Going to miss the next chat

Can somebody please ask about time zone changing, and providing proof of age to change account from minor to adult. No one provided a proof of age to have a current adult account, but two years ago, myself like many others ended up with a minor account that can’t chat.
Thanks.

Replies

• I know neither of these things can be done now, but what’s the plan to fix this in the future?
  • Bommen
    11 posts Member
    This
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We have been told they don't have control over the age thing. Its required by the provider (apple and google) and is then locked by them for IAP purposes.

Timezone changes are an interesting subject and I'm sure it will come up but opens the door to abuse and a lot of work on their end which means it may not be changed.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    So out of curiosity...

If a 17 year old starts playing this game and continues for 3 years, do they still have a “minor” account forever?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kello_511 wrote: »
    So out of curiosity...

If a 17 year old starts playing this game and continues for 3 years, do they still have a “minor” account forever?

That's a good question, you would think it would upgrade, but guess is that it's not dynamic.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Timezone changes are an interesting subject and I'm sure it will come up but opens the door to abuse and a lot of work on their end which means it may not be changed.

There are easy enough ways to mitigate any potential abuse and the techincal issues are easy enough to overcome. For abuse, limit it to a set number of changes per year and make it cost crystals. As for technical requirements, I’m sure it has to do with energy refreshes, etc and trying to account for the timers in arenas, stores, etc. Simple, lock their account for 24 (or whatever the math/timezone comes out to) hours. Trust me, people who have legitimately changed timezones (or work schedules, like change from dayshift to nightshift) would gladly trade being locked out for a week to have the games timers match thier timezone.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You can try to upgrade your minor account by triggering the FTUE. Just search on the forums please.

As for timezone changing, it's been stated many times that it's not currently supported.
  • So what is the FTUE? I am in the same problem…