Content Update [HF] [TW Changes] 3/28

Prev1
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited March 2018
Hey Holotable Heroes!

Below are the updates in today’s hotfix, 3/28/2018.

TERRITORY WARS

In a recent update, we made a change to Territory Wars in which high powered guilds could use an increased amount of defensive squads.

After reviewing player feedback, this change has not benefited the players as it was intended. We are reverting the Territory War defensive squad logic to the original behavior, where the number of defensive squads on a territory is based exclusively on the lower number of participants between the two guilds.
The maximum number of squads on a territory for all guilds is 25.

DAILY LOGIN CALENDAR

In addition, we have reworked of the contents of the Daily Login Calendar to include more valuable incentives such as omegas and zetas!
Contents of the new Daily Login Calendar can be found here:
Dev Blog - Daily Login Changes - 3/28/18

FIXES
  • [Raid] In the Sith Triumvirate Raid, Unbreakable Will no longer counts as a debuff.

See you on the Holotable!

CG_Leviathan

3/29/18 9:55am - Edited to include maximum number of squads for Territory War.
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    No Thrawn? And Chimera? Haha shoot
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    No Thrawn? And Chimera? Haha shoot
    It literally says at the top of the april event calendar, This calendar does not include legendary/mythic events.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    I'm waiting for them both, too, but the bigger picture here seems priority.

Excellent plant changes and look forward to reading the increased communication.

Great work, devs! :smiley:

PS: OP has a point, lol! Where's the blue dude events? :blush:
  • thanks for the zetas! a good step in the right direction!
    thanks for the good will!
  • hope the next step is a raid reward evaluation, than the game could be more interesting again.
  • So will this be reverting back to 25 squads per territory? These things always worded so can interpret them into space
  • BuckeyeATW wrote: »
    So will this be reverting back to 25 squads per territory? These things always worded so can interpret them into space

Yes, assume both guilds have full participation
  • Well in thay case it should be easy for both sides to clear the board.

Now its all about efficiency on offence
  • WHERE. IS. MY. WICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BuckeyeATW wrote: »
    So will this be reverting back to 25 squads per territory? These things always worded so can interpret them into space

25 will now be the maximum number of squads on a territory for all guilds.
    The number will scale based on participants, but not exceed 25.
  • Thank you for this. 35 teams was just insane.
  • RuFiOHHHHH
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So the 35 defenses was the only thing that made your adjustments to TW scoring workable. It made it so there was still a purpose to the 140 characters you have in the game instead of just the same 5-10 meta teams we use in arena and the raids. When you restrict it to 25 per zone for top end guilds that means that the top 4 meta teams will be mandatory and predictable for defense and each will have to be attacked only with the best counter. Any other team or character below g11/12 will just hurt your guild's banners. Have you guys even thought about how this will affect user experience?

I have 140 characters unlocked (as does almost everyone in top guilds) and based on our current scoring we are currently disincentivized from using 100 of them. Each player has to field (on average) 4 teams and if you use more than 4 teams on offense you are hurting your guild. So, the one game mode where we used to be able to mess around with all 140 characters if we wanted already got reduced from your "tie breaker" change and now we are capped at 40. Why don't you want us to star, level, gear and enjoy all the characters you develop? I used to be able to even use CUP and ugnaught in TW. Now nobody worse than Phoenix and FO will be useful.
    I can deal with spending my almost-daily 15 minutes auto-farming rancor, Squad Arena being a chore to juggle getting everyone into assigned positions every day and even new content like the Sith Raid going from a challenge to pure farming right off the bat (we've beaten heroic 6 times already) because there's no escalating reward structure once you beat raids. It's all been worth it because TW was the end game content where the entirety of our roster could be used creatively and competitively and most of our guild would watch close wars like they are the super bowl.

Turning this mode into a cookie cutter where some combination of JTR/CLS/Palpatine/Thrawn/FO/Phoenix/GKZarriss/Nightsisters are used for offense and defense by almost every player in almost every top guild would be so tired that it sounds like its probably time to move on.

I was just telling friends today that as much as I love Marvel I wouldn't play MSF because it doesn't have territory wars which is far and away the most fun part of the game for those of us who have been around since opening. Now territory wars are going to be more predictable and boring. Guess I might as well give MSF a try.

Post edited by RuFiOHHHHH on
  • RuFiOHHHHH
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I have 140 characters unlocked (as does almost everyone in top guilds) and based on our current scoring we are currently disincentivized from using 100 of them. Each player has to field (on average) 4 teams and if you use more than 4 teams on offense you are hurting your guild. So, the one game mode where we used to be able to mess around with all 140 characters if we wanted already got reduced from your "tie breaker" change and now we are capped at 40. Why don't you want us to star, level, gear and enjoy all the characters you develop? I used to be able to even use CUP and ugnaught in TW. Now nobody worse than Phoenix and FO will be useful.

