everything. Smashes trough all barriers like CG goes trough player relations.
    Seriously tho, it is not a debuff in game mechanics, only in name.

Partial thread derailing to correct a misconception.........

There are 2 types of real debuffs in game mechanics
    • countable_sepcial_debuff (these are typically uncleansable debuffs)
    • countable_debuff (these are typically cleansable debuffs)
    Fracture is a "countable_special_debuff"
    isolate is a "countable_special_debuff"
    plague is supposed to be a "countable_special_debuff" but is bugged and they have acknowledged that they are going to fix it
    Armor shred is the only player controlled one that is "in name a debuff" but not a debuff.

For example "countable_special_debuff" counts as a debuff for :
    • TFP TM gain
    • zEP lead debuff exipration for giving 5% TM to empire and sith
    • Sabine extra damage
    • Pao Extra damage
    • DN Drain Force

If it doesn't give him 20% TM when applied under EP lead then it shouldn't give 5% TM to all sith and empire under zEP lead when it expires (which it does) or any of the other things I just listed that it works for.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Because i don't want for another enemy toon to have a chance at going first even when Thrawn swaps his 100% TM with the chosen allied toon! In other words the swapping sequence should not be interrupted: 1.Thrawn swaps his 100%TM with a friendly toon; 2.Thrawn gains that toon's TM; 3.The friendly toon takes it's turn; 4.Then and only then an enemy toon who already has 100%TM takes it's turn!

the ability description states "swap tm" not "swap turns" . It is 100% doing that
    So that means the rng of who is at 100% tm is in effect. However cg_carrie stated they are looking at making a change with some type of tie breaker.

The problem here is not a bug, but in the order of actions and who takes his turn first: the toon that got his 100% TM from Thrawn, or some enemy toon who already reached 100% TM.

I agree the TM jumping just adds another rng to the mix. Supposedly they (the Dev's) are looking at some sort of tie breaker.