Dynamic Duos (Same name 2v2 tournament)

Sacull_Kinslayer
797 posts Member
edited March 2018
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint — it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."

So what heroe, from different points in his/her time stream, would be the best duo assuming all things are equal (level 85, mods, g12, all zetaz, etc). Would raid han and Captain Han win? Would Kylo and Unmasked pull the upset? Or would Rey (Jedi whining) and Rey scavenger pull out the win? Or could Chewbacca... Ok seriously that's not happening. Yoda? Leia? Someone I haven't named? Why would they win? What's you guy's thoughts?

(Not my original thought... Had this discussion on discord and thought this could be interesting...)

(Edit for clarification... characters with 2+ holo heroes i.e. Han Solo / Captain Han Solo / veteran Han solo are required to make a team)

Props to my guildie Strock for the idea
Post edited by Sacull_Kinslayer on

Replies

• It has to be the Hans or the Kyo's. If they are all Zeta'd up I put money on the two Kylos.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Haha interesting idea. CLS and farmboy maybe? Just leave CLS on defense mode and let him counter all day with debuffs not sticking to him.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Vader and Jedi Knight Anakin would be interesting, albeit lacking in synergy. Raid Han and Captain Han would definitely be tough.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Cmdr luke will have to be carried by farmboy, but they should have a decent chance of winning ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Hermit Yoda and Rebel Pathfinder would be a great defense duo, mostly because you couldn't ever kill them because as soon as rebel pathfinder dies with the Masters Training buff, he just comes right back to life and Yoda gets 100% TM and just puts the masters training buff on him again to just not ever die......the duo probably wouldn't kill anything, but it'd be fun to see it time out a lot of teams.=)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The Hans lack a solid leadership ability and, while they would start out ahead, would stumble later. The res could save them though. CLS and JTRey definitely would have the better leadership abilities, imho. The Lukes always countering would certainly help - as would the CLS healing. I might lean toward the Reys though - JTRey's lead + Mind Trick could really create trouble - especially if Scav Rey is zeta'd and is dropping Daze as well. That would stop CLS and counters dead in their tracks. Plus those two would actually have some synergy.

If you ran brackets (ala NCAA tourny), I'd figure Hans vs. Reys in the Championship game. I don't think anyone else comes close to their synergies and damage output.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Palpatine and Sidious
  • @Nikoms565 love the reply. Though I gotta think zKRUz/Zylo would make a run. Most people forget Rey scavenger has a zeta too... That's why I added the stipulation of all zetaz.
  • Well it was fun while it lasted... Not sure how the discussion of heroes currently of the game in a theoretical tournament in the game is off topic from the game.

Rip fun thread.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ranked from worst to best (to build up tension xD)
    • Old ben & gen kenobi
      They simply lack the ability to kill any of the other teams due to healing
    • Yoda & Hermit
      Same problem as the kenobi's, but with healing. Also because hermit wusses out when things get tough ;)
    • Vet & CW chewie
      The previous teams can't beat CW chewie's taunt/heal and eventually vet chewie will probably be able to take them out.
    • Stormtrooper & vet Han
      Not even sure if they would win vs the chewies. They probably won't, but at this point it's too anoying to switch the lay-out xD
    • Leia & leia
      They'll just over power the previous teams with burst dmg
    • ahsoka & fulcrum
      Same as the leia's, but with more dmg and survivibility
    • Sidious & Palp
      Not enough survivability to be real contenders, but probably able to beat the previous teams
    • Raid & Cpt Han
      Burst dmg ftw, i just don't think it's enough to beat the upcomming teams
    • Farmboy & cmdr luke
      Screw cmdr luke lead, double zeta farmboy. nuff said
    • Kylo & unmasked
      Underrated as fudge ! dmg, controll, survivability !
    • jedi & scav Rey
      I'm not even sure if they will be able to beat the kylo's, but i think they will. Raid han might be able to kill scav right of the bat though, haha.
    Any list where i can put general kenobi last is a great list ;)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Well it was fun while it lasted... Not sure how the discussion of heroes currently of the game in a theoretical tournament in the game is off topic from the game.

Rip fun thread.

OH NO I CAN'T FIND THE THREAD WHERE DID IT GO

Oh wait it's right here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Any list where i can put general kenobi last is a great list ;)

Technically you put him first. ;)
  • Great list @leef ! Love it.
    TVF wrote: »
    Well it was fun while it lasted... Not sure how the discussion of heroes currently of the game in a theoretical tournament in the game is off topic from the game.

Rip fun thread.

Oh wait it's right here.

Point being it went from being front page to being tossed in the back end in the off topic... Not sure how a topic on theory craft using current toons in the game is off topic... I guess talking about the game is off topic. Rubbed me wrong/odd I guess.
  • Great list @leef ! Love it.

Rip fun thread.

Oh wait it's right here.

Point being it went from being front page to being tossed in the back end in the off topic... Not sure how a topic on theory craft using current toons in the game is off topic... I guess talking about the game is off topic. Rubbed me wrong/odd I guess.

There is power in the Off Topic.

giphy.gif
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Great list @leef ! Love it.

Rip fun thread.

Oh wait it's right here.

Most people here have gotten used to the fact that the "discussions" link sends you to the most recent topics so where the topic is located is irrelevant. You'll get used to it too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well, one thing is for sure, if people keep quoting comments in wich i'm tagged, i'm going to view this post alot ;)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Well, one thing is for sure, if people keep quoting comments in wich i'm tagged, i'm going to view this post alot ;)

@leef hi there.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    ^Ah darn I can't quote myself. ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

@leef hi there.

But I can. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

@leef hi there.

But I can. ;)

And now I can!
  • Hello there
  • Hello there
    General kenobi!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Did you really just quote yourself to make it known you're able to quote yourself? xD
    also, @Nikoms565 and @TVF, you're both no longer on the christmas card list ! What ever happened to common courtacy and the decency to remove "@s when quoting... smh