No ROLO shards for you!! Come back one year!!

Lenders79
21 posts Member
edited March 2018
It's starting to feel like CG is intentionally trying to frustrate the community...

Back in February was when I first started hearing rumblings of community frustration... TBH I didn't really get it. But now I do... after a series of what just seem like insulting moves by CG and lastly what has just recently happened to me, I am frustrated.

This is how I imagine conversations at CG go:
  • "Let's make our new meta-defining character (RJT) achievable by making everyone farm two terrible useless toons (vet Han and Chewie) to 7*, and oh ya, for fun, let's put them on 16 energy cantina nodes!"
  • "Hey let's show our community how much we appreciate them playing our game, I know, let's give them a whopping 75,000 credits and 20 whole 3* training droids!"

Or my favorite recently:
  • "Hey people are kinda upset... let's have a Q&A for the community, but let's only give them a one-hour heads up on it, and oh yeah, let's do it on St. Patrick's Day!"

But something recently happened to me and it's frustrated me enough to write this post. I farmed CHS so I could do the ROLO special mission. Got him, completed the mission easily once, got the ROLO shards for my guild, great! Now the Hoth TB event is on again and when I went to do the ROLO mission, my icons to attack disappeared. My entire squad half way through the battle was just standing there, I could still access my chat, I could toggle through toons so it's not a connectivity issue. I was was left with no other choice than to restart the client. When got back in though, it said that I had completed the mission but I wasn't awarded the ROLO shards for my guild that I could have gotten if I would have been able to complete the mission.

So I log a ticket in help. They get back to me with a completely canned response offering me 200 crystals and telling me it's a connectivity issue. I respond saying, I appreciate the crystal offer but I actually want the ROLO shards (not the crystals) for my guild and that it's not a connectivity issue for the reasons listed above.

They responded telling me that they're Support and there's only so much that they can do, I should log in to the forum and create a post (which I'm doing!), and for my troubles--here's the kicker that has really frustrated me and leads me to believe that CG is intentionally trying to irk the community--and for my troubles they will give me 30 crystals. 30!! They were going to give me 200!! What about the rest of my guild that should be getting ROLO shards?!

CG, I really want you guys to do the right thing here, and I get that you're trying, but it seems so thoughtless and as a player and member of the community, I'm left feeling offended, frustrated, and angry.

Post edited by Lenders79 on

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you got stuff for a game crash? congrats, mbn
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    You’re really that mad about 2 ROLO shards? I’d take the 200 crystals.
  • It's the principle for me. And this last one was the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • My personal principle: Some things arent worth fighting for
  • Depending on your guild, ROLO can be difficult to farm. The top guild's will already have her, but if only a few have ROLO getters then she'll take forever to unlock, let alone get her up to 7*. I can buy crystals, get crystals from GW, PvP payouts, Fleet Payouts (if you're ranked high enough), and even daily logins. I only have one opportunity to contribute 2 ROLO shards to my guild per month, and that's after they doubled it.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    It sounds like your game crashed, unfortunately. You want them to fix this for you? How? You honestly think they are going to thoroughly investigate every instance of someone claiming their game froze and they would have beaten a CM if it hadn’t...? With 20 million players, seems highly unlikely. In a case like this, take the 200 crystals.

You started your post by complaining about part of RJT’s requirements, one of the best and most exclusive toons in the game. This has nothing to do with your second complaint (?), that you are given 75k credits and some training droids for clicking on and reading a very informative blog post.

You fail to mention that today we all received a FULL CARBANTIS.

Then you go on to complain about how CG isn’t treating you fairly because after your phone crashed, and after they offered you 200 crystals, which sounds like you were not willing to accept anyway, you won’t get 2 ROLO shards...

Kittens happen, and it sounds like they tried to help you out.
  • What annoys me is using 410 energy, including 150 crystals for 3 refreshes and getting a grand total of THREE MK 5 stun guns.
  • What annoys me is using 410 energy, including 150 crystals for 3 refreshes and getting a grand total of THREE MK 5 stun guns.

whut would be the fun to get everything in the game easy and for free?

• jursllla wrote: »
    What annoys me is using 410 energy, including 150 crystals for 3 refreshes and getting a grand total of THREE MK 5 stun guns.

whut would be the fun to get everything in the game easy and for free?

I'm just gonna buy the 20 Stun Guns for 520 crystals since the drop rate for me is equal to or less than 3 for every 150 crystals spent on refreshes.

When the drop rate is 1 in 14 on a 10 energy node. Yeah, I'd like it to be easier, more like 1 in 10 sims gets the gear, or 1 in 8(a 12.5% chance). That's reasonable.

Yday I got 1 shard in 15 cantina battles on wedge. One! Honestly, best fun I had in a while. Not joking, I like a sudden twist. Bibble discussions and study meetings, y'all
  • Yesterday I also reported a problem here in the forum. The answer was just frustrating. Moderator Kyno wrote: "You want to go through Answers HQ or EA Help to get the reward.

EA Help may be more direct, but will take a little longer. You can get there through the help button in the settings menu. Then he closed the post.

