Home One 6* Challenge

Prev1345
Glauron
56 posts Member
edited March 2018
First of all this game is great. I have been playing since before Christmas and the progression system is very good. Lots of harder events as one progresses which keeps things interesting.

There is one challenge however that seems grossly over-tuned. The Home One challenge to get the 6* shards is completely out of the normal progression system. Mace and Tarkin 6*'s, while difficult, are beatable with close to the recommended levels. However the Ackbar one not only seems to require republic ships to pass (which is counter to Ackbar's design), but also requires multiple 7*, g10+ maxed pilots. I have done a great deal of research through reddit threads, videos etc and the old method was "auto 100x until Mace bugs out and doesn't reinforce at all".

I have tried this battle 10+ times every time it comes up over the past two months and have not even come close to winning. The Mace bug appears to be fixed as well as he has always reinforced.

I believe this should be looked at and tuned down to be in line with the other 6* challenges. I would also appreciate any assistance in strategy or tactics. I have tried Rex first and JC first strategies multiple times. My account on swgoh gg is: https://swgoh.gg/u/glauron/

Thanks!

UPDATE: So I upgraded the ships a bit and had a great RNG run. Took out Rex - still have 5 ships (ghost phantom JC wiggs). Took out Ahsoka, still 5 ships w good prot. Took out JC, still 5 ships with good health!

Next turn - reinforcement - 4 clones now. Exchange fire a bit. Next turn - reinforcement JC. Took out the JC. Next turn - reinforcement, clone. We're back to 5 on 5, with my ships all damaged. This has been the most deflating event in this entire game. If Mace held to a 2 turn cooldown like every other ship I am confident I could have beaten it, even with the HP wall and taunting. Brutal.
Post edited by Glauron on

Replies

• I too am having the same issue. I find that more times than not I can survive the first barrage and even get on a good run where I can take out a ship or 2, however my problem is lack of damage. I simply cant damage the ships fast enough once they start swapping taunt, pair that with Rex and JC's constant Protection restoration and its **** near impossible.

Currently I am farming Poe's Xwing for its massive damage to see if that helps get me over the hump but thats going to be a long farm. I am also working on Rex and Umbaran to see if they help.

My current ships are mostly 7 stars but admittedly my pilots range from Tier 6-10's.

https://swgoh.gg/u/refugeassassin/ships/?f=Light Side
  • I have tried this battle well over 100 times and cant get it. Something is bugged where Mace has unlimited reinforcements or something. I have 7 star Biigs, Wedge, Ghost and Phantom, Umbara, Cassians JC and Ahsoka all with at least g8 some up to g11 pilots and 3-5 star mods on them. I get them down to maybe 3 ships and then its a reinforcement barrage. Have been doing this same thing since the last Chimera event and still cant get it.
  • AndyG_Doh
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Same here.... I did the Endurance 6* challenge with a level 75 endurance it was easy. The Home1 challenge (with more 7* ships than I had for the endurance challenge) is insanely difficult so it may be bugged. I will keep trying tho.
  • Honestly, I had the hardest time getting 6* Ackbar's challenge, but I finally did get it. And I got it without the 'recommended' ships.

Wedge- g11/ship 7*
    Biggs-g11/ship 7*
    Phantom-Chopper g8, Sabine g7, Ezra g9/ship 7*
    Ghost- all g8/ship 7*
    Bistan's U-Wing- SRP g9, Bistan g7/ship 7*
    JC- g8/ship 7*
    Poe-g12/ship 6*

What I did was put it on auto, directed attacks when I could, and just kept going until I got it. It took nearly 2 hours in a row, but I did finally get it right before Chimera came back the second time. Keep going, you'll get it.
  • +1. Challenges are fine, but this is crazy.
  • Kudos for bringing up this issue. You are totally right.
  • Thank you for the detailed response, Lenora. I will eventually work to that point.

However I feel that the over-tuned nature of this challenge would be very discouraging to a medium-level player, especially one who doesn't research. I think it would be a very good idea for CG to tune this in line with the other 6* challenges in order to improve player retention.
  • Before this thread is burried, I 100% agree that this particular challenge is so over the top as to be ridiculous. The AI has unfair advantage, unfair modified speed, and they give each other bonus attacks not available to players.

It has been stated by others, this challenge was modified because it’s the gateway Capital Ship to Thrawn meta. Just more moving the goal post.
  • Glauron wrote: »
    Thank you for the detailed response, Lenora. I will eventually work to that point.

However I feel that the over-tuned nature of this challenge would be very discouraging to a medium-level player, especially one who doesn't research. I think it would be a very good idea for CG to tune this in line with the other 6* challenges in order to improve player retention.

