Dev Blog - Community Improvements - 3/29/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• I did not receive the free Gift in game.can You Help me please?
  • I can be bought by a carbanti. Seriously.

Not me. But 50 full carbantis..... lol
  • After filling out a ticket they advised to delete and reinstall the app. All 3 dev posts popped up again, and about 1 hour later all 3 gift pop ups showed up. Turns out I didn’t get any of them, but got them all now. Hope this helps someone else.
  • Thank You for help
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    With regards to the Beta program, how are you going to prevent the abuse of the system I.e. Someone creates multiple accounts to get selected and takes away the opportunities from actual players?
    I’ve already witnessed at least 1 individual creating multiple Forum accounts to circumvent the banning of his original Forum Account.

Could this be the man, the myth, the legend, the @B0untryHR7
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    With regards to the Beta program, how are you going to prevent the abuse of the system I.e. Someone creates multiple accounts to get selected and takes away the opportunities from actual players?
    I’ve already witnessed at least 1 individual creating multiple Forum accounts to circumvent the banning of his original Forum Account.

Could this be the man, the myth, the legend, the @B0untryHR7

Possibly a certain B0untry Malbus.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    I don't want to start a riot (or a new career) by hand granting everyone who missed one, so I'd love it if you can wait until the gifts are done and then file a ticket for all the ones you missed (several methods to contact @ help.ea.com). If you don't want to wait, go ahead and do it now, it just saves our CS team time to get them at once. I sent a note to them to let them know that we intend to batch fix the missing items.
    Meanwhile, with your accounts we can look and see what is causing the rewards to be missed. They're different enough with different criteria that we should be able to cover whatever these anomalies are causing them.

Thanks for the help debugging!
    -Carrie

Thank you, Carrie. I will wait to submit a ticket. In response to your question, yes I did receive the previous in game pops prior to the carabnti gift, although I didn’t receive a message today either and I believe one was forthcoming. Since you have been so willing to collect feedback (and communicate back w/ the community!), please consider eliminating pop ups entirely and direct all messages, updates, rewards, etc., to the in-game inbox. Given laws regarding in-game advertisements, the fact that underage accounts cannot be changed, and that most players are in fact of age, the current system unfairly punishes holders of those accounts. Once again, thank you for the transparency and support.

• Oh I definitely got me the Carbanti, even as a day 1 ish player, I still need roughly a bajillion more - but don't ever look the Carbanti horse in the mouth when it arrives.
    Arigatou
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • One of the issues I found with this game is regarding the Guild Store and Jyn Erso shards as in they rarely appear in the Guild Store at all. Before Starck was added into the game she was frequently available for purchasing, but now she rarely appears at all. So I would like to request that she appear as an alternative slot to Starck in the game.
    I don't want to start a riot (or a new career) by hand granting everyone who missed one, so I'd love it if you can wait until the gifts are done and then file a ticket for all the ones you missed (several methods to contact @ help.ea.com). If you don't want to wait, go ahead and do it now, it just saves our CS team time to get them at once. I sent a note to them to let them know that we intend to batch fix the missing items.
    Meanwhile, with your accounts we can look and see what is causing the rewards to be missed. They're different enough with different criteria that we should be able to cover whatever these anomalies are causing them.

-Carrie

Thank you, Carrie. I will wait to submit a ticket. In response to your question, yes I did receive the previous in game pops prior to the carabnti gift, although I didn’t receive a message today either and I believe one was forthcoming. Since you have been so willing to collect feedback (and communicate back w/ the community!), please consider eliminating pop ups entirely and direct all messages, updates, rewards, etc., to the in-game inbox. Given laws regarding in-game advertisements, the fact that underage accounts cannot be changed, and that most players are in fact of age, the current system unfairly punishes holders of those accounts. Once again, thank you for the transparency and support.

