Solution to the gear stockpile

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited March 2018
With all the gear we have just piling up in the thousands, it’s a bit annoying. So I have a little idea. Why not have a gear trading mechanic? It works like this:
Within your guild, you can trade up to 5 pieces of one salvage for 5 of another every 12 hours with one guild member. It works just like the gear exchange but a more complete swap. Here’s a scenario. I need mk3 holo projectors and my guildie needs mk7 Nubian tech. Well I have 700 of those and he has 100 of the mk3. Rather than hope 5 other guildees donate to us we just swap 5 mk3 holo’s for 5 mk7 Nubian tech. After that neither of us can trade with any other guild member for 12 hours.
It doesn’t break the game, it doesn’t saturate anything, and it gives a little alleviation to the gear crunch and stockpiles. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It's so easily abuseable it's a joke. I'll create like 10 holo projectors alts, 10 stun gun alts, 10 stun cuff alts and 19 Carbanti alts.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    It's so easily abuseable it's a joke. I'll create like 10 holo projectors alts, 10 stun gun alts, 10 stun cuff alts and 19 Carbanti alts.

That sounds easy to you? If a person was willing to go through all that effort just to cheat a couple extra gear pieces here and there, I honestly wouldn't even have a problem with it. They'd do better just getting a second job and dedicating that paycheck to buying Crystals, sounds like less work.

wouldn't work due to timelock.
    This system looks good, but it's basically just gear exchange with extra steps. Reducing gear exchange cooldown to 12 hours would be 99% this system with the added feature that anyone can participate and you dont give anything in return.
  • Jevon
    133 posts Member
    This doesn't resolve the real issue of stockpiled gear though, as most people have the same gear in the thousands..
  • The solution is to revamp 1/2 the old characters so that stockpiled gear is replacing the high end bottleneck gear. CUP, Ugnaught etc now use Challenge gear to get to GS 9, 10, 11, 12. Newer toons still require the raid gear to level up.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

That sounds easy to you? If a person was willing to go through all that effort just to cheat a couple extra gear pieces here and there, I honestly wouldn't even have a problem with it. They'd do better just getting a second job and dedicating that paycheck to buying Crystals, sounds like less work.

You really don't want to know exactly how many accounts I have made while rerolling for a perfect start....
  • How about an option to trade some excess gear in for shard ship currency?

You really don't want to know exactly how many accounts I have made while rerolling for a perfect start....

I do. Did you manage to pull a wedgie out of a chromie in the end?
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    How about an option to trade some excess gear in for shard ship currency?

This could be feasible too. Depending on the level of gear would give you higher amounts of shard currency.
  • How about you can toss 1000s of gear pieces in a guild donation pot, and players can pick up up to 5 or so pieces every 12 hours

So you would leave your guild and create your own guild just to trade for 10 salvage pieces a day? How would it be abused. It would be meant only for guild members to trade with one another. Like someone else said it would be a more direct version of gear exchange with a shorter time lock of 12 hours instead of 24
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »

I do. Did you manage to pull a wedgie out of a chromie in the end?

I did 200+ accounts no Wedge.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So you would leave your guild and create your own guild just to trade for 10 salvage pieces a day? How would it be abused. It would be meant only for guild members to trade with one another. Like someone else said it would be a more direct version of gear exchange with a shorter time lock of 12 hours instead of 24

Ah only 1 member, misread that as every member. Not as abuseable but just means I only need ONE alt to feed me say 10 pieces of stun gun salvage everyday. That's a lot more than you'll get from your current guild members I bet.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Ah only 1 member, misread that as every member. Not as abuseable but just means I only need ONE alt to feed me say 10 pieces of stun gun salvage everyday. That's a lot more than you'll get from your current guild members I bet.

But will you’re guild allow your alternate to come in just for that? Why not allow alternates of your other guild members? It’s too much of a headache for 10 gear salvage a day. Now if there was no time lock I definitely see your abuse worries though.
  • Jevon wrote: »
    This doesn't resolve the real issue of stockpiled gear though, as most people have the same gear in the thousands..

It won’t do anything for the challenge gear, you’re right. But raid gear like mk4 holos, mk7 Nubian tech, mk3 bacta, etc, would benefit. In my guild some members only get payouts of one of those constantly and are always lacking in the other. I’m hurting on the mk6 thermals while another is swimming in them. If I could trade the mk7 Nubians that I have 700 of for them, which he is oddly hurting in, then I’d happily do it
  • Here is a idea how about when making new toons, EA justs start giving them gear requirements of the crap we have 1000s of instead of carbanti and stun guns always
  • Swaie2004 wrote: »
    Here is a idea how about when making new toons, EA justs start giving them gear requirements of the **** we have 1000s of instead of carbanti and stun guns always

Stop making sense with your well thought out and reasonable logic. What’s the matter with you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's an interesting idea, I think the bigger issue is would people really be willing to give up 5 of something they need for 5 or something we all have 1000s of?

And yes, this could be abused.... but this ^^ is the bigger issue it just wouldn't solve.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea, I think the bigger issue is would people really be willing to give up 5 of something they need for 5 or something we all have 1000s of?

And yes, this could be abused.... but this ^^ is the bigger issue it just wouldn't solve.

But abused how? Especially if you are limited to doing it with one person in your guild per 12 hours
  • Can we start by allowing us to donate all the gear a guildie needs? Nothing burns me more than just being able to donate 1 piece when I have 1100.