ship ability materials change?

is this no longer giving out zetas? maybe the % changed? 0 in my last 4 attempts. never had that kind of back luck before.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nothing changed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nothing changed.

This ^^^

And consider yourself lucky OP
  • LolololololololoL welcome to the club, it's nothing, you'll get used to it. The drop rates have always been bad, I've went on 2 week streaks before without a single one and yes it feels awful, it's frustrating and it's unfair but that's what you must deal with.

They make it so that you have to spend your fleet tokens for it. It keeps the whales and they older accounts who have maxed their ships and fleet characters from getting too buffed up.

I think it's a bad system that needs fixing but that's just me
  • thanks, just thought it was odd.
  • One of my guildmates is on and 0/18 challenge day run right now. It happens just keep simming your luck will turn.
  • What is the likelihood (odds) of getting a zeta? I have gotten 1 in my last 12 attempts which is garbage. I know you don't want to hand them out like candy, but this is crazy.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    We don't really know the actual odds. I was getting about 1 full zeta every 3 weeks to a month from challenges before I started buying them from fleet store.
  • Everybody only knows their own history. The day I first unlocked, my payoff was 2/1. So I got three zeta mats the first day. I calculated how long until I had 20, and thought not too bad. Then the next 4 events (8 battles) I got 1. Lost track after that, because keeping track isn't going to change the fact that they are streaky.

For me the hard part is sticking to my plan. When I had zero zeta mats, I was sure who was getting the first one when I had enough. When I got #20, I had changed my mind, and it went somewhere else. I've got a full set ready to go today, and I'm second guessing where to use it.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    I used to get at least two per week last week there including today I’ve had zero I just buy them with fleet currency now, the drop rate does seem to have worsened since the QoL update and zetas were added to the daily logins
  • I have been keeping track for about 50 challenge days and have gotten 52. So about 1 in a single challenge day. Keeping track reduces chance of a bias. I'd suggest that.
  • It absolutely has changed and resulted in terrible drop rates. I have not gotten a Zeta from the Ship Material Challenge in weeks. Heck, I’m not even getting omegas anymore, and only 1-2 purple mats.

If the goal is to move zetas to somewhere else, just do it please. If not just put it back to how it was.
  • Smidday is absolutely right... It all changed with the latest QoL update. So basically, instead of improving things, the game is even more grindy and less fun. Huzzah!