Who would you replace in my FO squad?

Prev1
Stokat
828 posts Member
Right now I use the following set up: zKrum (L), zFOTP, zylo, SFTP and FOO. Replacing Krum is not an option but I am thinking of replacing one of the others and bring in FOST (and possibly at a later stage FOE).

Would you remove anyone in the team and if so, who and why?

Replies

• In my honest opinion? Either one of the pilots, FOTP hits the hardest out of all FO toons as well as inflict useful debuffs but SFTP gives valuable speed up, aoe debuffs enemy and stuns, FOO is too good to kick out and Kylo is tanky as well as heavy hitting.
  • Replace SFTP, will increase the durability of ur team by dual tank. And give him the zeta :grimace:
  • I would take out zFOTP. He’s the hardest hitter but FOST is a really good toon who keeps your team buffed and under the KRU lead, gives your team lots of health and protection back. As said above, FOSFTP is very useful with his stuns and speed up to your entire team.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Thanks for the feedback all. Each of the toons are great in their own way which obviously is a big reason for my indecisiveness.

FOTP is the main damage dealer doing incredible damage but don’t bring anything else to the table. What I really like with SFTP is that he can call in another ally to assist (like FOTP) who will stun target and gain advantage. His AOE gives allies speed up and can inflict defense down but on the other hand don’t do great damage. zKylo has similar advantages with his lash out (which gives tm instead of speed up) and can stun with his outrage but last longer in a fight since he is tankier. FOO is hard to replace.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Definitely replace fosftp with fost. He’s a requirement for the squad. Fotp and foe are interchangeable depending on what you’re using the squad for; however, kru, foo, fotp, and fost are requirements. I use fo for my arena shard and have done extensive research and testing. I get first/second every day, though my shard is a late November shard. Still, it can beat zpalp teams.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Definitely replace fosftp with fost. He’s a requirement for the squad. Fotp and foe are interchangeable depending on what you’re using the squad for; however, kru, foo, fotp, and fost are requirements. I use fo for my arena shard and have done extensive research and testing. I get first/second every day, though my shard is a late November shard. Still, it can beat zpalp teams.

Will probably do that, thanks! Beaides I could still use SFTP for his ships even if Inremove him from the squad so the gear invested is not necessarily wasted.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Has anyone tested FOE yet and if so, how would you rank him among the FO toons? Seems like a good kit but might be more suitable for raids than arena?
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Has anyone tested FOE yet and if so, how would you rank him among the FO toons? Seems like a good kit but might be more suitable for raids than arena?

FOE is a toon that gets stronger the longer the fight goes, i tested him a little bit in TB and i gotta say he has impressed me even at only 4 stars, he seems to be on par with FOTP, hits quite hard but doesnt have the debuffs, instead he is designed to slow down the enemy like FOO, i dont know how he will do in the arena but in the raid i think he is the key to create a good solo team, you would have 2 tmr toons, KRU to deliver tenacity down, FOST for speed down (better than Phasma because you have to wait for cooldown) and Kylo to give 25% or even 50% tm to those with Advantage, maybe this isnt enough to take out the Rancor on their own but they will most definitely be more effective than with either of the pilots, so to summarize:

Pit: Extremely useful and most likely the final key piece to FO solo team
    AAT: Will be able to demolish the last 3 phases but dont know vs Grievous
    Triumvirate: Maybe good to kill the underlings but i belive the pilots are better here
    Arena: Difficult to say, dispell will be very useful thats for sure especially along with FOST and KRU, time will tell.

Also for mods i dont know whats better for him, Offense mods or Health mods, he gets stronger the more health he has so maybe both are good? I dont know enough to be entirely sure on this one.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »

Ditto the recommendations to replace FOSFTP. FOTP does the majority of the damage in this squad. While the SF version has some useful skills, you already have stuns from both KRU and Kylo. You don’t really need more speed because once this team gets rolling, it’s all about turn meter. Speed up isn’t going to make a huge difference. Replacing FOSFTP with FOST will help keep FOTP alive. His taunt can’t be prevented by shock or buff immunity because it dispels before applying the taunt. His basic clears buffs from the enemy if he has advantage, and he counters, so he gets to use that basic a lot. His taunt also gives TM to the entire squad just like Kylo’s Lash Out. You really want to feed TM to FOTP for those massive crits. Some people may consider this squad fifth tier or whatever, but it really can compete if you use it well.