When I write to the German customer service, I get sometime a message that I should call. If I call I call 1 - 2 hours with the nice and worried staff, but never heard of the game or has played it. But he does not find a solution to the problem. But gives me the advice that I should post this here in the English forum. The US guys could help me then. So I can save myself with the German customer service already ...
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Dude, you need to calm down, ROLO isn't even a good character to begin with, and -2 shards is NOT THE END OFTHE WORLD
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    Dude, you need to calm down, ROLO isn't even a good character to begin with, and -2 shards is NOT THE END OFTHE WORLD

It's not -2 ROLO shards, actually it's -2 multiplied by 50 players in the guild, so it's -100 ROLO shards. That's a value of 8k crystals (80 crystals a shard, lets say) that his guild is going to loose/not gain.
    If CG support would want to make it fair, they should distribute 200 crystals across his entire guild, not just to him.
  • Alukai
    29 posts Member
    I completely understand. That same exact issue happened with three of my guild mates.unfortunately when it comes to RTJ. She is made exclusively for the whales first. A lot of the recent toons can only be farmed in cantina. Same with mods. It's a stupid sacrifice they are making us choose between toon farming and mod farming.

At least they put mods back up to 100% farm rate. The farm rate for higher end gear and toons is ridiculous. I wish that would be increased. Especially for toons that I only have 5 tries for per day, without spending crystals.

The log in rewards to appease us are appalling as well. The people who are really upset are the older players that have been playing since the beginning and 75k credits are not going to do anything. The full gear piece was nice. But not enough. When they charge the price of a full AAA title game for a toon that is not maxed out it feels like they are just in this for the money.

Long post really just to agree with what was said and say that you were not the only person that experienced troubles worth the special mission.
  • forgot to mention, there is a fix for your issue. Whenever it happens to me, I pull down the pullbar on my phone (the one where you turn on wifi and a lot of other doo-hickies we rarely use), go back into the game, it will have a pause overlay, just finger it and it will fix itself. SOmetimes takes 2-3 tries. Worked 100% of the time.
    Can I get a job as customer service now?
  • Lenders79
    21 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    forgot to mention, there is a fix for your issue. Whenever it happens to me, I pull down the pullbar on my phone (the one where you turn on wifi and a lot of other doo-hickies we rarely use), go back into the game, it will have a pause overlay, just finger it and it will fix itself. SOmetimes takes 2-3 tries. Worked 100% of the time.
    Can I get a job as customer service now?

Cool. Good to know there is a fix.
  • Alukai wrote: »
    it feels like they are just in this for the money.

Nailed it
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Man, i do sympathize with you to a certain extent, but aren't you overreacting a bit?
    It's not really a 100 ROLO shards, each player only gets shafted for 2. If one player got shafted for a 100 that would have been a totally different level of getting shafted.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • I have her 7 star, and I missed a few missions because my toons were weak, so . . .
  • Not trying to be callous, but stuff happens. Move on.
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    Not trying to be callous, but stuff happens. Move on.

I feel like many of you are missing my point (and perhaps my passion is causing this to seem out of proportion to many as well) however it's not just the ROLO shards, or just the crystals... it's the whole series of events that have been going on for months.
    It's CG (I believe) trying to do the right thing (e.g. holding a live Q&A) but then completely botching it (e.g. only giving one hour notice that it's happening) and causing frustration.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lenders79 wrote: »
    Veritasum wrote: »

I feel like many of you are missing my point (and perhaps my passion is causing this to seem out of proportion to many as well) however it's not just the ROLO shards, or just the crystals... it's the whole series of events that have been going on for months.
    It's CG (I believe) trying to do the right thing (e.g. holding a live Q&A) but then completely botching it (e.g. only giving one hour notice that it's happening) and causing frustration.

The first one, as stated by the dev team, was a reaction and they thought it better to have it on short notice over a delayed response. They didn't botch anything. They kicked down the door and said we are making a change and have been full steam ahead to back up this choice since then, let's cut them a little slack and see where this gets us before we start saying they messed anything up.

They also announced another Q&A to make sure people have time to get questions ready.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please see the section labeled Q&A for a reference to what I am speaking about above.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164407/dev-blog-communication-on-galaxy-of-heroes-3-27-18#latest
  • Kyno wrote: »

The first one, as stated by the dev team, was a reaction and they thought it better to have it on short notice over a delayed response. They didn't botch anything. They kicked down the door and said we are making a change and have been full steam ahead to back up this choice since then, let's cut them a little slack and see where this gets us before we start saying they messed anything up.

They also announced another Q&A to make sure people have time to get questions ready.

Agree they are taking a step in the right direction with announcing a cadence of Q&A's and committing to them regularly so long as they make sense for everyone, as per CG_Erik's latest post. Like I said, I want them to (continue to) do the right thing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

It's a freemium game, there is no "right thing". They're asking their customers to pay $300 for 1 single character.
    To be honest i'm suprised they even had that Q&A. Not sure if i would consider it botched either, it's not like there weren't enough players online to ask the questions.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

It's a freemium game, there is no "right thing". They're asking their customers to pay $300 for 1 single character.
    To be honest i'm suprised they even had that Q&A. Not sure if i would consider it botched either, it's not like there weren't enough players online to ask the questions.

I guess I'm an idealist in a realist's world...