Help us not lose players..

Gair
616 posts Member
Myself, and a few others pretty much 'carry' the others in our guild. We do it because we enjoy our friends and fellow guild-mates. We stick together though not getting 25 together for some events, because we all want to enjoy the game together.

This type of mentality has held some of us back. If we wanted to be greedy and mongrel we could just jump ship to another guild and lavish in heroic rewards. Although that rewards about 5 of us, another 10-20 would simply quit playing the game completely.

We find this to be counter-productive to a game we want to keep a player-base. We need help!

Can a dev or community manager explain why we can't even get a single shard on some of these scenarios? It literally would take 330 raids to fully unlock. Does that sound unreasonable?

Recently this discussion has come up, and it unfortunately is getting closer to reality.

Replies

• SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Are you speaking of General Kenobi and Han Solo shards?
    Does your Guild follow the 0 damage method?
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Sounds like your pretty much stuck. You either start cutting people loose to get in better more active players to tackle the raids and territory wars/battles or you stay as is. There really isn't anything the devs can do without reworking the entire structure of the game.
  • Gair wrote: »

Can a dev or community manager explain why we can't even get a single shard on some of these scenarios? It literally would take 330 raids to fully unlock. Does that sound unreasonable?

Recently this discussion has come up, and it unfortunately is getting closer to reality.

I'm neither of those things, but the devs do want a sense of pride in completing certain tasks.

Just giving out shards as a pat in the back doesn't I still pride and accomplishments. It sucks, griding and griding and griding to get the the point if beating a raid. My guild is working on HAAT. We're close but I can say for a fact that griding this raid has brought us closer together as a guild and when we beat it we'll all be estatic.

Boot the bad players. Organize the better players, and recruit.

And if that doesn't work take the core and find a new guild.

Best of luck.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Any and all raid/event characters. I do not include hero journeys or new content. It mostly applies to characters or content that have surpassed a time-limit much like marquee. I believe that would be fair.

This is simply about allowing lower skilled players to come to an eventuality. We have parents who play with their kids as well, and we can't expect them to be skilled as their parents. We don't feel that the system should neglect one or the other if they are both putting in the same amount of time and effort.

We do use a 0 damage system, but from what we are hearing that will soon no longer be an option.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Kronen wrote: »
    Sounds like your pretty much stuck. You either start cutting people loose to get in better more active players to tackle the raids and territory wars/battles or you stay as is. There really isn't anything the devs can do without reworking the entire structure of the game.

This is the same conclusion I've come to personally, but it is worth trying. I don't know how complex their code structure is to manipulate these types of rewards so I can't assume much.
  • Gair wrote: »
    Any and all raid/event characters. I do not include hero journeys or new content. It mostly applies to characters or content that have surpassed a time-limit much like marquee. I believe that would be fair.

This is simply about allowing lower skilled players to come to an eventuality. We have parents who play with their kids as well, and we can't expect them to be skilled as their parents. We don't feel that the system should neglect one or the other if they are both putting in the same amount of time and effort.

We do use a 0 damage system, but from what we are hearing that will soon no longer be an option.

What are you talking about re zero damage?

And what raids are you doing? If your trying to stimulate a dead horse, ie guild members that don't want to even try or develop squads, eventually you need to realize there are better ways to play.
  • My two cents :Ok enough dily daly my suggestion is to go to the developers and have them put in a notification to the active guild members that have not registered for the TW or TB so they are aware
    They are not in yet and if they want to make a difference in the guild they should register. The minimum is ok so you can have a variety of levels cuse im not at 7* yet and i dont want to
    Be continualy loosing for my particpation.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    A game notification like for energies is a good idea to remember them that a raid is going to start at x or is starting at this moment. But first I would introduce the 24hours-no-Damage instruction.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

You probably should explain this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You probably should explain this.

Developer Q&A .. They don't like how guilds are doing zero damage rewards. They want people to contribute to raids. They also talked about an auto-join and auto-start on raids.

This subject is strangely on the fence now, since they are improving raid rewards to be across the board. Not sure how it will play out or if it will actually fix some of the problems that stem from the current raid rewards system.
  • No idea what you're complaining about...