Why can't I choose my enemy on the Arena in the first slot?

Prev1
I don't know when it began, but I seem to have lost the right to choose the strongest possible enemy on the Arena. Whenever I click the refresh button, I see the players in the second and the third slots (in the center and on the left) rotate whereas the player in the right field doesn't change anymore. So, if they are too strong for me, I can do nothing to move forward faster.

THIS SUCKS. I want my right to choose the stronger enemies myself. I don't know the principle why that person was chosen for me, nor haven't seen anything where this new "feature" would be explained.

This demotivates and leaves me frustrated. The Arena is tough enough without such "improvements".

And this happens right after I completed the survey and said that everything was okay. It's not okay anymore. This sucks. Those who came up with this suck.

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Well nice rant and all but this was communicated multiple times....

The mid two change and you can choose that way and the first slot is the highest possible position you can jump.
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    God, I'm so ****, I can't wait till someone responds.

Whenever I need to make it into Top 200, it's sometimes important to be able to choose the strongest character you can hit. If they're fixed, I'm cut off from my aim.

And when they are level with you and you want to finally challenge them, it turnes out that "there's a mistake" - someone is fighting with them right now. So what? I can't refresh to choose another one, I need to wait or choose someone else at the position I don't want. Before the payout time, it **** me off.

You asked how to improve the quality of life, you have made it so much worse...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    alikssepia wrote: »
    I don't know when it began, but I seem to have lost the right to choose the strongest possible enemy on the Arena. .

judging by your comment, i don't believe you've actually seen the strongest possible opponent on your leaderboard.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    I don't know when it began, but I seem to have lost the right to choose the strongest possible enemy on the Arena. .

judging by your comment, i don't believe you've actually seen the strongest possible opponent on your leaderboard.

Well, that's funny :)

Still I think you got what I'm talking about. The strongest available to me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    long story short, the change is a huge help for top50 players and not that much of a unconvenience for lower ranked players.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't know when it began, but I seem to have lost the right to choose the strongest possible enemy on the Arena. Whenever I click the refresh button, I see the players in the second and the third slots (in the center and on the left) rotate whereas the player in the right field doesn't change anymore. So, if they are too strong for me, I can do nothing to move forward faster.

The enemy on the right—most slot IS the highest ranking enemy, you can target. Having it appear staticaly in that slot actually HELPS you climb faster. Even if the opponent rotated in that slot too, there was no way at all to choose a higher ranking opponent — not in a million refreshes.

This is what Foxer tried to explain, yet you kept ranting. I tried explaining the same, using different words. Let's see if it works.
  • leef wrote: »
    long story short, the change is a huge help for top50 players and not that much of a unconvenience for lower ranked players.

Seems like you're in the top 50 as you don't care about the inconvenience for the thousands of other players.
    Waqui wrote: »
    The enemy on the right—most slot IS the highest ranking enemy, you can target. Having it appear staticaly in that slot actually HELPS you climb faster. Even if the opponent rotated in that slot too, there was no way at all to choose a higher ranking opponent — not in a million refreshes.

Well, I had no issues with finding my max jump - just a few refreshes to get the idea. Was surprised that Top 50 players had an issue with that considering how small is the span of available enemies offered to them.

What I saw in the previous versions of the game was that the second panel only offered a medium improvement of my position, no chance to get closer to the max jump. IF the second panel lets me as close to the max jump as one less, then phew...
    This is what Foxer tried to explain, yet you kept ranting.

Sorry, I didn't see their comment when I posted my second one.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    Well nice rant and all but this was communicated multiple times....

The mid two change and you can choose that way and the first slot is the highest possible position you can jump.

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not spending here much time to be able to tell if that was communicated many times. I looked through the topics in this section, and "Squad Arena Glitch" didn't seem like the topic concerning the issue I was about to report.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Seems like you're in the top 50 as you don't care about the inconvenience for the thousands of other players.

Squad yes, fleet no. Fact of the matter is that it is a relatively small iconvenience for those thousands of players, while it is a relatively large improvement for top 50 players. (i'd argue that it's an improvement for everyone, but not everyone has the same view as i do)
    Well, I had no issues with finding my max jump - just a few refreshes to get the idea. Was surprised that Top 50 players had an issue with that considering how small is the span of available enemies offered to them.

