Do you want to see 6-7* mods introduced into the game?

Nikarah
51 posts Member
edited March 2018
With the confirmation of intent to eventually introduce 6-7* mods into the game, and the fundamental and sweeping change this would bring to the game, I believe the community owes it to the developers to relay how we feel about such a possibility.

Do you want to see 6-7* mods introduced into the game? 101 votes

No, mods are fine at 5*, don’t ruin years of farming.
42%
Boba_The_FetterNikoms565EventineElessedilBjpac04Th3NameLessJinnNuVertigoVolaargunffGreenGoblin96DarthpedroJemskyElleMadarayohann269JJayWR4TH0RHuatimusGhostwolfZaraosCarSickShoe 43 votes
Yes, bring on 7*!
8%
Khorvog_KarbossaBrownieIceih_SWGSP4C3ZHodBaphosSnapperRastafanTris_Leroy 9 votes
Only bring in 7* when it’s needed to compete in new content.
7%
Vastion_CreadBlatspielOberon_CaladN1c0Ender22IrulanHarkonnenJoker41NAMHEROBRINE2I39 8 votes
Never bring in 6/7* mods, please design all future content around existing 5* mods.
40%
DaymaSilthrimlusynNadebotfmSpadeFreemanDooku_for_daystRRReyReeseHoondarrhlyttotisdasNickielllZeroToxinReef_RaiderKainWessiriSITHPLAGUEDruBaccaZalastaNurgleYenchenUnlimitedpowar 41 votes

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I feel like this game will HAVE to get to a point where new mods are necessary. Power creep is everywhere: our teams, rosters, raids, and mods.

But what I would like to see in the introduction of new mods is a new kind of balance between stats. Speed is currently king, because a +20 mod is just so much more powerful than any other stat.

Increase the values of the other stats, leave speed the same. Or something like that, leave the speed meta behind
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    Never bring in 6/7* mods, please design all future content around existing 5* mods.
    5* mods are more then enough to 10+ years of rng grinding to find better mods.

If they must bring in 7* dot mods make it an option to lvl up all current mods up 2* each that way my 2 years of farming to get the one +20 speed secenday I have not useless

Bring in a 3rd currency so we can realalisticly farm mods while we farm new hero’s as well. CG’s release rate of needed hero’s to Cantina basically shuts down most mod farming efforts.
  • Never bring in 6/7* mods, please design all future content around existing 5* mods.
    The thing is, currently, 6-7* mods aren’t needed. Heroic sith raid is already being completed without them. People can max TB without them. Arena with competing 6-7 mods is no different than 5*; it all comes down to luck.
    TW is the same, only it will still be about mod depth.
    Currently there is absolutely no legitimate reason to introduce 6-7* mods. Many people still can’t mod past their first 3 teams effectively, a new tier of mods would make that substantially worse, especially with the energy-creep we’ve seen over the past year. It’s a choice of either farming mods or farming shards, not both.
  • Gonna be funny when they bring the 6 and 7 dot mods back.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes, bring on 7*!
    I would like to see 6/7 mods as a way to rebalance mods, if these new mods have very high of every stat and none speedy secondaries.
    The speed secondaries race must be over, it only gives to the lucky guys who loot them first too much advantage over the rest, ruining the game experience.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I really don’t think a new tier of mods will make anything worse. All those mods that you had, they won’t go away, they’ll go to your A- teams as you replace your A+ teams mods.

You’re right though, that we don’t need them right now. There are no PvE challenges that currently require them, though some non-heroic guilds would beg to differ.

It’d be interesting if the new mods gave new abilities. Like, health regen instead of health up, or maybe some non passive ability that you can use one mid game
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Iceih_SWG and you really think 6-7* makes that better? You’ll see whales with +40 speed secondary (or whatever high end rolls look like) within a few days. The reason speed is king isn’t because of mod disparity; speed is king because attack order makes the single largest difference in this game. New mods will NOT change that.
    @Ender22 that’s the only way I get on board with 6/7*: no stat difference, but better/added set rewards.
  • Yes, bring on 7*!
    Nikarah wrote: »
    @Iceih_SWG and you really think 6-7* makes that better? You’ll see whales with +40 speed secondary (or whatever high end rolls look like) within a few days. The reason speed is king isn’t because of mod disparity; speed is king because attack order makes the single largest difference in this game. New mods will NOT change that.
    @Ender22 that’s the only way I get on board with 6/7*: no stat difference, but better/added set rewards.

