This was supposed to be fun, right?

Replies

• Our guild tried tier 4. It took like 5 days. So we decided to try tier 3. We can finish it in 3 days. About the time the tickets refresh. I think that’s a good way to base it for now.
    So we are sticking with that. And it is fun.
    53 million Guild GP.
  • leef wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp
    There are a lot of tries involved. But really, I don’t have to, if I don’t get the perfect run, my guild is strong enough that we can all go mediocre. But I like perfect runs, I like high scores, I do it. We are a 148mil guild

I figured you were higher than me. If you have it on farm. I just pointing out even highish players can have issues with raid mechanics.

tipically those issues stem from not being able to get high scores though. Things become more "fun" when you're doing good or when you're winning.
    That said, i always skip p1 hAAT. However, p3 was my least favourite phase, but with the toons i've got now it's p1. I assume you get the point i'm trying to make eventhough i'm probably explaning it poorly.

I understand what you're saying and I do think with level boosts and new end game characters it'll get a lot easier. Hopefully .ore fun. I do like a challenging game though. Demon souls is probably my favorite game.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp
    There are a lot of tries involved. But really, I don’t have to, if I don’t get the perfect run, my guild is strong enough that we can all go mediocre. But I like perfect runs, I like high scores, I do it. We are a 148mil guild

I figured you were higher than me. If you have it on farm. I just pointing out even highish players can have issues with raid mechanics.
    Yeah, I bet you guys rock T6 though. I wouldn’t play if it took weeks like the OP.

We plan on giving t7 ashot once everyone gets there reys geared up. No it doesn't take 2 weeks.

GL man! Rey is definitely key. I don’t even have a P2 team, but the leftover Rey’s cover it.

Yeah, I bet you guys rock T6 though. I wouldn’t play if it took weeks like the OP.

We plan on giving t7 ashot once everyone gets there reys geared up. No it doesn't take 2 weeks.

GL man! Rey is definitely key. I don’t even have a P2 team, but the leftover Rey’s cover it.

We will probably get wooped but it's the only way to know where you are at and what you need to work on.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Half the characters you mentioned weren't in the game when haat came out. The squads everyone wanted for haat was droids/Jawas clones chirpatee/teeboteen and yes ressistance. Non of those compare to the farm of Rey.

That's true. Clones certainly didn't compare to the farm of Rey. Fives was cantina currency, Sarge was hard nodes, and Rex, Echo, and Cody were chromium or crystals only. So certainly not the same farm, given that all the JTRey characters can be farmed from the table (except BB8, but his requirements can be farmed from the table).

Chirpatine/Teebotine: required Palpatine who had not yet returned for his second appearance.

• They were farmable shortly after. Rey bb8 needs a ton of toons to aquire so yes I still stick with my sentiment.
  • The rewards are complete crap for time invested. It takes my guild 4 days to do T3 (it started out as 3 days) and taking longer every time. More of my guild each time are doing less and less. The raid is not fun and rewards are crap.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    time invested? I do 5 battles a day. would rather be able to sim challenges all at once, sim fleet battles (which are the worst normal part of the game), and get rid of TW
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The rewards are complete **** for time invested. It takes my guild 4 days to do T3 (it started out as 3 days) and taking longer every time. More of my guild each time are doing less and less. The raid is not fun and rewards are ****.

If you're doing a T3, then you can move to T2 and it'll go faster. More guild coins = more gear = faster progression
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    I got 20 stun gun salvage today for T4. I'm happy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    The rewards are complete **** for time invested. It takes my guild 4 days to do T3 (it started out as 3 days) and taking longer every time. More of my guild each time are doing less and less. The raid is not fun and rewards are ****.

If you're doing a T3, then you can move to T2 and it'll go faster. More guild coins = more gear = faster progression

You are assuming I can make those decisions.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    The rewards are complete **** for time invested. It takes my guild 4 days to do T3 (it started out as 3 days) and taking longer every time. More of my guild each time are doing less and less. The raid is not fun and rewards are ****.

That's a logical thing to do though. If your guild officers don't get that, maybe you should find a more savvy guild.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »

Guild affiliation is voluntary. If guild leaders are making poor decisions and not listening to the guilds advise you can always leave and find a different one. You can decide.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Your guild needs to do the tier that is appropriate to their GP level or you will be doing a raid for way longer than you are supposed to.

I can tell you that as a member of a guild who is ready for end game content, we can clear the Heroic Sith in less than 7 hours even when a lot of us are busy at work (we did that today) so the Heroic raid is tuned fine with end game players and no nerf is needed. The different tiers are there for guilds to do the one that fits them best.
  • The rewards are complete **** for time invested. It takes my guild 4 days to do T3 (it started out as 3 days) and taking longer every time. More of my guild each time are doing less and less. The raid is not fun and rewards are ****.

I could've written this, basically in the same boat. Tried a T4 which took 8 days so had to go back to T3, which 1st time took 3 days but went to 4-4.5 days. Stuck there & have to relaunch same afternoon so as not to lose raid tickets to the cap. So when we finish must do it TWICE a day. Rewards laughable compared to time/effort. Can't blame my guildies for their lackluster efforts as I've resorted to mostly autoing already, especially during the wkg WK. Wish we could use some of those raid coins to do the other raids more instead. (HPit, Naat) 70millGP guild.
  • Regardless difficulty, it is just boring.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    Your guild needs to do the tier that is appropriate to their GP level or you will be doing a raid for way longer than you are supposed to.