FOE replaces FOTP if you are going to use him. With him in the lineup, Rancor solo is possible, or so I am told. I still think FOTP is better for arena and shorter encounters.
  • KRUM, PHASMA, KYLO, FOE, AND SFTFP
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Soon we will be able to have 2 full FO squads when we get Pratorian Hux and Snoke. Will have an extra .5 left over for another squad too. ;)
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Soon we will be able to have 2 full FO squads when we get Pratorian Hux and Snoke. Will have an extra .5 left over for another squad too. ;)

There are a lot of potential FO to add, Hux, Snoke, Praetor Guard, Flametrooper, Riot Trooper (this one is already in the game but only as a enemy unfortunantly) BB-9E and probably more
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Ditto the recommendations to replace FOSFTP. FOTP does the majority of the damage in this squad. While the SF version has some useful skills, you already have stuns from both KRU and Kylo. You don’t really need more speed because once this team gets rolling, it’s all about turn meter. Speed up isn’t going to make a huge difference. Replacing FOSFTP with FOST will help keep FOTP alive. His taunt can’t be prevented by shock or buff immunity because it dispels before applying the taunt. His basic clears buffs from the enemy if he has advantage, and he counters, so he gets to use that basic a lot. His taunt also gives TM to the entire squad just like Kylo’s Lash Out. You really want to feed TM to FOTP for those massive crits. Some people may consider this squad fifth tier or whatever, but it really can compete if you use it well.

FOE replaces FOTP if you are going to use him. With him in the lineup, Rancor solo is possible, or so I am told. I still think FOTP is better for arena and shorter encounters.

Thanks! Replacing the SFFO it is, will start gearing FOST after In(eventually) finish gearing BB8:)
  • Hope you have carbantis lol. He’s actually super super good though. His zeta is actually useful. His taunt is amazing because it’s on a short cooldown, it dispels all debuffs on himself, and it gives all other fo 25% tm. His basic is quite nice too. Not only does it slow, but if he has advantage, which he often does from kru getting hit or you can cast marching orders on him, his basic will dispel buffs.
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    VonZant wrote: »

**** is Pratorian Hux?

Oh wait, punctuation is non-existent. I get it now.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Hope you have carbantis lol. He’s actually super super good though. His zeta is actually useful. His taunt is amazing because it’s on a short cooldown, it dispels all debuffs on himself, and it gives all other fo 25% tm. His basic is quite nice too. Not only does it slow, but if he has advantage, which he often does from kru getting hit or you can cast marching orders on him, his basic will dispel buffs.

Ha ha who the fudge has carbantis? I probably have like 10-11 toons that don’t need them anymore, the other 127 all need them badly;)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    AtlasMKx wrote: »

**** is Pratorian Hux?

My new years resolution is to do away with punctuation and grammar and spelling all together to keep people guessing that is what you are talking about my righting write
    Hope you have carbantis lol. He’s actually super super good though. His zeta is actually useful. His taunt is amazing because it’s on a short cooldown, it dispels all debuffs on himself, and it gives all other fo 25% tm. His basic is quite nice too. Not only does it slow, but if he has advantage, which he often does from kru getting hit or you can cast marching orders on him, his basic will dispel buffs.

Ha ha who the fudge has carbantis? I probably have like 10-11 toons that don’t need them anymore, the other 127 all need them badly;)

He needs four carbantis just to get from gear 9 to gear 10, one of them in a stun gun and another in a MK5 thermal detonator. Brutal.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    AtlasMKx wrote: »

**** is Pratorian Hux?

My new years resolution is to do away with punctuation and grammar and spelling all together to keep people guessing that is what you are talking about my righting write

Lol
    I wasn't trying to be a grammar cop or anything so sorry about that. Anyways, I'm surprised we still don't have Hux after two movies. I liked him a lot I would really like to use him hopefully in place of FOO. Be great if he also came with the Finalizer but ships have started to feel abandoned though.
  • Holy crap there are some interesting answers in this thread.

Very interesting.

There are two FO teams that are proven to be good in late-game arena. They are:

KRU (L), FOST, FOO, FOSF, FOX

-or-

KRU(L), FOST, FOO, Kylo, FOX

I have yet to see anyone survive old-server high end arena without using one of those two teams when running pure FO. Some use Thrawn in the team as well, but I find that you don't really need him. If you are talking DS TB then the team makeup isn't as important.