@Nikarah what I meant is no more speed secondaries, so if you choose to have 6-7* mods you will only have speed in the arrow primary, to have speed secondaries you would need to mix mods 5* and 6-7* with other stats.
    If the new stats are high enough it may be a realistic alternative to speed, you need speed to damage first and debuff first. Lets say you have enough tenacity to really resist a debuff from a character, in that scenario speed is not a must but a choice of strategy... then you can really choose between debuffing first or resist+debuff second. With the current stat of the game there is no realistic counter to speed secondaries.
    Lets be honest the EP who areafreeze first has high chances to win the battle in that first move, so speed is critical, with 7* tenacity mods that can really save your team from the area stun, those mods are worth even with no speed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why is there no, 'no just stop it' choice?
  • I wouldn't mind 6 and 7 dot mods as long as my current mods from 1.5 yr of playing aren't left to gather dust. I like the idea of adding 2 dots onto current mods to either add new stats or multiply current ones.
  • No, mods are fine at 5*, don’t ruin years of farming.
    New mods won't be balanced and yes your present mods will be worthless.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Honestly, with the "challenges" this game has with balance, changing the abilities of mods is likely to create more problems than it solves. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but quite frankly, I'm not sure the development team can implement them without creating all kinds of balance issues.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    Overall the game is losing balance. New characters have a set of capabilities that cause many existing characters to be irrelevant. (This is NOt referring at all to the nerfing of characters BTW)

Whole factions are almost useless except to deploy in TB. Some characters are just a joke. Who needs a 7* Lobot or CUP for anything?? (Other then lots of TB platoons)

Increasing mod levels won’t fix the fundamental game creep that has been happening for awhile.

However given new characters and new meta are the way EA/CG makes money I don’t see that changing.
  • Never bring in 6/7* mods, please design all future content around existing 5* mods.
    Just increase the level on existing mods. Lvl 15 to lvl 20. Only the main stat goes up. If not all mods then just 5 star ones go to lvl 20.
    If they bring in new mods and we can't upgrade our 5* mods somehow ill quit
    The very top end players may need them but 97.2% of players under them will not. The only way I would be on board with more mods would be if they gave us a new energy to go after them with. I wasted 2-3 weeks of all my cantina energy getting to where I am now when those could have been used for toons I actually want.
  • darthjeary wrote: »
    . I wasted 2-3 weeks of all my cantina energy getting to where I am now when those could have been used for toons I actually want.

Only 2-3 weeks, . . . Dayam you have some amazing luck farming mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The worst part about this, is it's going to happen.... the only real question is, 'when?'
    Kyno wrote: »
    The worst part about this, is it's going to happen.... the only real question is, 'when?'

Soon
    [gif]
  • I think it would be cool to add a seventh mod spot, a wild card slot that you can put any mod in.
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    I wouldnt wanna see that personally. Almost all would be speed arrows or CD triangles
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I don't want 6/7* mods, but that doesn't mean I want all future content designed around the existing 5* mods. I'd like to see some new types of mods (health steal might be nice, armor/resistance penetration, but I don't want to see retribution/stuns/evasion mods). I feel like some health steal mods would be very nice for the Sith Raid and honestly I'm surprised we don't have those already, it's one basically the one stat in the main panel of stats that doesn't have any mod possibility.

If they do bring in 6/7* mods I really hope it's more of an upgrade feature from the current 5* mods we have than it is a "buy new mods and farm them over from the start" type of deal, but I really think that adding in newer mods would just cause so many people to leave the game that it's not worth it.
  • sL4sh
    14 posts Member
    [gif]

Everything is said !
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    The only way 6-7 dots are going to work is if they let us upgrade our existing 5 star mods somehow. And not RNG reliant upgrade. Just a flat increase of all the 5 dots stats to 6-7 dot levels. You could make natural 6-7 dot mods more powerful than an augmented 5 dots and that way it would give us an incentive to farm them. But not letting us upgrade our current mods and just hitting the reset button would be the final nail in the coffin of this game.
    If they bring in new mods and we can't upgrade our 5* mods somehow ill quit
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I would like to see 6/7 mods as a way to rebalance mods, if these new mods have very high of every stat and none speedy secondaries.
    The speed secondaries race must be over, it only gives to the lucky guys who loot them first too much advantage over the rest, ruining the game experience.

So because your mods are garbage, bring in new ones to ruin everyone else’s..
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    82% votes no, so I hope the devs see this.
    Kyno wrote: »

August