This was supposed to be fun, right?

Prev13
Our guild is at about 65 million, and we can run through HAAT in about 24 hrs, that's still a lot of fun.

The Sith Triumvirate is not fun. It's not fun at all. It's anti fun. It sucks the fun right out of the game. It's a chore. It's a massive time investment and the rewards for it wouldn't be worth that time investment if you quadrupled them.

We launched a Tier 5 about a week ago and 4 days later we were half way through phase 1. Are you kidding me? We're stuck on Tier 4 and that still takes us about 2 days per phase. And the rewards for it aren't even as good as a rancor run which we can finish in 10 minutes and run almost every other day.

This game isn't supposed to be a job. I've already got 2 of those. This is my escape from that. Give us a break. We all want a challenge, something that keeps the game fun and interesting. We wanted this raid to be the nice new shiny object we chase after for the next year, like Kenobi was for so many and who I'm about to unlock with or next HAAT!

A ton of our guild mates have already given up trying to play the Sith Raid altogether. So Darth Traya isn't a goal any of us even think is in the future for us. I suspect most of us will quit this game long before we can ever even play the Heroic Sith, much less look forward to unlocking her.

Alright, I'm done venting. Thanks anyway.

Replies

• You have to keep in mind that different players are at different points in the game. For some, rancor is still a fun challenge. Others solo it and can’t even be bothered to take part.
    Believe it or not, some guilds already have a zero damage rule in place for hSith to make sure everyone gets in.

If you are still at the point where you are unlocking gk, Traya is out of reach to you for a long time. That’s by design, otherwise you would quickly run out of new challenging content and be bored.

Not every event is intended for every player.
  • For the sith raid, some of my guild, myself included, just throw a squad in and hit auto, the mechanics are whack, same as the rewards,
  • For the sith raid, some of my guild, myself included, just throw a squad in and hit auto, the mechanics are whack, same as the rewards,

Agreed. Other than guild currency, I can pretty much get the rewards on any given Tuesday.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that different players are at different points in the game. For some, rancor is still a fun challenge. Others solo it and can’t even be bothered to take part.
    Believe it or not, some guilds already have a zero damage rule in place for hSith to make sure everyone gets in.

If you are still at the point where you are unlocking gk, Traya is out of reach to you for a long time. That’s by design, otherwise you would quickly run out of new challenging content and be bored.

Please, which guild(s) would this be?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that different players are at different points in the game. For some, rancor is still a fun challenge. Others solo it and can’t even be bothered to take part.

Please, which guild(s) would this be?

There is more than one. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • People are still joining the game every day, so yeah, there are definitely guilds still trying to conquer its first HPit.

I think people forget how when Rancor was first launched, most guilds started at T1 or T2 and worked their way up. My assumption is that developers were trying to capture this experience again for more seasoned players.

Short answer, you're playing the wrong tier. Our guild is 125 gp and we're still primarily doing Tier 5 until we get the right character compositions to make 6 and Heroic achievable.

We're having fun figuring it out.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Short answer, you're playing the wrong tier. Our guild is 125 gp and we're still primarily doing Tier 5 until we get the right character compositions to make 6 and Heroic achievable.

We're having fun figuring it out.

This.

We're 67m GP, doing T4 in three days, and having a lot of fun trying out and working on lots of different teams. I never thought I'd even bother unlocking Magmatrooper and now I've somehow got him to 6* and G9 with abilities maxed, just because he does well in P1.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • On top of it taking so long a lot of people are discouraged to even try which slows down progress even more
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    Stop comparing it to Pit or HAAT.

At lower tiers it takes a few days, then you immediately relaunch after completing. So the raid is available every day, and you get to use five teams each day. You get to try out different combinations, and different toons you'd never use before. How is that not fun?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My biggest dislike us that Rey is so important. For someone who has no use for her except sith raid seems an extreme farm and gear crunch. I know everyone will say haat was the same way at first. But I disagree. Most needed characters for haat was easy farm characters. Not farm every resistance character to get the one character that will help you on this event.
  • And the vets
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    My biggest dislike us that Rey is so important. For someone who has no use for her except sith raid seems an extreme farm and gear crunch. I know everyone will say haat was the same way at first. But I disagree. Most needed characters for haat was easy farm characters. Not farm every resistance character to get the one character that will help you on this event.

I'm surprised by this comparison, since Resistance teams are / were the strongest against HAAT for a long time. They were not easy farms for a lot of people. Thrawn is a difficult farm for new players. CLS and Raid Han, difficult for newer players. What you're encountering with STR is essentially a new player experience for the Pit or HAAT.

I'm just at a loss for how the challenge isn't fun for people. I concede that the rewards aren't great for the amount of health you have to deal with at the lower STR levels, and I think they should reduce the health pools in tiers 1 - 5. But to say that JTR shouldn't be important seems naive. She's a Hero's journey character... If you want to do the best in new content, shouldn't it be required to have the best characters?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    The raid is still pretty new:

-New team compositions are still being discovered that are effective.
    - New characters will be released that are effective in the raid (as always)
    -level and gear cap raises will come and make it easier

For now, it is intentionally difficult. It provides some challenging new content to top level guilds and gives lower level guilds something to work towards.
    Even so, top level guilds have the heroic raid on farm already.

