Why can't I choose my enemy on the Arena in the first slot?

2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    MemphisDoc wrote: »
    No, not if I want to improve my rank. Ideally 6 or 8 or 10 would be even better, but at least having three new choices every refresh is the next best thing. Maximum jumps are well known, so if you want the absolute highest maximum jump, just keep refreshing! @leef

By the same token, . . .you can keep refreshing the two panels until you find your dream desired match also.

The mid panel will refresh up to one,less then the max jump, .as such. , ,your freedom of choice to choose any enemy is just a refresh or two away.

No the middle panel is 10-20 less than the right one, no matter how many refreshes.

i'm curious, how many refreshes did you roughly do to come to that conclusion? 10, 20, 50, 100, 200?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 50 times on three different occasions today, as a trial.
    leef wrote: »
    No, not if I want to improve my rank. Ideally 6 or 8 or 10 would be even better, but at least having three new choices every refresh is the next best thing. Maximum jumps are well known, so if you want the absolute highest maximum jump, just keep refreshing! @leef

By the same token, . . .you can keep refreshing the two panels until you find your dream desired match also.

The mid panel will refresh up to one,less then the max jump, .as such. , ,your freedom of choice to choose any enemy is just a refresh or two away.

No the middle panel is 10-20 less than the right one, no matter how many refreshes.

i'm curious, how many refreshes did you roughly do to come to that conclusion? 10, 20, 50, 100, 200?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018

no I do not have a choice in the third window, it is always the same

Stop being silly. You still have the exact same range of choices as you always did. If you claim otherwise, you're false. The only change is that all but the highest possible jump now appear in two windows only and not three. The whole range is still available.
  • I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

You can use that when you and someone else have different opinions.

You can't use it when you're just wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

So, you disagree, that you still have the exact same range of choices available to you as you always did?
  • Thank you for your opinion, @TVF.
    An opinion, by definition, cannot be right or wrong.
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    Thank you for your opinion, @TVF.
    An opinion, by definition, cannot be right or wrong.

Yes, but you're wrong about how the panels are working, so you don't have an opinion in this case.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member

Sorry but no what you said

Is completely wrong. The left and middle panel will show any rank in between your current rank and the rank in the right panel with enough refreshes. This can be hard to see depending on your rank and how far you are actually able to jump but I have tested it and it's true.
  • Darthpedro wrote: »

Is completely wrong. The left and middle panel will show any rank in between your current rank and the rank in the right panel with enough refreshes. This can be hard to see depending on your rank and how far you are actually able to jump but I have tested it and it's true.

I have tested it with 150 refreshes over three different ranks, and the middle panel never comes closer than 10 ranks to the right one.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I tested it yesterday from rank 213 my max jump was 179 and in the left panel I could get as high as 212 and in the middle I could get as low as 180. All those squads in between current rank and max jump are available in the first 2 panels.

Edit: on another note @Kyno any way all these threads about the new arena refresh sysyem can get merged together
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    50 times on three different occasions today, as a trial.
    leef wrote: »

Right, what if i told you that those 150 refreshes are less than the average needed refreshes to get from 27 to 20? Then you're still only a 20, from 20 > 14 and from 14 > 9 usually also require a hefty amount of refreshes.
    Also, since you only did 150 refreshes, i don't think you can actually rule out the possibilty of the middle panel being less than 10 ranks lower than the right panel.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »

I have tested it with 150 refreshes over three different ranks, and the middle panel never comes closer than 10 ranks to the right one.

Stop being silly. I just checked on an old alt account. Highest reachable rank (right—most window) was 252. Middle started out at 261. At second refresh the middle was 257. At sixth refresh it was 254. I call **** on your 150 refreshes and none closer than 10 ranks. You and I may disagree on wether the change was good or bad, and that's fair enough, but your lies are outright pathetic.
  • MemphisDoc wrote: »
    This change is a terrible detriment to the great majority of players.
    Why can I not pick the teams I want to fight?
    No matter how many times I refresh, I get the same choice.
    Some teams I can beat, some I cannot.
    I would like to choose which teams I fight.
    If you are not satisfied with the max jump, refresh as many times as you want.
    But, please, please please developers give us back our freedom of choice!!
    Plus, if i lose, i just get to play the same team again!!

Because they (the players) have been asking for the ability to face the highest ranked opponent they could, instead of hitting the refresh button a million times, for as long as I have been playing the game.

• Definitely within 10!
    Darthpedro wrote: »

gniu21a96r8k.jpg