When is Thrawn Event Returning?

Prev1
System
246 posts EA Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Next Thrawn Event?.

Replies

• Anyone know when Thrawn is coming back again? I think I’m finally ready to get that last star I need for him
  • Same wish there was a calendar on there web site with info pls if there is some one post a link cause i cant find it
  • Darthspeedforce
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Kirth wrote: »
    I've tried tons of times both manual and auto and 7* is too much for me. Does anyone know when it will be next so I can prepare?

Me too my friend I had the entire Phoenix Squad at your 8 and then I got Hera and Ezra 2 gear 9 and 10 and I still couldn't beat it but now I got most of my squad
    2 gear 10 and 11 so I should be good but that last seven star qualification is difficult
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I'd like to know as well, about when he is expected to return, since I got screwed up on Rey's event (only needed a couple more weeks to finish 7* on veterans), now I will totally shift my focus to finish leveling up my Phoenix toons and gearing them up, since I own CLS already.
  • If you are going for G8, you have to have good mods and omega abilities.
    It is better to overgear just to be sure, although this is easier said than done.
    Phoenix is so hard to gear.
    However, I am really focused on getting Thrawn and Chimaera so I will keep on grinding.
  • If you are going for G8, you have to have good mods and omega abilities.
    It is better to overgear just to be sure, although this is easier said than done.
    Phoenix is so hard to gear.
    However, I am really focused on getting Thrawn and Chimaera so I will keep on grinding.

Thanks bro. Gonna deffy try and get everyone I can to at least gear IX, just in case.
  • I expect Thrawn’s(and Chimaera’s) event when CLS’ finishes
  • RoxasXion wrote: »
    I expect Thrawn’s(and Chimaera’s) event when CLS’ finishes

Be careful for what you wish for.
  • I was really hoping that Thrawn was going to drop before R2 this time... I have Thrawn at 6* and more than ready to get him to 7* and he would have been my 5th 7* empire toon to get R2 to 7*. I just unlocked R2 and only at 6* and will have to wait until the next time he rolls around when I have 7* Thrawn. A bit frustrating.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Please dear god give us a few weeks. I just got bb8, jtr, r2, and CLS in like a weeks time. I have absolutely no mats or credits left lol. All five of my Phoenix are at 4 stars with 250/65 shards, meaning I need 1.75 mil credits each to star them. They are all level 65, which means I need countless millions to level them, and I’m almost completely out of mk iii mats now. Plenty of omegas though....
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    A little late to help you, but in general, it's safer to use non-Legendary toons for other Legendary events, because they're always available to farm. I did R2 with EP (bad example I know but I had him) Vader TFP Tarkin and RG. I knew I'd be ready. If you are relying on someone like Thrawn, there's no way to know when he's coming back.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    A little late to help you, but in general, it's safer to use non-Legendary toons for other Legendary events, because they're always available to farm. I did R2 with EP (bad example I know but I had him) Vader TFP Tarkin and RG. I knew I'd be ready. If you are relying on someone like Thrawn, there's no way to know when he's coming back.

Agreed I had thrawn and Palpatine ready for r2d2 but before I got them I was preparing tfp and snow trooper that I didn't use in the end.
  • the5th
    15 posts Member
    RoxasXion wrote: »
    I expect Thrawn’s(and Chimaera’s) event when CLS’ finishes

I hope youre wrong, but im farming mats like crazy right now because youre probably not...
  • As per recent release notice, 2 minutes from now.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    As per recent release notice, 2 minutes from now.

Where do you see that?
  • TVF wrote: »

Where do you see that?

2 days, 8 hrs, 2 mins.

Was a poor joke.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I thought it was funny. :)

I was joking around with my guild mates that we'll get Thrawn right after CLS, and then right after Thrawn we'll get Yoda, and then right after Yoda we'll get Palpatine for all the character events back to back!

But as a serious answer to the original question, nobody knows except the developers. It might be tomorrow; it might be 5 months from now.

The best advice is always to get your team ready for the event you want and don't stop preparing until it's ready. If the event you're preparing for comes before you're ready (this happened to me twice so far), then keep going and you'll get it next time. If you're ready before the event, then you can start getting another team ready for something else.

As for what it takes to be ready for the event, 7* characters are a must, and gear 8 or above is pretty much required for everyone as well. Speeds as mentioned in the excellent post earlier, higher gear levels on some or all of your Phoenix members, higher levels, and omega-d unique abilities are also recommended.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member

Where do you see that?

