Does Anyone Enjoy Territory Wars?

Prev1
Am I the only one that would like to see them done away with and just have a Zeta or 2 added to the Territory Battle rewards?

Replies

• I tend to agree. They just aren’t fun overall. Boring.
  • Free Zetas win or lose, so I'm in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I enjoy it. More strategy and cooperation than other areas. Rewards are good. You can opt out, or place a bunch of defensive units to get rewards even if busy.

No it's not my favorite thing to do in game.
  • RangerVortex
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    CLS over and over and over and over and over. Kitten TW
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Yes. Me.
  • I really like it, I'm forced to play with teams i normally wouldn't. Some of our matches have been really tense too.
  • I enjoy TB’s more than TW’s.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yeah. its not my favorite, and a little stressful. but i do like being able to battle different setups and trying new setups (because everyone i'm usually using is on defense)
  • I'm in a small guild and it's a lot of fun for us. Especially when we wipe the floor with the other guild. It's great working together and towards better rewards. It also lets us work on teams comps.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm happy with territory wars when it feels like we get a fair matchup. A good close war is actually pretty fun.

The trouble is, it often isn't a close war. Of the last six wars I can recall, four have had my guild matched up against one 10 mil+ gp beyond us, and even though they've been down a few members compared to us, the difference in the number of high-quality teams the rest of their guild had showed, and we didn't feel like we had much chance, which is depressing and makes you not want to bother with them. One was the other way around, where we were more powerful than our opponents, and won easily, which was a nice contrast for us, but surely **** for them. Only one was one of the good ones with an evenly matched opponent.

If the matchmaking produced those even wars more often than not, I'd probably like the mode. As-is, I do kind of dread it, worrying about getting one of those depressing matches where we're just going to get overpowered. Granted, at least the rewards are good even on a loss, but still, it's just not fun in those cases.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    I enjoy territory wars. Its a bit stressful but that makes it exciting. Its one of the remaining aspects of the game that keeps me developing my toons.

LS and DS TBs has become pretty routine. Same goes for regular and fleet arena. TWs and the Sith Triumvirate raid are the things that are still challenging for me.
  • UTmfUT
    47 posts Member
    My guild loves TW. We're active about talking strategies and seeing what teams work great. It's pretty much the only aspect of the game that tests a guilds full roster. However, it does make me miss the days gear level 8 meant something. If the toons aren't g10, and some exceptions at g9, they just don't cut it at higher GPs.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    TW is by far my favorite game mode. There's not even a close 2nd.
  • Our guild loves it. I can imagine at the top end (see a TI guy commented above) it can get stale as every guild you face will have a CLS wall, a zEP wall, etc. At our GP (78mil) there's a lot of variability in what opponents can put up on defense and what strategy they follow. We are on 16 wins and find it one of the most fulfilling guild activities.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

This is exactly why they should have left the "more defensive teams deployment" in place. Now, at the high(ish) levels (125+ GP or more) each territory is 25 of the same team. So you fight once, then wait for your guildies to each fight once. Lot's of fun in a multi-national guild. (that was sarcasm). The change to the score system also encourages this style of both offense and defense, because it only makes sense to attack if you can with 5 remaining characters - especially if someone else in your guild can. It absolutely discourages creativity and strategy.

TB is more fun now - especially since the two changes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nope, I like it. Forces me to use toons I would never consider for pvp
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    I like it just fine, though there is certainly room for improvement.
  • TW is fun.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Including the matches we lost, I enjoy it immensely.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    I don't like it.. cheaters can go undetected. The TW system is not good. I mean there is no tools for us like comprehensive battle log so that we can analyze some "unusual" fight.
  • @RacerDejak we busted a cheater and got him banned for steamrolling TW. You just have to be attentive to catch them.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    @Lekrom1982 same as we did, we busted them. But i think we are just lucky. It is because our battle log at 2 times enemy attack, not much attack happened. If battlelog show at more than 10 times attack, we can't trace and analyze them.

It leave me and my guild very insecure when TW rolling. It clearly show that anti-cheater system not work. They rely on player report.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    I love TW, much much more fun than Arena. Arena is horrendous imo.
  • People who make comments of this nature should post their own GP and guild GP just to show what end of town these **** statements are coming from...
    2.4m 131m
    TW is great and even better with more than 25 teams standard...
  • It's fun when you win every time :)
  • No, where we needed an event that added enjoyability we got another grind. It kills morale, it destroys guilds. Fix matchmaking....
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

This is exactly why they should have left the "more defensive teams deployment" in place. Now, at the high(ish) levels (125+ GP or more) each territory is 25 of the same team. So you fight once, then wait for your guildies to each fight once. Lot's of fun in a multi-national guild. (that was sarcasm). The change to the score system also encourages this style of both offense and defense, because it only makes sense to attack if you can with 5 remaining characters - especially if someone else in your guild can. It absolutely discourages creativity and strategy.

Tw is my favorite part of the game. But I agree with you more defensive deployments is needed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Tw is my favorite part of the game. But I agree with you more defensive deployments is needed.

I realize that balancing the game for people who have been playing for two and half years at the same as people who have been playing for two and half months can be a challenge, as what works for one group, won't work for another.

The idea of scaling the number of teams needed was a good one - they just needed to tweak the numbers (higher GP guilds for more teams) as it was clearly too low for lower GP guilds. But instead of adjusting things based on feedback, they scrapped the entire thing all together, and instead introduced the unnecessarily complex scoring system.

I don't usually question CG's motives (operative word is "usually") - but it sometimes feel that they wield a sledge hammer at times when a pair of tweezers would be sufficient. The intention is good - but the execution is often rushed, bugged, incomplete, or some combination.

The same thing happened with the raid rewards - and it's "fix". But there's an entire mega-thread for that, so I won't derail this discussion of TW.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Worst game mode in the game by a significant margin. I would be happy if it went away all together. I don't even care about the zetas at this point.
  • Don’t like it. I’d prefer to have TB instead, even without zeta mats added on TB. Or more challenging events (like Assault and Heroic Battles, additional tiers on Omega battles, recurring Marquee events).