Best Arena Team on Offense & Defense with Mods and Gear being equal?

I know Empire got a nice rework and yes its great to see Empire teams in the top 10 but i still feel that with equal gear and equal mod levels JTR teams are still the *ultimate* meta with other teams like Sith, Empire and Rebels playing “catchup” to the Resistance meta - is this fair comment?

Sure DV has a nice speed boost but it really shines vs rebels not resistance and JTR teams tend to run heavy resistance (R2/BB8/Finn etc..)...and with decent mods R2 will always outspeed DV. Ep is great now but still squishy and really needs Thrawn to shine who is so versatile he can be subbed into a resistance team and further boost JTR viability...you see where I’m going with this?

So all things equal....are LS still the king of arena atm? Feels like it is and I should just invest in JTR?

Replies

• JTR is great outside of arena as well, raids, tb etc. So investing in her is not a bad idea.. but I don't know where you get this "king of the arena idea" just look at your arena top 50, it might be different but prior to rework there was a lot of JTR now my top 30 is pretty much all EP, 1 or 2 NS, then JTR/CLS trailing behind in last 20 places (minus a couple thrawn led and rex teams)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    DS is definately the king of arena at the moment, no question about it.
    JTR is still a good investment and gets the job done in arena. JTR, bb8, R2, GK and thrawn seem to be the preferred line-up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    My best guess is that Traya will make this debate useless. At first I wasn't too high on her but with the change to DN unique its looking like Traya will be OP. Something like Traya Lead DN Sion EP and SA.
  • leef wrote: »
    DS is definately the king of arena at the moment, no question about it.

You think? In my shard, DS are the only teams I bother taking on. These are the ones I can win.

• Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    It eally depends.

Palp vs JTR can be troublesome either way with equal mods. DN unique zeta prevents cooldown reduction of resistance and 1 or 2 tanks and 1 with crit immunity can make it hard for jtr to get turn meter. But palp teams usually do t use 2 tanks, so jtr can usually win with ease on offense.

CLS teams can actually beat both on offense, but can be easily beat on defense by jtr or palp teams with much weaker mods.

Palp also struggles in mirror matches unless his speed is faster, unless they use sion/dn then they might have a chance.

And JTR is very weak against NS.

They bith have their pros and cons on the arena.

If you have both, i might stick to JTR so you have your best mods on that team for the sith raid.