I can deal with spending my almost-daily 15 minutes auto-farming rancor, Squad Arena being a chore to juggle getting everyone into assigned positions every day and even new content like the Sith Raid going from a challenge to pure farming right off the bat (we've beaten heroic 6 times already) because there's no escalating reward structure once you beat raids. It's all been worth it because TW was the end game content where the entirety of our roster could be used creatively and competitively and most of our guild would watch close wars like they are the super bowl.

Turning this mode into a cookie cutter where some combination of JTR/CLS/Palpatine/Thrawn/FO/Phoenix/GKZarriss/Nightsisters are used for offense and defense by almost every player in almost every top guild would be so tired that it sounds like its probably time to move on.
  • ^^^^So much this. At 140 gp, 35 was a little steep but workable. Why couldn't you do 35 for the top guilds and scale it down. Say 30 teams up to 150 and back down to 25 around 120 mill?
  • SARC
    134 posts Member
    LOVE the change back to 25!
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    ^^^^So much this. At 140 gp, 35 was a little steep but workable. Why couldn't you do 35 for the top guilds and scale it down. Say 30 teams up to 150 and back down to 25 around 120 mill?

That would have probably been ideal. But it seems they don't want to use gp in the match making calculation
  • scuba wrote: »
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    ^^^^So much this. At 140 gp, 35 was a little steep but workable. Why couldn't you do 35 for the top guilds and scale it down. Say 30 teams up to 150 and back down to 25 around 120 mill?

That would have probably been ideal. But it seems they don't want to use gp in the match making calculation

That's the issue. if your only considering the top of peoples rosters then pretty much everyone above 2.x million GP looks the same since they all have EP, CLS, JTR, etc, etc.

I think they should have waited for more data on this, it's only been, what 2 TW's since they fixed matchmaking?(that totally needed fixing). That's not really enough data honestly.

Just putting a GP requirement for the higher defence values would fix it.

IMHO, TW is much more fun and interesting when you win by clearing more of your opponents defense than they did, rather than just by being more "efficient"(esp since a large part of efficient is RNG).

I think people got used to full clears and the complained when they couldn't anymore without realizing it was actually a good thing since their opponent couldn't clear them either.

This situation reminds me of the initial TW release when a took a while for the player base to realize that full def was the way to go. I think people would have adapted to 30 & 35 teams. The problem was the matchmaking bug overwrote the adaption period. Possibly some was need to restrict the higher requirements to higher GP guilds, but in general, it was a positive change that supported a wider variety of strategies and made it much more interesting.

@CG_Leviathan I hope they reconsider this one esp given that's only a few TW of data.

iN Spectre
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Nice!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I liked TW at 35. Please put it back!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Thank you for putting it back to 25, at least for guilds of my size, 135million GP!
  • Thanks for listening and going back to 25.
    At least now we have a chance to fight properly.
  • Please no more territory wars PLEASE. They require too much coordination and are not enjoyable.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    MDTODDY wrote: »
    Please no more territory wars PLEASE. They require too much coordination and are not enjoyable.

this. tw is the worst
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If you don't like territory wars then don't play it. You can even enter, not play, and still get rewards.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_Leviathan pls don't reduce the number of defense teams. The TW was fun with more defense teams. With 25 teams in an area you will only face meta teams, but the fun was to fight with a non meta team against a non meta team. Now you destroy this and TW will be boring again!

Everytime you change something I am asking me who is the guy you are asking if this game is fun or not?

In a guild with 135M GP
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • HanSolo141 wrote: »
    Tw is not fun. It had to be said

You, sir, have hit the womp rat.
  • I’d much rather get rid of the new scoring system and go back to 35 defensive teams. The more teams we have to use on defense the deeper into our roster we have to dig, which is always good.
  • T_Servo wrote: »
    If you don't like territory wars then don't play it. You can even enter, not play, and still get rewards.
    I’m in a great guild that works great as a team. If I want to help the team out then I feel obliged to join and participate in territory wars, it’s the least I can do for the members who put in all the organisational work. Not joining TW means I am not helping, joining TW and not participating is even worse and is in fact damaging to the guild’s performance.
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    Very nice changes- just a thought but will there be any composition for players who have spent years logging in daily without any substantial rewards? As in since zetas have been released people who have played everyday have lost out on about 22 zeta matts if this system was implemented earlier. Just a thought