Oh I definitely don't argue that it's overtuned for the recommendations. Especially considering how easy the other two 6* challenges are. Heck, I got Mace's without most of the capitol ship's abilities being leveled past 2 or so. However, it's doable with persistence.
  • It’s hard but once you build the strength in your fleet it is doable!
  • Ditto. I’m not one to shy away from a challenge, but I feel like I’m way over the suggested specs for this challenge and can’t make any headway.
  • @CG_RyDiggs can this get looked at? There are three Reddit posts on the front page about this as well. It’s ridiculously over geared and RNG dependent. I understand having a difficult challenge just like how Thrawn is. I get that. But to have this be a gate to getting Thrawns ship is over the top. When you basically ave the majority of players say “it’s all RNG dependent just keep doing it until he doesn’t reinforce” then something is broken.
  • KolhammerTime
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm now just under 500 attempts at this since I started keeping track. I have never gotten a run where Mace didn't reinforce so I'm guessing that was fixed at some point. This is what I'm running:

5* Home One, level 85, 7* Ackbar G9 (all abilities maxed for level)

All pilots level 85 - 7* with 5° mods and all ships level 85:

Bistan's U-Wing 5* - Bistan/SRP G8
    Cassian's U-Wing 7* - Cassian/K2SO G8, Jyn G10
    Phantom 5* - Sabine/Ezra G9, Chopper G10
    Ghost 6* - Hera G10, Kanan G9, Zeb G10
    Biggs' X-Wing 7* - Biggs G11
    Wedge's X-Wing 7* - Wedge G12
    Ahsoka's Starfighter 7* - AT G8
    JC Starfighter 7* - JC G8

It just seems so ridiculously out of scale with the other two that it's not even funny.
  • @CG_RyDiggs can this get looked at? There are three Reddit posts on the front page about this as well. It’s ridiculously over geared and RNG dependent. I understand having a difficult challenge just like how Thrawn is. I get that. But to have this be a gate to getting Thrawns ship is over the top. When you basically ave the majority of players say “it’s all RNG dependent just keep doing it until he doesn’t reinforce” then something is broken.

I'm sure he'll answer this right after he answers the question about Wicket and Mama T...oh, wait a minute...

I'm sure he'll answer this right after he answers the question about Wicket and Mama T...oh, wait a minute...

Not expecting much but ya never know.
  • It took me ages to beat it as well, but the only positive I can give you is that the 7* challenge is much easier than the 6*.
  • I'm now just under 500 attempts at this since I started keeping track. I have never gotten a run where Mace didn't reinforce so I'm guessing that was fixed at some point. This is what I'm running:

It just seems so ridiculously out of scale with the other two that it's not even funny.
    I'm now just under 500 attempts at this since I started keeping track. I have never gotten a run where Mace didn't reinforce so I'm guessing that was fixed at some point. This is what I'm running:

That’s what I’m wondering. Right after I kill a ship, Mace immediately reinforces. One after the other after the other. It makes no sense.
  • Same issues. Over 1.6 mil GP and cant beat it.
  • Just tried a couple more times. Mace will reinforce with no cooldown.
  • I think I'm going to sit it out for a while. It's not worth the frustration. I'll finish getting the ships to 7* and the pilots geared up before coming at it again. This thing really needs to be looked at. I'm sure it's probably WAI, though.
  • I think I'm going to sit it out for a while. It's not worth the frustration. I'll finish getting the ships to 7* and the pilots geared up before coming at it again. This thing really needs to be looked at. I'm sure it's probably WAI, though.

All 8 ships I used are 7* lvl 85. Each pilot is 7* between 80-85. And their gear is all 8 or higher. All have on 5 dot mods. Have tried at least 30 times just today and like I said before well over 100 probably more like 200 now over the last couple weeks. Something is seriously broken as right after I take down a ship mace reinforces. No cooldown, nothing. Just a reinforce right after.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    I get your frustration, but while that challenge is hard its not impossible. Reading through some of these comments the biggest thing i would say is gear your pilots. gear 8 for a pilot is well just not very good.
  • Biggs wedge g11. My Phoenix mix of 9/10 JC g10 Rex g10 ahsoka g9. Cassian and his crew 8 fives 8. So keep dumping gear into them?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    What total cheap garbage. AI JC now has unlimited protection CD to whomever they wish. I just had Rex to a sliver of health and out come PKJSF and a second JC both immediately dump protection onto Rex. Akbar batters Rex with barrage and his protection is now gone a second time. Out of turn, PloKloon and JC both apply their shield to Rex again.

How many reinforcements does Mace have? There should be 3 total. But I counted 5.

Starts with JC, Ashoka, Rex, 2 Clone Arc170. Back ups are PloKloon, JC, and then 3 additional Arc 170s. Going through 2 ultimates, my fleet’s not weak.

• I think a lot of the frustration right now (and take a look at reddit if you think this is minor) is that at one point it was beatable by hitting auto 100 times and waiting for Mace to forget the "reinforce" button. However while that bug appears to have been fixed, the fight has not been re-tuned to make it possible.

It also makes me wonder if CG designed it to be best with Republic ships so we would be forced to farm DS for arena, Rebel for Thrawn and Republic for the ACKBAR mission. Because an offensive rebel lineup struggles against the 100's of thousands of EHP over the ships.

Also, there does seem to be a reinforcement issue where the reinforcement cooldown seems low. Unless it is due to the valour.
  • Same issue here. It's a shame that such an important mission for getting 7 star Chimaera is so RNG dependent. At some point you'd think that your ships would be able to overpower clones and company but that looks far far off. Definitely not something a level 82 with 5 star ships would be able to do.
  • I really don't understand the problem home one was my first 6 star capitol ship had no trouble with the challenge.
  • KolhammerTime
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I really don't understand the problem home one was my first 6 star capitol ship had no trouble with the challenge.

Bully for you. Did you manage it before the reinforcement issue was apparently resolved?
  • I'm having the same problem as everyone else. 1.7mil+ GP, regularly finish first in my fleet shard. Running 7out of 8 lever 85 seven star ships for this challenge. All ships' attacks and abilities maxed out other than some of the gear dependent ones, and cannot even come close to beating this event. Wish the DEVs would address the issue, or at least respond to it.
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    +1