This was supposed to be fun, right?

13Next

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    kello_511 wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that different players are at different points in the game. For some, rancor is still a fun challenge. Others solo it and can’t even be bothered to take part.
    Believe it or not, some guilds already have a zero damage rule in place for hSith to make sure everyone gets in.

If you are still at the point where you are unlocking gk, Traya is out of reach to you for a long time. That’s by design, otherwise you would quickly run out of new challenging content and be bored.

Not every event is intended for every player.

Your missing his point... you even say it yourself "different players at different points", which is exactly the point... the raid isn't worth doing for the poop rewards and it is not fun, its just a grind, even at the low tier options.

Lets not kid here either, no guild is doing tagging, 24h or any other **** yet for Heroic Sith.
  • Revi wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that different players are at different points in the game. For some, rancor is still a fun challenge. Others solo it and can’t even be bothered to take part.
    Believe it or not, some guilds already have a zero damage rule in place for hSith to make sure everyone gets in.

If you are still at the point where you are unlocking gk, Traya is out of reach to you for a long time. That’s by design, otherwise you would quickly run out of new challenging content and be bored.

Not every event is intended for every player.

Lets not kid here either, no guild is doing tagging, 24h or any other **** yet for Heroic Sith.

We have a 24h zero damage rule in place for the raid. Last raid it took us about 5 hours to complete the raid once damage opened. Several players had only 0 logged, most of us made one decent run and that was it. We are a 160+M GP guild.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp

ofcourse GP plays a role in how much fun the raid is. End game content isn't fun for beginning players, and vice versa.
    Obviously you can still not like it eventhough you're in an end-game guild.

Thats what the tiers are for, sure not everybody can and should directly jump to heroic that would be stupid. The problem with this Raid (as with most Raids) it scales horribly there is basicly no clear progression path that you can follow. Pair that with the pretty lame mechanics of stacking health, speed and tenacity that invalidates many toons there is not that much room for experiments. And even if you find some nice squads and you think your are ready for heroic, yu realise that might have to start all over again.

Now throw in poor rewards for lower tiers and you pretty much get where the frustration comes from.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Corvus wrote: »
    I really don't think gp has anything to do with it being fun or not. Even if you know what your doing to get a good run takes multiple retrys to get rng on your side. My GP is 2.6 and I'm in a guild that's over 125. Not everyone on here is at 65gp

ofcourse GP plays a role in how much fun the raid is. End game content isn't fun for beginning players, and vice versa.

Thats what the tiers are for, sure not everybody can and should directly jump to heroic that would be ****. The problem with this Raid (as with most Raids) it scales horribly there is basicly no clear progression path that you can follow. Pair that with the pretty lame mechanics of stacking health, speed and tenacity that invalidates many toons there is not that much room for experiments. And even if you find some nice squads and you think your are ready for heroic, yu realise that might have to start all over again.

Now throw in poor rewards for lower tiers and you pretty much get where the frustration comes from.

Point being, the guilds that are doing heroic are enjoying this raid a whole lot more than guilds doing t1-t5. Those guilds simply don't have the "tools" necessary to deal with the mechanics of the raid (yet), that alone makes for an "un-fun" experience. Wich is why i said end game content isn't fun for beginning players.
    Yes, there are lower tiers, but the mechanics are the same. Those lower tiers are obvioulsy there for the lower GP guilds to make the raid a bit less frustrating (not hitting the ticket cap), but the entire raid is still aimed at end game players.
    I'm sure this raid will become more fun over time. Untill then i would try to not get too frustrated and just leave it be for the time being. There are plenty of other ingame modes to focus on.
    I obviously get the frustration, but sometimes it's just better to accept this raid isn't for your (not yours specifically) guild (yet).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36436 posts Member
    Any raid that makes Magmaguard useful can't be all bad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Were having fun in heroic:) 150 mil guild
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Any raid that makes Magmaguard useful can't be all bad.

I completely agree. I like the fact it makes many teams useful. Its just the Nihilus parts are not fun and need to be toned down.
  • leef wrote: »

Point being, the guilds that are doing heroic are enjoying this raid a whole lot more than guilds doing t1-t5.

So much this. And for guilds that are able to farm HAAT but can't do T5 of the raid the rewards have to be downright insulting compared to the effort/time involved.

I get it. If you are in a mega-guild then the rewards are good and the raid is fun. If you are not in a mega-guild then the rewards are blah and the raid is a kill-joy.

That's how the whole game is though with rewards. One quick look at the structure for TB rewards is all you need to know that top guilds are way ahead of the rest of us and if you want to be a top player you better be in a top guild.

Or be like me and enjoy your guild and know that you won't be getting Wampa for a few years.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Thats what the tiers are for, sure not everybody can and should directly jump to heroic that would be ****. The problem with this Raid (as with most Raids) it scales horribly there is basicly no clear progression path that you can follow. Pair that with the pretty lame mechanics of stacking health, speed and tenacity that invalidates many toons there is not that much room for experiments. And even if you find some nice squads and you think your are ready for heroic, yu realise that might have to start all over again.