I can tell you that as a member of a guild who is ready for end game content, we can clear the Heroic Sith in less than 7 hours even when a lot of us are busy at work (we did that today) so the Heroic raid is tuned fine with end game players and no nerf is needed. The different tiers are there for guilds to do the one that fits them best.

Except tier 1-5, maybe 6 too, are scaled waaaaay harder than the listed star, gear, and toon levels suggest. My guild can blitz regular aat in 12 hours yet tier 3 which is theoretically easier than raat takes us 3 days. There is simply no way a guild meeting the minimum tier requirements (which often means no jtr, cls etc) does it in less than 2 weeks.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    So that's just a problem with the description, and that's certainly not an isolated case in the game. Ignore the descriptions.
  • Artery
    20 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    So that's just a problem with the description, and that's certainly not an isolated case in the game. Ignore the descriptions.

I wouldn't say it's incorrect for raids tho. My g8 do well NAAT, my g10 do well in HAAT, my g9 do well in rancor

My gear 8, 6* toons don't do well in tier 3 of sith raid.
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    811 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree that the Sith raid isn't fun. For the most part it is just throw out the squad and hit auto. Turn off auto when cooldown for annihilate is at 2. Hit the shield on the right toon at the right time. Rinse repeat until enrage.

Hit post too quickly...

The rewards are so weak though. We did T3 due to ticket maxing but are now on T4 because the rewards are so crappy.

image.png

That's my most recent haul from the Sith raid, T3.
  • Artery wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's incorrect for raids tho. My g8 do well NAAT, my g10 do well in HAAT, my g9 do well in rancor

Try using the star level required for tbs. You won't do very good.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    I agree that the Sith raid isn't fun. For the most part it is just throw out the squad and hit auto. Turn off auto when cooldown for annihilate is at 2. Hit the shield on the right toon at the right time. Rinse repeat until enrage.

You should be able to do more damage on manual, with proper strategy. If not, you need better team comps.
  • TVF wrote: »
    You should be able to do more damage on manual, with proper strategy. If not, you need better team comps.
    Oh, definitely I can. I just don't want to invest the time in it for the rewards. It just isn't worth it at T3 (I mean, that's like 3 or 4 days of time for that). Hopefully T4 changes my mind. We shall see.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    T4 rewards are similar, maybe a little better. I finished 1st yesterday and got 20 stun gun salvage, 16 syringe salvage, and something else. I won't complain about stun gun salvage.

The guild currency is ok as well.
  • TVF wrote: »
    T4 rewards are similar, maybe a little better. I finished 1st yesterday and got 20 stun gun salvage, 16 syringe salvage, and something else. I won't complain about stun gun salvage.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain about stun gun salvage either. The guild currency is the only thing I didn't really scoff at in the rewards, TBH.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I cringe everytime I have to put my time into this on tier 6.I know what teams to use on tier 1 with Nihilus and its stupid,time it wrong-get anihilated,time it right-Nihilus sometimes doesnt anihilate resulting in a retreats constantly!There is no strategy to this raid,all it is a slugfest with gold gear toons and hope you make it to enrage,anything lower,watch them die with full protection bc Nihilus has to ignore protection but he somehow has protection?hmmm!Heck,Even the cronies are hard to kill off resulting in wasted attacks but yet again,you need that stupid shield which never goes to the right toon anyways.At least tier 5,4 can get done in 4,5 days.This event is a pile imo,its like putting perfume on a oinker and I feel sorry for him.
  • Artery
    20 posts Member
    Artery wrote: »

Try using the star level required for tbs. You won't do very good.

I wasn't disreputing that, just the raids!
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member

1st place on tier 4 has been good to me,better than 5,I despise tier 6.
  • I've been playing this game for almost 2 years, and I just unlocked my pit Han Solo like two months ago. So if you f2p its a grind. I still find the game fun, because I worked hard for everything I got. I didn't complain, or felt that I was entitled to have things given to me.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    jjkriv wrote: »

1st place on tier 4 has been good to me,better than 5

I assume you mean the gear, which is just (extremely small sample) RNG.

And T5 gets you GEC. I'd much rather do 5, if we were able.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    The worst part of the raid is that at non-heroic tiers for 65M gp guild on t4 we have to fight Nihilus FOUR TIMES in each raid. Each person fights him twice in p1 and twice in p4 (5 teams each time for a total of 20 teams). Nihilus is annoying, which I dont mind, but Fighting him 20 times each raid is just NOT FUN. And yes we moved down to t3 but its still 5 teams per person about 3 times. The t3 raid says "level 60 g8." We clearly out gear and out level it but only have 1 JTR in guild.

Change Nihilus HP, change the description, or both. Just toning Nihilus down would make it bearable. P2 and 3 I have no complaints about. Other than no JTR, we have good teams and understand the mechanics, but Fighting giant HP pool Nihilus 10-20 times with somewhat unpredictable instagib of one of your toons is just painful and boring. As others have said many people just sit out or auto p1 and first part of p4 and I dont blame them. It just sucks.