Vader's Force Crush being countered?

VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited March 2018
I run EP Vader Sion Shore and Blue. When I open with force crush I often see Raid Han and CLS counter and wreck my Shore. Can someone else test for me or explain what I am missing? I think it may be bugged.

EDIT: This appears to happen only with a pretaunt up like Shoretrooper.

Edit: and someone tell me how to change my avatar? I cant find it and my angryface makes me feel bad. ;)
Post edited by VonZant on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Are you sure they are not just attacking?

Luke gains TM from the attack and then han gains tm from Luke landing debuffs.

I have not found a way to change it on mobile, i go to the full site and then profile and click the image to change.
  • i never saw force crush beeing countered myself since EP,DV rework doesn't matter are chars debuffed or not ( just love my rex against those teams)
  • Dracarys78 wrote: »
    i never saw force crush beeing countered myself since EP,DV rework doesn't matter are chars debuffed or not ( just love my rex against those teams)

I agree. I run Phoenix, so if ANYONE was going to counter force crush, I would have seen it. Masked Kylo is a frequent recipient of group hugs. Never seen Vader trigger a single counter with Force Crush.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Are you sure they are not just attacking?

Luke gains TM from the attack and then han gains tm from Luke landing debuffs.

I have not found a way to change it on mobile, i go to the full site and then profile and click the image to change.

Ditto this. When an enemy character gets full TM because you landed a debuff or a crit that triggered one of their abilities, it can often look like the resulting attack is a counter when it is, in fact, just that enemy character taking their turn because they hit full TM. This is especially the case when you play at faster speed like 4x.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ill slow it down tomorrow but I dont think it is an attack because CLS would lead with his sweep and its a basic. It also comes between Vaders crush and his saber throw.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Ill slow it down tomorrow but I dont think it is an attack because CLS would lead with his sweep and its a basic. It also comes between Vaders crush and his saber throw.

Vader's Saber Throw doesn't ALWAYS immediately follow Force Crush.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • VonZant wrote: »

Vader's Saber Throw doesn't ALWAYS immediately follow Force Crush.

Yea it's RNG. Ex if u face rex team, ur force crush get crit hit a lot n boost rex team TM, there's a chance enemy cut ur turn.
  • I think someone posted a bug about this, if there’s a pre taunt then the attack gets countered, but I may be wrong
  • Banj0
    17 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I run EP Vader Sion Shore and Blue. When I open with force crush I often see Raid Han and CLS counter and wreck my Shore. Can someone else test for me or explain what I am missing? I think it may be bugged.

Edit: and someone tell me how to change my avatar? I cant find it and my angryface makes me feel bad. ;)

Do they attack at the same time like a typical counter or do they each take their own turns?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    I think someone posted a bug about this, if there’s a pre taunt then the attack gets countered, but I may be wrong

Yes I think that is it. Vader doesnt get countered by himself but when shore has his pre-taunt up they do counter.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Banj0 wrote: »

Do they attack at the same time like a typical counter or do they each take their own turns?

Same time. See my post above. 99% sure its a bug.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Did he attack your pretaunt and remove the pretaunt?
    CLS gains 10% tm for every rebel that takes damage so i know there was at least 2 Han and cls so that was at least 20% tm gain which could have pushed cls to 100% and rng said he went next.
    With a pretaunt cls would have used his dispel which inflicts 2 resistable debuffs and if he was lead and the TM and the buff immunity were resisted Han would gain 10% tm which again could be enough to push him to 100%.

I use Ewoks with Han all the time vs Vader and Ewoks normally have retribution by the time Vader gets to use force crush and I have never seen them counter attack him.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    No Im 99% sure it is a counter as he and Han go at the exact same time, and if was CLS turn he will always open with his Sweep against a tank to remove the taunt. Instead it is CLS basic.

On a slightly related issue, I think if Shore has his taunt up and an enemy with pain counters, there is a chance that the counter will go to Shores taunt and not Sion, which would also be bugged.

It might also happen against Sith Troopers pre-taunt but I dont have him geared. Id love if others would keep an eye out for it. I dont mind testing it but Arena refreshes cost crystals. ;)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Sion only has taunt during an enemy turn. So when it's his turn and he gets countered, he won't get hit if another tank is taunting

one of the few downsides between running multiple tanks.

Like others said, the whole force crush being countered is probably not happening. I would get some video evidence and then it'd be rather hard to dispute
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No Im 99% sure it is a counter as he and Han go at the exact same time, and if was CLS turn he will always open with his Sweep against a tank to remove the taunt. Instead it is CLS basic.

On a slightly related issue, I think if Shore has his taunt up and an enemy with pain counters, there is a chance that the counter will go to Shores taunt and not Sion, which would also be bugged.

It might also happen against Sith Troopers pre-taunt but I dont have him geared. Id love if others would keep an eye out for it. I dont mind testing it but Arena refreshes cost crystals. ;)

Why would that be bugged? Taunts intercept counter attacks. Sion only taunts during the turn of an enemy that has pain.
    At the start of each enemy's turn, if they have Pain, Sion gains Taunt until the end of the turn

If it is a counter attack it is the turn of an ally of sion and sion won't be taunting so all counter attacks should go to a taunting shore trooper. Also if there are multiple taunts it is rng which taunter the counter attack goes to.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Is it even possible to record on phone? I dont use PC.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »
    Sion only has taunt during an enemy turn. So when it's his turn and he gets countered, he won't get hit if another tank is taunting

one of the few downsides between running multiple tanks.

Like others said, the whole force crush being countered is probably not happening. I would get some video evidence and then it'd be rather hard to dispute

This about Sion makes sense. Thank you. I still think the force crush is a bug but am willing to keep an open mind. Its possible for CLS to gain TM on an enemy turn but he should still use his sweep. I dont think it is possible for Han, so he should not counter.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Is it even possible to record on phone? I dont use PC.

Yes it's very easy. Lots of apps in app store (at least for android), such as DU recorder.
  • If your IOS is up to date there’s a built in recorder you can enable now.