FOX should be farmable in the next 2-3 weeks, so don't dismiss him. He 100% replaces FOTP.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Holy **** there are some interesting answers in this thread.

Very interesting.

-or-

I have yet to see anyone survive old-server high end arena without using one of those two teams when running pure FO. Some use Thrawn in the team as well, but I find that you don't really need him. If you are talking DS TB then the team makeup isn't as important.

FOX should be farmable in the next 2-3 weeks, so don't dismiss him. He 100% replaces FOTP.

He can replace yes but FOTP is still useful in some situations, Buff Immunity is a precious status effect thats hard to pass on
  • I haven’t seen an in-depth breakdown comparing FOTP and FO Executioner in arena, but my inclination is that FOTP would be better in shorter encounters like arena while FO Executioner would outclass him in longer encounters, particularly raids, where his TM bonuses and stacking damage would really pay off. He may also be better in arena, but FOTP’s damage is tough to beat.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Minowara wrote: »

Very interesting.

-or-

I’m not sure what you refer to when you say that it has been proven to be good in late game arena.
    I’m in an older shard (nov-dec 2015 don’t remember exactly) and I have yet to see anyone in top 50 or even top 100 using FO in my arena, regardless of squad comp. I have a lot of whales in my shard so don’t think FOE not being farmable yet is a major issue for them, but maybe we will see more ppl use him and FO when he becomes available for the larger community. I will certainly farm him, though gearing him to lv 12 is another issue entirely;)
  • Replace SFTP
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    I haven’t seen an in-depth breakdown comparing FOTP and FO Executioner in arena, but my inclination is that FOTP would be better in shorter encounters like arena while FO Executioner would outclass him in longer encounters, particularly raids, where his TM bonuses and stacking damage would really pay off. He may also be better in arena, but FOTP’s damage is tough to beat.

FOX is much better in arena.

Very interesting.

-or-

I’m not sure what you refer to when you say that it has been proven to be good in late game arena.
    I’m in an older shard (nov-dec 2015 don’t remember exactly) and I have yet to see anyone in top 50 or even top 100 using FO in my arena, regardless of squad comp. I have a lot of whales in my shard so don’t think FOE not being farmable yet is a major issue for them, but maybe we will see more ppl use him and FO when he becomes available for the larger community. I will certainly farm him, though gearing him to lv 12 is another issue entirely;)

Stokat it's not common but we exist. There are a number of us on November 2015-January 2016 shards that are running FO and placing first. There isn't a team we can't beat on offense.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member

[/quote] Stokat it's not common but we exist. There are a number of us on November 2015-January 2016 shards that are running FO and placing first. There isn't a team we can't beat on offense.[/quote]

Great stuff, I really want them to be arena-viable so happy to see that ppl are having success with them!
    Working on gearing my FOST to 12 now then I will try them out again (last time I tried with my current set up it was a crash and burn experience, droppen 100 spots overnight so had to go back to my boring LS squad). Will also be farming FOE when he is farmable, but gearing him will be another project.

• SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    I haven’t seen an in-depth breakdown comparing FOTP and FO Executioner in arena, but my inclination is that FOTP would be better in shorter encounters like arena while FO Executioner would outclass him in longer encounters, particularly raids, where his TM bonuses and stacking damage would really pay off. He may also be better in arena, but FOTP’s damage is tough to beat.

FOX is much better in arena.

Thanks for the “in-depth breakdown.”
  • Foe has tm removal, team tm gain, and dispel. He’s also tankier than fotp. He’s especially good against two tank teams I would think. I haven’t tried him yet but I play fo in arena so I’m pretty familiar with the strategy. The one thing fotp has going for him is buff immunity which is really good on characters like sion. Foe is better in pve though. Fo team with him can solo rancor with the tm removal of both him and foo
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Foe has tm removal, team tm gain, and dispel. He’s also tankier than fotp. He’s especially good against two tank teams I would think. I haven’t tried him yet but I play fo in arena so I’m pretty familiar with the strategy. The one thing fotp has going for him is buff immunity which is really good on characters like sion. Foe is better in pve though. Fo team with him can solo rancor with the tm removal of both him and foo

I’m just curious how FOE’s damage compares to FOTP in arena. You could even throw FOSFTP in there and make it a threesome.