Several Alliance guilds for example, I’m sure TI, and many others as well.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    My biggest dislike us that Rey is so important. For someone who has no use for her except sith raid seems an extreme farm and gear crunch. I know everyone will say haat was the same way at first. But I disagree. Most needed characters for haat was easy farm characters. Not farm every resistance character to get the one character that will help you on this event.

I'm surprised by this comparison, since Resistance teams are / were the strongest against HAAT for a long time. They were not easy farms for a lot of people. Thrawn is a difficult farm for new players. CLS and Raid Han, difficult for newer players. What you're encountering with STR is essentially a new player experience for the Pit or HAAT.

I'm just at a loss for how the challenge isn't fun for people. I concede that the rewards aren't great for the amount of health you have to deal with at the lower STR levels, and I think they should reduce the health pools in tiers 1 - 5. But to say that JTR shouldn't be important seems naive. She's a Hero's journey character... If you want to do the best in new content, shouldn't it be required to have the best characters?

Half the characters you mentioned weren't in the game when haat came out. The squads everyone wanted for haat was droids/Jawas clones chirpatee/teeboteen and yes ressistance. Non of those compare to the farm of Rey.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's supposed to be more fun in the long term, that's why it's set up this way.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    My guild has a zero dmg rule. You guys should be playing a lower tier. Yeah it sucks that you won’t be getting Traya for a Very long time, but that’s where you are at in the game right now (65mil is very low). Don’t listen to anyone about he rewards being lame though, I’m at 6/7 raids fully crafted G12 piece. On top of that, the other pieces have been carbanti and stuff cuff and the like
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    The good news about where you are at in the game, your shard competitors should be there too AND you have a lot of initialized resources to look forward to
  • STR is supposed to be fun for end game guilds. Our 140mil GP guild just finished our first heroic. We learned a ton and now most of us are frantically farming toons that we completely ignored before. Folks are theorycrafting a bunch and trying new things. It's a blast!!
    Guilds with newer players should be grinding it out and learning what works, so when you eventually try heroic, you succeed. Hint: Don't ignore Pao, Talia or NS Initiate....
    JTR is important, no doubt, but that's great because the EP rework basically wiped her out of arena, so those players that spent to get her still get their money's worth....
  • I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp

ofcourse GP plays a role in how much fun the raid is. End game content isn't fun for beginning players, and vice versa.
    Obviously you can still not like it eventhough you're in an end-game guild.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp
    There are a lot of tries involved. But really, I don’t have to, if I don’t get the perfect run, my guild is strong enough that we can all go mediocre. But I like perfect runs, I like high scores, I do it. We are a 148mil guild
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

ofcourse GP plays a role in how much fun the raid is. End game content isn't fun for beginning players, and vice versa.
    Obviously you can still not like it eventhough you're in an end-game guild.

GP definitely plays a role. Of course a focused account my have the exact toons needed for raid and show a lower GPc but on average generally reflects where you are at in the game (meaning, do you have the right toons)
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Half the characters you mentioned weren't in the game when haat came out. The squads everyone wanted for haat was droids/Jawas clones chirpatee/teeboteen and yes ressistance. Non of those compare to the farm of Rey.

You're right, and that was my point, though I didn't articulate it very well. In the beginning of HAAT, most guilds had to string together multiple teams in each Phase to do 2%+ so it could be cleared. Then we got zetas and new characters that are iconic and easy for mature players to obtain, but difficult for new/novice players. Those characters and zetas made HAAT easy and more fun for all. This will be the same cadence for STR.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    There are a lot of tries involved. But really, I don’t have to, if I don’t get the perfect run, my guild is strong enough that we can all go mediocre. But I like perfect runs, I like high scores, I do it. We are a 148mil guild

I figured you were higher than me. If you have it on farm. I just pointing out even highish players can have issues with raid mechanics.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

I figured you were higher than me. If you have it on farm. I just pointing out even highish players can have issues with raid mechanics.
    Yeah, I bet you guys rock T6 though. I wouldn’t play if it took weeks like the OP.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »

You're right, and that was my point, though I didn't articulate it very well. In the beginning of HAAT, most guilds had to string together multiple teams in each Phase to do 2%+ so it could be cleared. Then we got zetas and new characters that are iconic and easy for mature players to obtain, but difficult for new/novice players. Those characters and zetas made HAAT easy and more fun for all. This will be the same cadence for STR.

I actually had more fun with the first squads needed then later on but I get your premise
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Fun wasn’t really in the spirit of the raid, so they adjusted it in an update.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

tipically those issues stem from not being able to get high scores though. Things become more "fun" when you're doing good or when you're winning.
    That said, i always skip p1 hAAT. However, p3 was my least favourite phase, but with the toons i've got now it's p1. I assume you get the point i'm trying to make eventhough i'm probably explaning it poorly.
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Yeah, I bet you guys rock T6 though. I wouldn’t play if it took weeks like the OP.

We plan on giving t7 ashot once everyone gets there reys geared up. No it doesn't take 2 weeks.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

We plan on giving t7 ashot once everyone gets there reys geared up. No it doesn't take 2 weeks.

GL man! Rey is definitely key. I don’t even have a P2 team, but the leftover Rey’s cover it.