Thrawn unique zeta

Does Thrawn's unique (zeta'd) get resisted by Nihilus in the Sith raid? I figured it had been tried, but I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks!

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Wish I knew... but probably
  • Carefuljupiter
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Isn’t his unique a 100% counter chance? He counters DN in the Sith Raid for me. Not sure what you mean by resisted.
  • Referring to the "Thrawn and fractured enemy lose 15% turn meter" anytime a special is used by an empire ally and an enemy is fractured. It's the Zeta on Ebb and Flow
  • Snex
    8 posts Member
    @Alveric - Did you end up doing his zeta? Did it work in the Sith raid apart from Sion?
    Thanks!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    It can be resisted yes and probably will be resisted as once Nihilus is Fractured he has just been hit 4x by thrawn and will stack tenacity through the roof until the end of that turn. Same goes for Traya.

Imo, Thrawn is best used in P2 to reduced Sion's counter attack chance. However if you're not running Heroic or you don't have a chex mix team set up, Thrawn's Fracture + DT's Deathmark can do a lot of damage in pretty much any phase.
  • Snex
    8 posts Member
    @Vertigo ah! Very good points, thank you! I thought (and was wondering if) that the TM removal would be exactly like Zader's lead where it removes TM despite tenacity but if you're saying it's not the case then that helps a lot! And yeah, we are not running heroic raids anytime soon here :/
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Snex wrote: »
    @Vertigo ah! Very good points, thank you! I thought (and was wondering if) that the TM removal would be exactly like Zader's lead where it removes TM despite tenacity but if you're saying it's not the case then that helps a lot! And yeah, we are not running heroic raids anytime soon here :/

Generally, if it doesn't explicitly state that the TMR is unable to be resisted it can be resisted. The TMR from fracture can't be resisted, but the TMR from the unique can be resisted. Not sure if you've seen the 'old' way to solo P3 of HAAT with Thrawn, Shore, Krennic, Tarkin and Jyn by fracturing the B2 and just spamming special abilities on the empire characters with Jyn there to add a little extra TMR, but it is evident that the TMR from Ebb & Flow can be resisted in those videos. Many people believe that it should be irresistible due to it being a zeta ability, but it has been like this since his release, and does't seem to be changing anytime soon.
  • Snex
    8 posts Member
    @Vertigo Gotcha! Thank you very much for the feedback! Yeah it'd be nice to be non-resistable but that would make quite a few changes to the game play I guess. Alright, back to square one regarding my next zeta upgrade hahaha. I've been kind of holding Fulcrum's in the back of my head but there are quite a lot now to choose from. Cheers.