A good solution for both EA and players for the gear drop rate issues

SaintEaters
412 posts Member
edited February 2016
How about this. First, I think all gear gear of the same color should have the same drop rate. Or it could be that the more needed a gear is across all characters, the drop rate is proportionally higher than the other items. Either of those are fine. And the rate needs some fine tuning so as to be more constant. This can be done by a slight increase to the drop rate.

Next, I think that each refresh of crystals should increase the drop rate by a certain %. For example:

free energy gives the base drop rate

50 Crystal refreshes increase it by 1%-2%

100 Crystal refreshes increase it by 2%-3%

200 refresh = 3%

And so on. And the refresh bonuses should be stacked and not just flat increase.

This way EA keeps their original design for free people, while at the same time rewarding people who are spending on crystals or have achieved a high arena ranking and earned enough crystals.

People will feel this at they are actually getting something in return for their purchase or for using their difficult to come by crystals.

It will also give people much much more incentive to purchase the Crystal packs if they are actually getting a benefit from it. This is especially true for player toward the end game that are trying to get these near impossible purple gear items.

What does everyone think?

@EA_Jessie I would also like to hear EA'opinion of this if possible. Is it plausible?

Replies

• I feel that would be a good idea, incentives for those who are paying and still maintains free2play integrity.

I need over 200 units of 1 type of purple gear (50 units x 4 characters). At the drop rate now, I have definable pull back on my spending $ (I have Audrioum Card access BTW). I no longer see myself aimlessly investing money in gear farming because the reward is no longer worth the risk....but with a lower risk (higher collection rate)...I would find it easier to hit the 'Buy Now' button.

Thanks
  • I feel that would be a good idea, incentives for those who are paying and still maintains free2play integrity.

I need over 200 units of 1 type of purple gear (50 units x 4 characters). At the drop rate now, I have definable pull back on my spending $ (I have Audrioum Card access BTW). I no longer see myself aimlessly investing money in gear farming because the reward is no longer worth the risk....but with a lower risk (higher collection rate)...I would find it easier to hit the 'Buy Now' button.

Thanks

Same here.