@CG_Carrie making sure she gets a direct reference. Although I disagree with your request. The popup was intended to direct players to read and join the discussions. Otherwise 80% of daily players would be "yay thanks for the carbanti" and never even check the reason they got it.
  • @CG_Carrie I have not received any of the gifts and am over 18. In game I am DT. I filled out a ticket before and EA did not respond.
  • Best news to date...
  • This is my first post in the forums so please forgive me if I’m doing something wrong but I wanted to ask Yeggiemister about something they said in their comment. I’ve quoted it and I’m going to attempt to Bold the part I’m asking about and ask my question after the quote whether or not I am able to Bold the part I need help with. I hope that this is okay.
    Knowing which characters are needed or need work on would be a vast improvement! As for the monthly shard rewards it works out even if I have the character ; shard shop points ! But mixing it up would be nice ! Also inform all players to save game play to their respective systems ! I was playing on iPhone -iPad didn’t know my game data wasn’t saved ! Did an iOS update and lost a year of game play and a guild ! My phone and iPad wasn’t synced then . But they are now ! Crazy to think how far or stronger I would be if that event hadn’t happened! Any idea on when droids for ships happen? Or we get levels change again ? May the force be with Us all !

I THINK I was able to Bold the part properly so I just wanted to asked Yeggiemister, BEFORE the same issue happens to me, what do I need to do to sync my game so I don’t end up losing my progress too?!? Thank you so very much for thinking to suggest this and, in advance, for your help!
  • One of the issues I found with this game is regarding the Guild Store and Jyn Erso shards as in they rarely appear in the Guild Store at all. Before Starck was added into the game she was frequently available for purchasing, but now she rarely appears at all. So I would like to request that she appear as an alternative slot to Starck in the game.

Starck is in his own slot, Jyn shares a slot with others. She shows up plenty for me, it's just rng when she'll show up. And since you're paying attention to her, you'll notice it more when she's not there.
    Proky wrote: »
    I did not receive the free carbanti today. In-game name: Proky. Send tickets?
    Okay yup, confirmed you got the first two but not the Carbanti.
    Wow!! Thank you so much for the quick response. My in game name is Mol Eliza because the game will not let underage accounts edit their name (haha). Not sure if it’s helpful, but my ally code is 649-238-634. It turns out that a few of my guild mates also did not get today’s pop up (although most did), so I don’t think it is correlating to an underage account status. Hoping I get it late and it will be there tomorrow morning. Lord knows I only need about 100 carbantis! lol. Nice gift.
    Same, I see you didn't get the Carbanti. Question for you, do you ever get in-game pop-ups? We are not allowed to serve underage players advertisements of any kind, and so sometimes we overcorrect so as not to violate any COPPA laws.
    Trebor88 wrote: »
    Hi @CG_Carrie, it looks like I didn't receive my carbanti either so could you add my name to the list as well... My in game name is ìN Trebor
    And same, no Carbanti either.

-Carrie

A guildmate submitted a ticket to EA CS, a rep called him and said there was nothing he could do, acted like it was his fault and was generally very rude. Apparently not everyone has gotten the memo about the missing rewards.
  • Is there anyway you guys can add an exchange for other products store, to trade or sell over abundance items, for the harder to find upgrade items? It takes forever to develop players of high caliber, and really gets old fast...doing the same monotonous tasks for useless items, really degrades the potential of this game!
  • KRS
    1 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie I have not received the Carbanti. My name in game is KRS.Ally code is 262-414-112.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Take your Akbar Fleet Tier 5 challenge in for a rework. Basic attacks do 48k damage to my fleet. No amount of gearing of player pilots for speed increase matches the garbage manipulation you’ve granted the AI. I have GS 11 pilots getting hammered in the opening salvo obliterating 2 ships every time.
  • Gannon
    1628 posts Member
    Hey devs, if you're considering a rework for Jedi in the future, you may want to consider adding a reflect ability for saber users, perhaps on evade.. Considering that's how the Jedi took down 80% of enemies in the movies, I was disappointed that the reflect/block with sabers was never utilized. Food for thought..
    Also you should consider adding a forum for community ideas on future characters, reworks , and updates.. I'm sure many others in the community can add valuable feedback that could help spark your team's creativity in future content.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    I'm stoked with excitement over these dev posts reaching out to the players and fully appreciate their time and creativity in the game. Good job ;)
  • How come I still cannot get the Carbanti? I have been tried reboot, reinstall the app but still cant receive it. Please quick solve the issue.

