Would appreciate some help on which LS ship for the tier IV Mace challenge.

hermanbloom
41 posts Member
edited March 2018
Hi guys, can't see a Fleet sub section so hope this is OK to put here?

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/ships/

I got Phantom 2 to 4 star earlier (don't think the link has updated yet) to join Biggs, Ghost and Mace as 4 star ships.

For the Mace Tier IV challange I need another LS ship. I have been concentrating on DS ships for Tarkin and kinda have that side covered now (farming them up but have enough at 4 star now for the next challenge).

I am at a bit of a loss for this LS ship I need though. My roster, Phoenix aside, is primarily DS so I don't have the crew for the Cassian ship etc. Is there a quick way (Consular?) to get a ship up to 4 star that I then just leave? Or should I be getting Wedge/Cassian crew/something else with the idea that this is a ship I would use in the future (rather than just getting it to unock a challenge and then never using it again).

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    @hermanbloom , no problem! Moved it to Character Strategy, where we usually filter fleet-related subjects as “general arena” too. I know you’re asking about the Fleet Mastery event though, which doesn’t have it’s own subforum (Yet. Maybe. We’ll see.)

The event for me was very RNG-reliant.

I used,
    Main 5 ships:
    5’s
    Falcon
    Jedi consular
    Ghost
    Phantom II

Reinforcements:
    Biggs
    Wedge
    Cassian
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • hermanbloom
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ok thanks. I keep seeing 5s mentioned but don't have the toon or ship unlocked. Maybe that is the route I should take?
  • Options
    You will eventually need at least 5 rebel ships (Ghost+Phantom and 3 of: Wedge, Cassian, Bistan, Biggs) to unlock Chimaera so that's another route to look at. That way you avoid farming ships for a single purpose
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Ah, so Fives doesn't work for that then. Hmmm. Bistan is in Cantina Store, along with Fives, and I'm not actively farming anyone from there now Chopper, Bobba and FOO are maxed. So maybe Bistan is the way to go (and then figure out who of Wedge and Cassian make the 5th for Chimera).
  • Options
    For Chimaera, your best option is Biggs, Wedge, Ghost, Phantom, and Bistan. Cassian's ship is a lot easier to farm (cantina at 5/per) than Bistan's however, and it's plenty good enough to get you to 7* Chimaera when the others are doing the heavy lifting.

With Mace, his best synergy is with Republic ships and target lockers. Rex, Fives, Consular, and Sergeant have good survivability, and Ahsoka is nice when hiding behind a taunt. Biggs is a must-have ship even with DS meta, so get him leveled up. Rex & Sergeant have target lock, along with Biggs. Not as reliable as some of the DS ships, but still very useful with Mace.

In fleet arena, I run Chimaera with mainly DS ships, but Biggs and Fives are still in my starting lineup (my reaper isn't arena-ready yet, so Fives is his stand-in.) I also have Rex in my reinforcements as a late match tank/healer that can also target lock. Fives' buff removal against target locked enemies is great against Biggs' taunt and retribution, and his AOE against target locked enemies can do a lot of damage with all those locks out there. It's also helpful for going around taunt (target lock a high priority target and then Biggs, and now you have the option to either AOE to hit the high priority target around the taunt, or use his basic to dispel the taunt. You can also TL as many opponents as possible before Biggs' taunt goes up, and then AOE to do big damage all around.)
  • Options
    Man, that is a lot of toons, and a lot of ships!

Either way it looks like Cassian (no toons unlocked yet, but easier ship farm) and Bistan (toons almost unlocked, but harder ship farm) are going to be tricky for me, so I guess I go with Bistan. The other ships will just have to wait, as I won't have the resources to level the ships/pilots even if I did unlock them. Only so much currency and mats to go around!