2 days, 8 hrs, 2 mins.

Was a poor joke.

I still don't get it but ok.

Where do you see that?

2 days, 8 hrs, 2 mins.

Was a poor joke.

2 days notice for JTR.
    8 hrs notice for CLS.
    Following the precedent of ever shortening notices...
    2 mins notice for Thrawn would be next.

Followed by the VCR scene from Spaceballs...
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Ah.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Please dear god give us a few weeks. I just got bb8, jtr, r2, and CLS in like a weeks time. I have absolutely no mats or credits left lol. All five of my Phoenix are at 4 stars with 250/65 shards, meaning I need 1.75 mil credits each to star them. They are all level 65, which means I need countless millions to level them, and I’m almost completely out of mk iii mats now. Plenty of omegas though....

Forget it dude. Thrawn is probably coming right after CLS without any notices.

Where do you see that?

2 days, 8 hrs, 2 mins.

Was a poor joke.

2 days notice for JTR.
    8 hrs notice for CLS.
    Following the precedent of ever shortening notices...
    2 mins notice for Thrawn would be next.

Followed by the VCR scene from Spaceballs...

Lol, totally get it
  • So a quick glance at the Events Calendar for April and if you do the correct reading of the tea leaves you may see when Thrawn could be back.
  • the5th
    15 posts Member
    ugh, would really like to start pumping up my newly acquired CLS. my phoenix squad is all g8 except g9 ezra, but im feeling i need to resist CLS a little while longer and push to get at least one or two more g9s just in case thrawn drops right after the current cls event ends...
  • the5th wrote: »
    ugh, would really like to start pumping up my newly acquired CLS. my phoenix squad is all g8 except g9 ezra, but im feeling i need to resist CLS a little while longer and push to get at least one or two more g9s just in case thrawn drops right after the current cls event ends...

I wouldn't gear them if you don't want to. At G8 a lot of people who don't have the same login as me think you can do it. I think you need G9 at minimum, but I also value Phoenix overall whereas a lot of people do not.You can hoard that gear and use it if you need it. Then if you don't, CLS it up! Or Thrawn it up!
  • the5th
    15 posts Member
    I wouldn't gear them if you don't want to. At G8 a lot of people who don't have the same login as me think you can do it. I think you need G9 at minimum, but I also value Phoenix overall whereas a lot of people do not.You can hoard that gear and use it if you need it. Then if you don't, CLS it up! Or Thrawn it up!

yeah i dont get the phoenix hate. i think they are fun! although i enjoyed the star wars rebel show so maybe im a bit biased by that? and i have heard and seen youtubes of people doing thrawn with less than i have, but i had a hell of a time getting CLS with way more than people were saying the minimum was, so i should probably err on the side of caution

yeah i dont get the phoenix hate. i think they are fun! although i enjoyed the star wars rebel show so maybe im a bit biased by that? and i have heard and seen youtubes of people doing thrawn with less than i have, but i had a hell of a time getting CLS with way more than people were saying the minimum was, so i should probably err on the side of caution
    I haven't watched but like three episodes of Rebels (not on purpose, just haven't worked it in) and I loved them from the jump. Now that they are viable in Phase 2 of the Sith raid and Phase 4 of HAAT they should make a comeback.

Not to mention that Sabine and Ezra have so much value outside of Phoenix that they shouldn't be discounted.

You can do it with only gear 8 phoenix. I did, using chopper instead of sabine, with most (maybe all) uniques omega'd and middling mods.

However- and this is a big however- Phoenix ARE quite useful elsewhere in the game so I don't think gear spent on them is wasted. You're definitely right about that. Personally I was happy to let them stay at gear 8 after getting Thrawn. He's been in my arena team forever and Chimaera helped me reach and stay at #1 in ships. Thrawn is worth every ounce of resources I spent getting him.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Event calendar for April has been updated....

LEGENDARY - ARTIST OF WAR

Starts: Apr 12th
    Ends: Apr 18th

LEGENDARY - CHIMAERA

• Event calendar for April has been updated....

LEGENDARY - ARTIST OF WAR

LEGENDARY - CHIMAERA

Thanks bro! I think I will be ready. My Hera is 0/100 and Ezra 10/100. Doing 3 refreshes a day.