How sure are you that you actually found the max jump?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Waqui wrote: »

My guess is, that often you didn't find your max jump, but simply found a high jump close enough to max, and that you were satisfied with that, and then stopped refreshing.
  • This change is a terrible detriment to the great majority of players.
    Why can I not pick the teams I want to fight?
    No matter how many times I refresh, I get the same choice.
    Some teams I can beat, some I cannot.
    I would like to choose which teams I fight.
    If you are not satisfied with the max jump, refresh as many times as you want.
    But, please, please please developers give us back our freedom of choice!!
    Plus, if i lose, i just get to play the same team again!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    MemphisDoc wrote: »
    This change is a terrible detriment to the great majority of players.

What you're experiencing sounds like a bug, or you're just complaining without actually paying attention. Only the panel on the right has a "fixed" opponent (wich alllows you to jump the maximum amount of ranks).
  • MemphisDoc wrote: »

You do realize that there are two other options to pick to fight right. . .
  • Yes the right slot is what I am talking about; all three slots should change with each refresh.
  • No slots should be "fixed".
    No slots should be "fixed".

Nope, you can pick whatever you like with the mid and left, the right is static to the max jump from your spot, it's a massive improvement ,
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No slots should be "fixed".

why not? you don't want to jump the max amount of ranks and always have that option avialable?
  • No I want to choose which team i fight by the team and not the rank.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No I want to choose which team i fight by the team and not the rank.

and 2 panels aren't enough to chose from?
  • No, not if I want to improve my rank. Ideally 6 or 8 or 10 would be even better, but at least having three new choices every refresh is the next best thing. Maximum jumps are well known, so if you want the absolute highest maximum jump, just keep refreshing! @leef
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Most requested feature on the forums=loads of people upset

There's nothing the developers can do here without making someone upset.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

This change solved a problem. It works. You can still pick exactly which team you want. Your claim that you get the same choices no matter how often you refresh is a lie.

You have the whole range from the minimum jump to the maximum jump to choose from. Your freedom of choice is intact.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    No, not if I want to improve my rank. Ideally 6 or 8 or 10 would be even better, but at least having three new choices every refresh is the next best thing. Maximum jumps are well known, so if you want the absolute highest maximum jump, just keep refreshing! @leef

It took more refreshes to get to the maximum possible jump before than it takes refreshes to get the teams in between that you seem to be able to beat now. More people are usually trying to go as far up as possible in arena than are not. Why don't you just keep refreshing @MemphisDoc?

• This change solved a problem. It works. You can still pick exactly which team you want. Your claim that you get the same choices no matter how often you refresh is a lie.

You have the whole range from the minimum jump to the maximum jump to choose from. Your freedom of choice is intact.
    [/quote]

no I do not have a choice in the third window, it is always the same
    No, not if I want to improve my rank. Ideally 6 or 8 or 10 would be even better, but at least having three new choices every refresh is the next best thing. Maximum jumps are well known, so if you want the absolute highest maximum jump, just keep refreshing! @leef

By the same token, . . .you can keep refreshing the two panels until you find your dream desired match also.

The mid panel will refresh up to one,less then the max jump, .as such. , ,your freedom of choice to choose any enemy is just a refresh or two away.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

no I do not have a choice in the third window, it is always the same
    just refresh more, the one you want to attack eventually shows up in the middle window.

By the same token, . . .you can keep refreshing the two panels until you find your dream desired match also.

The mid panel will refresh up to one,less then the max jump, .as such. , ,your freedom of choice to choose any enemy is just a refresh or two away.

No the middle panel is 10-20 less than the right one, no matter how many refreshes.

No the middle panel is 10-20 less than the right one, no matter how many refreshes.

If you say so, most everyone else has reported differently
  • Worst thing is if I lose, I have to play the same team all over again.
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    Worst thing is if I lose, I have to play the same team all over again.

Or choose a team from the other two panels that you can beat.