Gear balance of new characters

Neo2551
1824 posts Member
Is it not possible to balance gear requirements of new characters?

For example, why does Traya need 4 mk5 Droid callers and 0 of the other Rancor raid gear?

Equivalently why do you load new characters with mk5 callers, whereas Furnaces could also provide a similar stats boost...

Replies

• Because it’s to stymie players and encourage spending to speed up usefulness. The game is designed for wallet warriors. It’s similar to all the carbanti for CLS. They are trying to change that image so just give it time and be patient.

I was just surprised with CLS and RJT <- that’s right it’s Rey(Jedi Training) not JTR, the trouble on Tatooine and Trouble on Jakku gear missions did not open with them.
  • I'm actually more annoyed when characters require high end gear that literally does nothing for them. Like when Palpatine needs a mark IX BioTech implant (+30 physical damage and +6 physical crit rating). Feels bad to spend a day or two farming a piece of gear that literally adds nothing to the character.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why ask when the awnser is obvious?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    why ask when the awnser is obvious?

200.gif
  • If you have Darth Traya, your guild has good enough toons to beat the Sith Raid on heroic. That means lots of stars on TB, lots of GP that gives you good rewards in TW, high position in both arenas... You should be able to buy the callers as f2p, or get enough guild store currency to get them there.
    Mk5 stun guns are a bigger problem for lower-end players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Because the game is about resource management, they design it to cause you to have to make hard choices and long grinds to have things.... it's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    @Kyno

It is a marathon, but they decide how enjoyable your race will be.

My issue is, they basically decided to artificially bottlneck progression. In this case, why not just having one gear type per level, and make them super slow to acquire? It would result in the same effect.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Kyno

It is a marathon, but they decide how enjoyable your race will be.

My issue is, they basically decided to artificially bottlneck progression. In this case, why not just having one gear type per level, and make them super slow to acquire? It would result in the same effect.

Yes, but this allows for more farming locations to be populated and relative numbers to be "low" in your scenario numbers of single items would have to be much higher and that could appear more disheartening.

Everything about game progression is an arbitrary bottle neck. They could have made the resources super easy to build up and put timers on there that just get absurdly long. Every game slows progress to force choices and some managment of development. If you had it all you would stop playing. It's all about that balance. I see you may not like this current setup, but there are many options to get income and gear if you focus on one thing at a time.