Illuminated Nightmare

Tried some oddball arena teams, slipped to the 500s overnight.

Threw the nightmare team back in, swapped out Nihilus for BB8..... haven't looked back.

Lost a snad bit of turn meter, but the potency gain alone from secret Intel is enough for zalps to kill it.

Illuminated destiny and hatred go off within a turn of each other and it turns SCION into cosmic Spiderman. ILLUMINATED HATRED ALL DAY.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    if there is one palp doesn't need more of, it's potency. So whatever it is that makes this team better, it's not the potency gain from secret intel.
    I know i sound like a hater (wich i also am, just not in this instance), but there are alot of misconceptions about potency. In order for palp (in lead) to benefit at all from more potency, you would have to be facing opponents with 97%+ tenacity. I obviously don't know how your opponents mod their toons, but 97% or higher tenacity is pretty rare in my experience.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    if there is one palp doesn't need more of, it's potency. So whatever it is that makes this team better, it's not the potency gain from secret intel.
    I know i sound like a hater (wich i also am, just not in this instance), but there are alot of misconceptions about potency. In order for palp (in lead) to benefit at all from more potency, you would have to be facing opponents with 97%+ tenacity. I obviously don't know how your opponents mod their toons, but 97% or higher tenacity is pretty rare in my experience.

It's basically so you can apply status effects to a zthrawn who has fractured someone (and has +100% potency.
  • All I know is his multi-stun sticks a lot more with an extra 25% potency.
    Many teams are highly modded for tenacity. My Sith team is all 75%+ tenacity. Helps quite a bit against other palp teams.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    All I know is his multi-stun sticks a lot more with an extra 25% potency.

This just shows you are suffering from confirmation bias.
    Many teams are highly modded for tenacity. My Sith team is all 75%+ tenacity. Helps quite a bit against other palp teams.

Unless you are over 97% tenacity, its not making any difference at all (against palps stun). It may be helping slightly against vader dots (depending whether enemy vaders are modded for potency or not). If they aren't, then roughly 25% of his dots are being resisted, instead of only 15%.

It's also unlikely all members of your sith team are actually running 75% tenacity. Most of the sith sit between 25-35% pre-mods, and raising those numbers to 75% with mods is extremely difficult. The exceptions being EP and Sid.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I run five Magmatroopers.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    My shoretrooper has 85% tenacity (not running him with Magma) beforr Palps anti- rebel leadership factored in.
    Just happened to have some good secondaries on them from Mythic events. It seems to help a lot against CLS debuffs and Dots.
  • Getting to around 75% tenacity is easy with Sith.
    My ST is 83.69%
    Vader is 78
    Palps is 76
    SCION I was wrong, only 67%, but also only 4 star.

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Getting to around 75% tenacity is easy with Sith.
    My ST is 83.69%
    Vader is 78
    Palps is 76
    SCION I was wrong, only 67%, but also only 4 star.

Stars don't change Tenacity.
    And at those values, your Tenacity is still not enough to affect most Palp teams.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Just checked my team, lowest Potency is 50% and with Palpatine lead becomes 85%. In order for you to achieve better than 15% resistance chance which everyone gets, you need more than 100% Tenacity.

In conclusion, modding for Tenacity vs Palpatine teams is inefficient and secondly Palpatine teams don't really need more Potency (except fringe cases like CLS/GAT +100% Tenacity)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    it's sion...

ignoring spelling, I think they are questioning the opportunity cost of modding for tenacity instead of other things.
  • Jtr lead, bb8, r2d2, DN, Darth Sion.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    My shoretrooper has 85% tenacity (not running him with Magma) beforr Palps anti- rebel leadership factored in.
    Just happened to have some good secondaries on them from Mythic events. It seems to help a lot against CLS debuffs and Dots.

Tenacity may not help much against Palp teams but it helps against others. So, just back to the Hijack my shoretrooper just resisted evey CLS debuff in his first 2 hits. It allows him to keep his pre-taunt and drawn the fracture or do his full taunt which basically wins the game. It doesnt happen every time but having a lot of tenacity on a tank, as long as it doest gimp his other stats, isnt bad.