Point being, the guilds that are doing heroic are enjoying this raid a whole lot more than guilds doing t1-t5. Those guilds simply don't have the "tools" necessary to deal with the mechanics of the raid (yet), that alone makes for an "un-fun" experience. Wich is why i said end game content isn't fun for beginning players.
    Yes, there are lower tiers, but the mechanics are the same. Those lower tiers are obvioulsy there for the lower GP guilds to make the raid a bit less frustrating (not hitting the ticket cap), but the entire raid is still aimed at end game players.
    I'm sure this raid will become more fun over time. Untill then i would try to not get too frustrated and just leave it be for the time being. There are plenty of other ingame modes to focus on.
    I obviously get the frustration, but sometimes it's just better to accept this raid isn't for your (not yours specifically) guild (yet).

Have you really played the lower tiers? We are steadily doing tier 5 at a good pace while preparing for heroic. The issue you are ignoring is the reward/difficulty ratio is completely off. I enjoy playing the raid and getting acquinted with various mechanics/teams. That's why I play it. But almost half of the guild is only registering for which I can't fault them for. The rewards even for top 3 is completely worthless. Now this may have been suitable for lower tiers if their difficulty was way lower and suitable for tier 5-6 if the rewards for it was good. I guess you can't deny tier 6 takes way more effort than a heroic.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Have you really played the lower tiers? We are steadily doing tier 5 at a good pace while preparing for heroic. The issue you are ignoring is the reward/difficulty ratio is completely off. I enjoy playing the raid and getting acquinted with various mechanics/teams. That's why I play it. But almost half of the guild is only registering for which I can't fault them for. The rewards even for top 3 is completely worthless. Now this may have been suitable for lower tiers if their difficulty was way lower and suitable for tier 5-6 if the rewards for it was good. I guess you can't deny tier 6 takes way more effort than a heroic.

Rewards for the lower tiers being garbage fits perfectly with what i'm saying though, this raid is only meant for endgame guilds. I've only played t6 and heroic (failed) though and the rewards aren't that bad, but certainly not great either.
    That is not something i want or endorse, it's just an observation. All i'm saying is that because of that it's just easier and certainly less frustrating to not care about the sith raid for the time being. It's like you said, can't really fault members for only registering for the lower tiers.
    Or you could try to get ea/cg to change the raid, something could be said for trying that, i'm just offering a different/easier sollution. Mainly because i think it's futile and only leads to more frustration.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Rewards for the lower tiers being garbage fits perfectly with what i'm saying though, this raid is only meant for endgame guilds. I've only played t6 and heroic (failed) though and the rewards aren't that bad, but certainly not great either.
    That is not something i want or endorse, it's just an observation. All i'm saying is that because of that it's just easier and certainly less frustrating to not care about the sith raid for the time being. It's like you said, can't really fault members for only registering for the lower tiers.
    Or you could try to get ea/cg to change the raid, something could be said for trying that, i'm just offering a different/easier sollution. Mainly because i think it's futile and only leads to more frustration.

If all tiers are endgame content (forgetting what the requirements tell us and going with the logic) then why aren't rewards for all tiers targeted for end game players? They could have been in lower numbers, but still useful for endgame gearing. That's not the case. Either the difficulty or the reward system is off in this for all tiers but heroic.

edit: actually I'll be glad that about this disproportinate system once we get to do heroic. I'll be getting stronger each raid, while all the other lower tier suckers are moving at a snail pace hehe.
  • I personally don't mind t6 rewards.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I got third place out first time through tier 6, and the rewards were a complete joke. Made me never want to bother again.

Today, we’re going to finish heroic for the first time. That will be worth it. Anything other than heroic is just practice for heroic and shouldn’t be done with rewards in mind.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

If all tiers are endgame content (forgetting what the requirements tell us and going with the logic) then why aren't rewards for all tiers targeted for end game players? They could have been in lower numbers, but still useful for endgame gearing. That's not the case. Either the difficulty or the reward system is off in this for all tiers but heroic.

edit: actually I'll be glad that about this disproportinate system once we get to do heroic. I'll be getting stronger each raid, while all the other lower tier suckers are moving at a snail pace hehe.

The entire raid is aimed at endgame players, they only threw in t1-t5 to appease the masses, the masses who otherwise would have needed a month+ to clear t6/normal difficulty.
    Those tiers aren't rewarding and i don't think they're fun to play, but it's still better than t6/normal difficulty taking longer than a month for mediocre rewards or failing heroic time after time. Wich has worked to a certain extent, there isn't as much rage on the forum as with the initial normal AAT difficulty.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

The entire raid is aimed at endgame players, they only threw in t1-t5 to appease the masses, the masses who otherwise would have needed a month+ to clear t6/normal difficulty.
    Those tiers aren't rewarding and i don't think they're fun to play, but it's still better than t6/normal difficulty taking longer than a month for mediocre rewards or failing heroic time after time. Wich has worked to a certain extent, there isn't as much rage on the forum as with the initial normal AAT difficulty.

It’s a little funny, the way this raid is set up. It’s built around specific mechanics that can only be overcome by specific sets of toons. All other toons will suck.

So, lower tiers don’t help the weaker guilds because it’s not about strength of raid, but rather the fact that the mechanics exist.

Might be that this kind of raid would help weaker guilds by lessening the mechanics rather than by weakening the boss strength/health.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

It’s a little funny, the way this raid is set up. It’s built around specific mechanics that can only be overcome by specific sets of toons. All other toons will suck.

So, lower tiers don’t help the weaker guilds because it’s not about strength of raid, but rather the fact that the mechanics exist.

Might be that this kind of raid would help weaker guilds by lessening the mechanics rather than by weakening the boss strength/health.

exactly, but i don't see that happening.