Douglas
    156 618 945
    iOS 11.2.6
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    A guildmate submitted a ticket to EA CS, a rep called him and said there was nothing he could do, acted like it was his fault and was generally very rude. Apparently not everyone has gotten the memo about the missing rewards.
    Can you get the ticket number for his report and DM it to me? That will direct me to who he got in contact with... and I can talk to them. If it happened the first day, it may not have filtered out, but I have confirmed many of the reports coming in are being addressed.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Can you get the ticket number for his report and DM it to me? That will direct me to who he got in contact with... and I can talk to them. If it happened the first day, it may not have filtered out, but I have confirmed many of the reports coming in are being addressed.

I think you also spoke to another person in our guild about it. One of us will get the ticket number. Thank you for being so responsive. It really means a lot.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    We are asking people to submit their forum name to the Beta program because that's the way we can batch communicate with players in order to let them know they'll get into the Beta. Our intention is to give them access to a restricted forum where we can post info about the Beta. We can't collect email addresses or contacts outside of our official forums because of the rules around collecting personal data.

While I can't condone creating new forum accounts, as long as they behave on the forum account and their in-game account isn't banned, then they will be allowed to participate.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    We are asking people to submit their forum name to the Beta program because that's the way we can batch communicate with players in order to let them know they'll get into the Beta. Our intention is to give them access to a restricted forum where we can post info about the Beta. We can't collect email addresses or contacts outside of our official forums because of the rules around collecting personal data.

While I can't condone creating new forum accounts, as long as they behave on the forum account and their in-game account isn't banned, then they will be allowed to participate.

@CG_Carrie Thank you for your response. May I suggest restricting it to say forum accounts that have 300 posts.(Arbitrary number, adjust as you see fit) That should at least serve to discourage the creation of multiple forum accounts.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

@CG_Carrie Thank you for your response. May I suggest restricting it to say forum accounts that have 300 posts.(Arbitrary number, adjust as you see fit) That should at least serve to discourage the creation of multiple forum accounts.

I have been very active on the forums since I started playing and I am not sure if I have 300 posts. 100 might be an appropriate number.
    But adjusting this system to that would just be extra work. This game is famous for giving people "loopholes" that reward ingenuity and devotion (I admire people that go trough the adaptive guide play), and I dont mean that in a bad way. Somebody who makes 20 fake forum and game accounts really, really wants to see that beta.
  • LaksonVell wrote: »

I have been very active on the forums since I started playing and I am not sure if I have 300 posts. 100 might be an appropriate number.
    But adjusting this system to that would just be extra work. This game is famous for giving people "loopholes" that reward ingenuity and devotion (I admire people that go trough the adaptive guide play), and I dont mean that in a bad way. Somebody who makes 20 fake forum and game accounts really, really wants to see that beta.

As of this writing, you have 389 posts. You can see how many posts you have by looking under your forum name.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • If you make arbitrary forum post number as requirements, ppl will just post nonsense one liner, quote other people post without any comments or simply troll.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    If you make arbitrary forum post number as requirements, ppl will just post nonsense one liner, quote other people post without any comments or simply troll.

Good point. I think the required number should be about 8k or so. ;):D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @CG_Carrie,
    I just wanted to express my sincerest thanks for your help. I submitted a ticket about not receiving the carbanti, and was promptly delivered the missing reward. This level of customer service is in stark contrast from what I've experienced in the past. The recent and very active community engagement of you and some of the other devs is refreshing, and your transparency and empathy almost has me wanting to visit the forum more often (almost). Anyway, thank you and please keep up the great work...time to go farm some Bounty Hunters.