Help with team configuration

So right now this is my arena team:
Emperor Palpatine (L)
TIE Pilot
Sith Trooper
Zarriss
Darth Vader
I've been considering switching out TIE for Thrawn. Who do you guys think would be the better choice?

Replies

• You should def. have Thrawn in there, as his fracture is in invaluable. Also, consider switching Zarriss for some sith or empire character. I can understand that Zarriss is really good, but in an arena team, with the already good offense you have, you must consider if you really need a healer. If you think about it, healing has small value if you can get a quick advantage, and do large amounts of damage. Vader, allows you to do this with his increased speed by Palp(L). So try switching her out for someone else such as Nihilius, Maul, Sion, Krennic, etc.
    "Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    I think zarriss is the one you should be looking to replace, get another sith/empire unit to give vader more starting speed...
  • Well thank you for the advice guys. I decided to replace TIE Pilot with Thrawn. Zarriss is just too valuable to lose. She'll be thriving being the only cleanser on the team.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Maybe put shore instead of barriss? he can heal too. Btw if ur leaderboard fill with palp meta team, barriss not much of use:
    1. Palp shock prevent healing
    2. Palp team barely doing crit hit, bcause their damage is special damage. Char with high special damage usually have low crit chance base hmm
  • IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Well thank you for the advice guys. I decided to replace TIE Pilot with Thrawn. Zarriss is just too valuable to lose. She'll be thriving being the only cleanser on the team.

Healers are a wasted position in an Arena team, currently. Don't bother. And it's not just me saying that.

Look at the top team compositions in your shard. You'll be unlikely to find any healers there.

Arena, largely, is about two things - attack and speed.

It's a street-fight - hit hard and hit fast before your opponent has the chance to do anything in retaliation.

• ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    I would switch barriss for thrawn
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @rubyhillcal @Osik @RacerDejak @CoastalJames @ZCD_9915 well first off I want to thank all of you for your time. I really appreciate it. I've decided to take your guys' advice and drop Barriss. I'm 100% doing Sion, EP, Vader, and Sith Trooper. For the fifth I was debating between Nihilus and Thrawn. I personally feel Thrawn would be the better choice because if I did do Nihilus, his cool down reduction would be rendered useless on defense some of the time due to Grandpa Palp's stun. For example if He stuns the whole enemy team and Nihilus increases the cooldowns right after then when the enemies turns end and their stuns go away the coolwdowns will go back to normal. I feel like no one has taken this into consideration for the "nightmare" squad. I value all of your advice and would really appreciate more feedback on this.
  • *Disclaimer*
    I don't run Sith or Empire in Arena
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

I'd go with Thrawn, @IE4TAPPL3S. Unless you have DN really fast and can get him to go very early to reduce cooldowns, Thrawn's fracture will come into play sooner and more often than DN's specials. I do see a lot of G12 DN in my shard, but I see way more Thrawns, I do believe. You could take Sith Trooper out as well and put them both in.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Thrawn and dn together is what i run, i use thrawn to feed dn turn meter and he usually gets 2 annihilates per arena fight...