Ship stats (character gear levels)

GuanIsHere
188 posts Member
edited March 2018
How much survivability (health, ptortection, defence etc) would taking Biggs from g11 to g12 add? I've been working hard g12 fotp vader boba and thrawn with tfp almost at g12. Simply put, is it worth taking biggs from g11 with no equipped gear to g12 purely for ship arena? Currently, I run a 5* thrawn cap ship and hit top 20 every day. I have all the ships I need to 7* the chimera (except the 7* ls cap ship, both are 6* 45/100). My reinfocements at the moment are g11 7* 5s 7* ship, wedge 7* g11 7* ship and 7* g10 7* scimitar, with tie silencer and tie reaper on farm. So best use of resources...Biggs to g12, or pump up reaper or silencer?

Replies

• G12 biggs for sure! The longer he can survive, the longer your tie reaper can stay active and remove turn meter!
  • Yup
  • Wedge and Biggs don't increase much from gear 11-12 compared to other characters. You mention Biggs. He increases his special dmg quite a lot...except he doesnt have any skills that use special dmg...
    I'm sure you can find YouTube videos from when gear 12 was released that talks about what characters benefitted most.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to strategy section.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Wedge and Biggs don't increase much from gear 11-12 compared to other characters. You mention Biggs. He increases his special dmg quite a lot...except he doesnt have any skills that use special dmg...
    I'm sure you can find YouTube videos from when gear 12 was released that talks about what characters benefitted most.

Think he's just asking about if the gear 12 makes a big enough difference in ships
  • @Ugnaught ther has been p[lenty of talk about g11-12 from the arena perspective, but less about fleets. DMg output from biggs is the last concern in fleet battles. His only role is to be a dmg sink. To simplfy the question. Option 1 : g12 biggs for survivability. Option 2 : g12 tfp for more dps and speed. Option 3: Gear up toons for reaper/silencer and promote them to the front line at the cost of a maxed out (minus zeta) Boba.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Whats the difference between his ship health and protection at g11 and g12?
  • @VonZant that is exactly my question. Is the G12 bump worth it. Does it let Biggs tak another few hitts or is it worthless compared to g12 bup fo a mre offensie ship like itf?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    My g11 has 70206 and 50766 health and protection. What is it at g12?
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    My G12 is 74/55.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    My G11 with only 1 piece missing from G12 is 73765/54325.
    I'm not going to bother to bring him to G12.
  • You probably should look at your Wiggs mods. If you go to their ships stat, you will see numbers in brackets that is coming from characters.

Some ship stats do not come from characters and they change from ship to ship. So, the trick is to know which ship stat you want to increase and whether that can come from characters - then mod them accordingly.

Your mods will matter more than gear levels or once you get to g12 and all your opponents are at g12, mods are the only differentiating factor.
  • DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    You probably should look at your Wiggs mods. If you go to their ships stat, you will see numbers in brackets that is coming from characters.

Some ship stats do not come from characters and they change from ship to ship. So, the trick is to know which ship stat you want to increase and whether that can come from characters - then mod them accordingly.

Your mods will matter more than gear levels or once you get to g12 and all your opponents are at g12, mods are the only differentiating factor.

Mods do the same thing once they're all 5* and level 15. It doesn't matter how good or bad the mod is for fleet - just that it meets those two requirements.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    pretty sure the only things mods do is increase per gear dot level aka a 5 dot>4 dot regardless of benefit to character. Don't think your ship would get faster if you had +30 speed, just on if it's a 5>4 dot.iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    You probably should look at your Wiggs mods. If you go to their ships stat, you will see numbers in brackets that is coming from characters.

All that matters for ships when it comes to mods is that they're all 5 dot level 15. So if you're in a shard where everyone has G12 pilots, how on earth are they running with less than 5/15 on mods?
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

People overestimate the difference between gear levels when it's just one piece to go to the next level. Even on toons, what you get is the additional stats from that one piece plus the protection bump. Where you really see the boost is adding the three G12 pieces after that. But if you're just one piece from G12, there's not much reason to skip it.
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    All that matters for ships when it comes to mods is that they're all 5 dot level 15. So if you're in a shard where everyone has G12 pilots, how on earth are they running with less than 5/15 on mods?

I think it matters a bit more than 5 dots mod.

For example, If you have speed arrow or protection arrow on your characters will affect stats in ships - even for secondary on mods will affect the ship stats.

You can try it out by switching 5 dots level 15 mods with totally different stats and check ship stats before and after.

Might be subtle but it changes the ship stats.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »

I think it matters a bit more than 5 dots mod.

For example, If you have speed arrow or protection arrow on your characters will affect stats in ships - even for secondary on mods will affect the ship stats.

You can try it out by switching 5 dots level 15 mods with totally different stats and check ship stats before and after.

Might be subtle but it changes the ship stats.

This goes against everything I've ever read on mods and ships, here and elsewhere.
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited March 2018
  • Nevermind I'm wrong. I must not be reading the numbers right. 5 dots mod is all that matters
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

People overestimate the difference between gear levels when it's just one piece to go to the next level. Even on toons, what you get is the additional stats from that one piece plus the protection bump. Where you really see the boost is adding the three G12 pieces after that. But if you're just one piece from G12, there's not much reason to skip it.

He really doesn’t gain much else besides Protection and I’m definitely not giving those extra 3 G12 pieces after that. (Not a tank class either so the Protection bump is nothing to be excited about) So I’ll save those Carbantis for someone else better. If I am ever unable to get 1st in Fleet, maybe I’ll consider upgrading him, but so far, haven’t had the need to do so.