Yet Another Boring Who-to-Zeta Question

So, I'm coming up to completing my first zeta material (working on the purples at the moment) and if you had asked me three days ago I would have known exactly where it was going. However, since then, I've had reason to question my original plan--and since my guild lacks the experience to answer the question satisfactorily I've come to you wonderful people--and am now torn between two choices:
[Kylo Ren] and [Commander Luke Skywalker]

For a lot of people this is no choice at all: CLS wins, hands down, every time. However, let me get into my dilemma: my guild is working on HAAT readiness--our next test run is planned for the 7th--and had been planning to use the attack-and-escape strategy as a group to get through P1 (Zylo, Zavage, or CLS was left up to the individual). I had been planning to put a zeta on Kylo Ren and use Zylo towards this purpose and continue building that Ackbar/Asajj/CLS/Thrawn/BB-8 team in the background (and apply my second and third zetas there, as appropriate, before moving on to my arena team; I'm an officer so I'm definitely putting the guild's needs over my own). However, now that I have CLS, and a couple people have had success playing around with CLS alone for P1 in NAAT--I know, they can be completely different beasts--I'd started to wonder whether or not it would be a more efficient use of my resources to put the zeta on CLS and build him up for that purpose until I'd finished the rest of the team (I fully expect the guild to get better at P1/P2 in the time it takes me to star and gear them up).

Furthermore, I wouldn't have to do much more for Kylo, after the zeta, than change his mods for it to work--I've heard it can work at G9; a little slower than is ideal, but he can do it--and I'm wary about having time to put resources into my light side pilots (they need soooooo much work) for Chimaera, if I decide to go the CLS route.

So, while I'll be happy to take suggestions, this is what I really want to know:
  • What is the minimum gear level needed for CLS to abuse escapes in P1 HAAT?
  • How about the recommended gear level?
  • What is the recommended speed?

I've linked both characters above, but here is my general swgoh.gg. Thank you for taking the time to read this/respond!

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I suggest CLS. For several reasons

I don't remember if he worked or not at g10. @g11, he works. obviously g12 would be better. For escapes abuse and really whittling down GG in general.

My poor memory also can't recall my speed at the time, but I think I had like +60 at the time, so he was in the low 200s and it was working

sorry I don't remember much
  • @catharsis478 I strongly recommend you zeta CLS’ it binds all things over Kylo Ren. I can tell you back when my guild was first conquering the HAAT raid I did exactly what you were wanting to do, zeta Kylo Ren for p1. But then CLS came out. He is more effective at doing what Kylo did and is useful in literally every facet of the game, whereas my zylo has been gathering dust ever since, with the occasional use in TW. I will say props for putting your guilds needs over your own, though if you go with CLS you will be serving both their needs and yours!
  • Okay, so I'm leaning towards CLS--it took a little doing to find relevant videos on Youtube--and IBAT (I'd actually forgotten he had three zetas; I thought Learn Control was an omega for some reason). Looking at what he needs I doubt I'm going to be able to get him sufficiently geared in time for our HAAT test (and spending a zeta on Kylo just because I'm going to be a couple days/weeks late is pretty impulsive). It seems like G10 is the recommended/minimum gear level--I couldn't find anything about people doing it with lower gear than that (though if you have, please share) and all of those carbantis and syringes is going to take some time; nevermind the ever-dreaded stungun--and pragmatically speaking, I should probably just swallow the unhappy fact I'm not going to be able to help my guild that much this time around.

I guess I should go the more selfish route of preparing for Chimaera (Wiggs/R1 all need levels/gear; Sabine could use another gear level; the rest of my Phoenix just need to be knocked up to lv. 85) and getting the rest of my arena team out of G8--and level 3 abilities for poor Sion--purgatory.

Thanks again to both @HK666 and @Infernus1231 for their responses.
  • HAAT is more gear 11 and 12. Max abilities.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Have you considered the zeta or palpatine which will probably pull you up about 50 spots in arena?

Between the two you suggest definitely cls.
  • JijackCana wrote: »
    HAAT is more gear 11 and 12. Max abilities.

That's ideal, maybe, but I don't think it's required to start HAAT by any means (and my highest gear tier at the moment is G10).
    Naraic wrote: »
    Have you considered the zeta or palpatine which will probably pull you up about 50 spots in arena?

I have, actually--and the idea of being able to get top 50 is certainly tempting--but I want to put the guild first while we're still working towards HAAT. I'd rather take a hit in my arena rank if it means my guildmates and I can get Kenobi sooner rather than later (and though going CLS now is going to delay my ability to help reach that goal, it means I'll have both my planned team ready earlier, and that I can get to applying zetas on my arena team more quickly). As it is, Palpatine's lead is third on my list. Fourth will depend on a few things--namely how quickly I can get my hands on the materials, in general, and whether or not DSTB will be occurring shortly; we don't have anyone who can do the IPD mission at the moment--but I think I'll be able to play around with my zetas more after that.

Eh. I'm rambling again.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    JijackCana wrote: »
    HAAT is more gear 11 and 12. Max abilities.

That's ideal, maybe, but I don't think it's required to start HAAT by any means (and my highest gear tier at the moment is G10).
    Naraic wrote: »

I have, actually--and the idea of being able to get top 50 is certainly tempting--but I want to put the guild first while we're still working towards HAAT. I'd rather take a hit in my arena rank if it means my guildmates and I can get Kenobi sooner rather than later

Entirely upto you but maximising your growth maximises your chance of doing haat as you will have more crystals more gear and more characters at 7 star.

Anyway at the moment I run zPalpatine Thrawn Vader Tarkin tfp in phase 2 or phase 3 of haat and pull 1.5 million or more damage. Thrawn and Vader gear xi and the rest gear x.

Just trying to make sure you don't feel like you need to play the martyr for your guild.

Anyway the zeta on cls is definitely never going to be wasted.

By the way if your guild has any doubts on pulling off the haat raid I'd take a survey and find out how many new 7 star Thrawns you expect during his event. Almost any haat team works better with thrawn.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Cls is good in literally every phase of the haat.

Ideally you can...

Datcha L
    Cls
    Zolo
    To solo phase 1, but escape han and Luke.

Jump into p2 at about 25% left with...
    Ackbar L
    Cls
    Zolo
    Bb8
    Thrawn
    And go all the way to the end of p4 with that team.

Easy 25m+ in haat with 6 toons.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Finn. I know he's not one of your options but he can do big damage in the HAAT and can walk over any team in TW and LSTB.