old teams in gw

why is there 9month old 12month old meta teams maul teams ,rex leads and such still in galactic war ? G.W. should only be comprised of active players for the last 3-6 months if over 6 months old they get the boot. would make it a little more interesting for players trying to complete their 150 completions in order to sim it . it would be more relevant to what to actually going on in arena (which dictates how hard your gw will be)

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    why is there 9month old 12month old meta teams maul teams ,rex leads and such still in galactic war ? G.W. should only be comprised of active players for the last 3-6 months if over 6 months old they get the boot. would make it a little more interesting for players trying to complete their 150 completions in order to sim it . it would be more relevant to what to actually going on in arena (which dictates how hard your gw will be)

Could be an active rank 1k in some shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Naraic wrote: »

Could be an active rank 1k in some shards.

This. Old metas still thrive as you trickle down in rank or look at newer shards.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Also it's just squads that were used for gw. Mabe someone likes the old meta. Simply wanted to relive the glory days.
    Post edited by ProximaB1_ on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Also it's just squads that were used for tw. Mabe someone likes the old meta. Simply wanted to relive the glory days.

Actually all GW teams are player built. its kinda the engenius part of GW, it requires very little upkeep to keep it evolving and changing.

the new system uses "old" teams from when people hit 85, from my understanding of what the devs said about the changes.
  • can you even change shards or am i stuck with older player that will never update ? its VERY annoying , barely anything is meta in my shard . pheonix or biggs/wedge teams , i even see some maul leads and i know thats over a year old meta . just should be some sort of knock off for when a player is inactive for longer than 9 months maybe a year.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    can you even change shards or am i stuck with older player that will never update ? its VERY annoying , barely anything is meta in my shard . pheonix or biggs/wedge teams , i even see some maul leads and i know thats over a year old meta . just should be some sort of knock off for when a player is inactive for longer than 9 months maybe a year.

Are you rank 1 in your shard?
  • no i can barely break 1k anymore .... was about to break 500. but all i see is whales FeelsBadMan . i just want a diff shard with more f2p players
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    no i can barely break 1k anymore .... was about to break 500. but all i see is whales FeelsBadMan . i just want a diff shard with more f2p players

How do you know they are inactive they could just be bad at the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @matt666_wooo it doesn't work that way, you can't change shards. you can start over and get into a new shard but that's the only option. Sorry.

Also, i can guarantee that not everyone 500+ is a whale. even 100+, i'm sure there are at least a few committed F2P players.
  • so why would a new player be shoved into a very inactive shard. thats already really old meta players and half the players are inactive for more than 6months . o.O im not the only one with this issue too . maybe some of us have fallen through the cracks and its a bug ? it makes literally no sense to do that to someone so new. new shards should be created over time not re-use old shards from 2015 or 2016.

i see maul metas and all gold pheonix theres no way someone has all gold pheonix without paying some money ( thats like 10-20 stun guns alone plus even more mk5 androids ) maybe listen to the players ? let some of us that are stuck in our shards switch for a price , id be willing to PAY to switch shards if possible. but no ill just keep getting the short end of the stick from e.a.
  • So what is your issue? You just started playing, . . Or you took a break and are playing again? Cuz complaining about Gw is one topic, complaining about your arena shard is another. The two have nothing to do with each other at all.
  • actually your arena shard has A LOT to do with G.W. . where you place in arena makes your g.w. either harder or easier .
  • actually your arena shard has A LOT to do with G.W. . where you place in arena makes your g.w. either harder or easier .

Lol, that right there proves you are gravely mistaken lad, arena has absolutely ZERO effect on Gw at all. I highly suggest you try find facts before you start creating them.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    actually your arena shard has A LOT to do with G.W. . where you place in arena makes your g.w. either harder or easier .

False your gw shard has nothing to do with your arena rank. It's kind of unclear how it determines your opponents but arena dosent matter.
  • but its based on who and the power youve placed in the arena . so technically it is based on "your" personal chars from arena , so how isnt that arena based ? o.O
  • Nope,
  • Ok lol, here's the way it used to work, and as far as we know, still does,
  • when im below 1k in my shard G.W. is super easy when im close to 500 i can barely beat it halfway . explain that then. they have to be correlated in someway or fashion or the diffculty wouldnt change it would be static since my most powerful heroes havent changed in weeks.

• ARENA RANKING HAS ZERO BEARING ON GW DIFFICULTY, k, now that that's settled,

The method to determine Gw match ups was based on your top five highest power rated chars, BEFORE. The switch to GP , ie based on the old power levels. So, as you levelled up your top five, Gw difficulty changed to reflect that, Gw nodes are a percent based match relative to your top five chars combined power number.

What you could do to affect Gw matches, a, level other squads up to but not exceeding the top five individual power levels, b, exceed certain power level thresholds which result in a "broken" node or two in Gw,

A , is where having a balanced roster advice comes from, because if your top five, which typically for newer to mid level players is their arena team, those five are built way up, and the next five or ten or way lower, you will get in trouble in Gw cuz you don't have any strong enough b squads .

Make sense?
  • Easy to explain, you are guessing at the cause, ;)
  • never experienced broken nodes i always get either 2-5 gold on last node . but if i remember theyve fixed the "broken node" since the new year .

but why would my g.w. experience change without changing my top 5 ? explain that .... shouldnt it be the same EVERY day ?

• Nope, you missed the key point , it was and as far as we know, still is based on the old power rating, which was pre GP, So, your current top five power chars, using GP, ARE NOT the ones used to calculate Gw match ups, in order to determine who they are, you need to have a .gg

As for the broken node, it wasn't fixed , they made Gw easy which got rid of the broken nodes, but until Gw was made easy they still existed.

Which in turn also leaves room for speculation that if it's still old school for figuring matchs , you should be able to push over the hump of hard into easy mode with the right chars built up.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    I don't know if they ever changed it. But it counted health and protection really high. So tanks were highly rated even if they weren't good. They may use gp now I don't know. Also it never took into zetas.
  • Last time I looked into it, it was still tweak able based on old numbers, that was just before the easy mode change
  • so its been 2months maybe 3 since the easy change and like 6months since the GP change and its still not changed over FeelsBadMan
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Players use to use tanks and nightsister initiate to break nodes. Initiate was the best character power wise with the old system. As funny as that sounds.
  • Sun fac , shore , Vader , rg , all are solid old top five as well