Lets talk about heal characters ( Clone Trooper Medic )

Most if not all healer characters in the game are useless at the moment. The only 2 healers being used at the moment are Talia & Old Daka for NS teams.
I was wondering why heal characters are so left out of the game, I think there is a lot of potential in new heal abilities. I mean, there is not a single healer that can use a single target heal spell, or did I miss something?
So I just thought of a new character. Probably too many abilities for a random character, but oh well :smile:. Hope you guys like it :D

Clone Trooper Medic
Light Side, Healer, Clone Trooper

Ability 1 (basic): Quick Shot
Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack has a 50% chance to stun the target. If the target is stunned, heal a friendly character for 30% of Clone Trooper Medic's health.

Ability 2 (special): Treat the Wounded
Target ally gains 50% of Clone Trooper Medic's max health and recovers 50% protection. Target ally gains taunt for 2 turns. Target ally recovers 25% health and protection each turn (2 turns)

Ability 3 (special): I will protect you
Clone Trooper Medic and target enemy swap turn meter. Clone Trooper Medic gains invulnerability for the turn of the target enemy. The target enemy can only attack the Clone Trooper Medic. Heal all allies for the damage that Clone Trooper Medic would have received. If the target enemy does not attack Clone Trooper Medic then stun the target enemy for 2 turns and heal all allies for 10% of Clone Trooper Medic's max health

Ability 4 (unique): Leave no man behind
When a Clone Trooper falls below 25% health, target a Clone Trooper, give the selected target health up and taunt for 2 turns.

Ability 5 (unique): Don't let my death be in vain
When Clone Trooper Medic dies, grant all allies 25% health and 25% protection. Clone Trooper Medic can not be revived.

Replies

• This is a extremely powerful toon, especially for a generic one, his basic reminds me of CUPs with a extra step making it a direct upgrade without taking anything away, his first special is agonizing to deal with especially if its given to Fives, his second special is Thrawns swap turn meter on super steroids, i mean seriously this is a extremely powerful ability NO character should have especially a generic one, the fact that you cant kill the medic as well as medic healing his allies with the additional punishment for stunning the enemy if they dont target medic is extremely unfair and overpowered, his first unique sounds a bit weak but its the first fair ability in this list, and finally second unique (also 5 abilities for a generic unit? Overkill) is also not that great but also fair, i suggest you seriously think about making a character fair to deal with and not brutally painful because no one would want a character added thats almost legendary tier.
  • way too OP. This guy could be legacy.
    Anyway, the simple reason why healers aren't in meta and wont be (excluded bariss but her heal is a enemy-procced one, not a turn) Is that the arena has been a speed competition for a long time. Oneshotting someone before they take a turn is key to this game. Also healing does not affect protection which is half of the health pool or more in endgame arenas. And some meta tanks fill the roles of semi-healers. I am not saying they can't be. Just that people would always pick ROLO over any healer any day.
  • Wouldnt call barriss under a GK lead 'useless'

Great against a CLS wall in TW
  • Yea some abilities are OP. Thanks for pointing that out. I do think if it were to be tweaked a little bit it could potentially be good instead of OP. Thanks for the feedback ^_^
  • jroos100 wrote: »
    Yea some abilities are OP. Thanks for pointing that out. I do think if it were to be tweaked a little bit it could potentially be good instead of OP. Thanks for the feedback ^_^

maybe try with abilities 1, 2 and 4, exclude the rest. Also something else over taunt on 2. You dont send a man you just patched up right back into the fray.
  • jroos100 wrote: »
    Yea some abilities are OP. Thanks for pointing that out. I do think if it were to be tweaked a little bit it could potentially be good instead of OP. Thanks for the feedback ^_^

maybe try with abilities 1, 2 and 4, exclude the rest. Also something else over taunt on 2. You dont send a man you just patched up right back into the fray.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    We can all hope for some more clones, I’d like a little synergy with Galactic Republic Jedi too.

I’ll move this to feedback for continued conversation.