TB and TW Lacks A Meritocratic Reward System

I always feel that TB and TW should not have a "same for all" reward system within the guild.
There's simply no incentive for the freeloaders to improve their roster which I feel is abit unfair to those who are more dedicated.
I'm tired of seeing freeloaders just locking in minimum damage and not doing s*** for the guild...
It will be good if the reward system be akin to the tiered system we see in raids.
I hope the devs can seriously consider this.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    whuuuut?!?! I couldn't disagree more !
    There's enough incentive to improve your roster since they will also recieve better rewards if the guild as a whole gets more stars in TB, wins TW or gets into a higher rewards tier for TW.
    It's so much better than having to compete with your guildmates for the best rewards. Same for all is a blessing !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • @leef that would be true if most of your members are active.
    My guild members are not exactly that motivated...
  • @rayroars If some guild members aren't doing their part... maybe it's time to say goodbye to them?
  • @ReneGade Thats v true. I was tempted to leave a couple of times but nevertheless this is my first guild that I have joined over a year and I thought maybe things will change
  • This isn’t really possible anymore since combat missions get locked out once 3* are reached.
    Only the first handful of players to be available in a phase would get the bonus points for completing the missions and it would skew the results. It would lead to officers having to come up with (and police) some complex rotation system like with raids.
    No thanks!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    rayroars wrote: »
    leef that would be true if most of your members are active.
    My guild members are not exactly that motivated...

I'm sorry to hear that, but there are other ways to motivate your guildmembers, ways wich don't mess up the reward structure for guilds without that particular problem.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • urtil
    73 posts Member
    While I sympathize with the frustration of someone active that sees others doing squat I still disagree with the idea of tiered rewards for TW and TB.

We are an international guild with members from all over Europe, North America and Asia which is a major part of the fun. Such a system would give those that are awake when a new phase starts a massive advantage. For TB when a new phase starts we eventually get to the stage where we close combat in one territory which would disadvantage those that only get to participate in TB later because it starts in the middle of the night for them. Also in some early phases you cannot even deploy anymore (like in the first territory or early fleet territories where we get to 3 stars). Although I guess they could change that mechanism.

Plus it might very well set wrong incentives in TW: You want to place high up? Simply set all defense even with the most crappy squads you have. You want to maximize your offensive output? Don't tackle the difficult squads. Focus on the easy pickings. Never finish off a squad that someone else already had attacked. Don't hold back your quality squad for any roadblocks in later territories. Get your points now before someone else takes them. You kept your fleet for offense but now that territory blocking access to fleet is too strong? Tough luck - you loose out. Right now things work just fine. Yes, there are some people that are more active than others but I don't think your system would be an improvement.

I definitively don't want it for TW. I guess on TB I could live with a minor tiering of rewards but in no way as strong as the raids. On the other hand with raids all members contribute to tickets but the top slots normally go to the best members. You could call that freeloading on everyone's activity by those members, right? I think TB and TW provide some offset for guilds with a diverse member structure whereby the weaker members now benefit more (admittedly stronger lazy members are an issue there). Overall I think the system is fine and reasonably balanced as it is.