Nerf the Ackbar CHALLENGE (Not the 7 star event)

Prev1
Nuff said

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    No
  • Options
    +1 on Yes. Darthpedro, just because you got lucky and were probably able to take advantage of the “no reinforce” bug doesn’t mean you have to rain on all of our parades.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    +1 on Yes. Darthpedro, just because you got lucky and were probably able to take advantage of the “no reinforce” bug doesn’t mean you have to rain on all of our parades.

I completed it without taking advantage of that bug and my Fleet was/is very bad, especially my pilots. Yeah, it took a lot of tries, but it's completely doable. I think it doesn't need to be "nerfed" .
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Do tell...share your fleet, cause I’m working with all 7*, one 6* ship, Crew g9-11 and get my butt handed to me. You say it took many many tries, so what that basically means is that it came down to RNG for you. Which is basically what everyone else has been saying. Something like this shouldn’t come down to pure RNG, there should be a viable strategy.
  • Options
    Nope,

It depends on your fleet, and from what I see, using Phoenix makes it harder.
  • Options
    As much as I would love this, it's the same difficulty for everyone so nobody is particularly advantaged/disadvantaged by it.

The Ackbar challenge is my white whale right now and I'm only trying to 5* it!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Nope,

Phoenix ships account for 1/3 of all possible Rebel ships, HO is the Rebel cap ship. If Phoenix doesn’t work with HO for the challenge, that would seem to imply something is broken.

Even HO 5* suffered from the same issue but to a lesser degree. It took me months after finishing Tarkin and Mace 5* to be able to get that one. And then I immediately went and finished Chimaera 5* right after, no problem.

• TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Nope,

Phoenix ships account for 1/3 of all possible Rebel ships, HO is the Rebel cap ship. If Phoenix doesn’t work with HO for the challenge, that would seem to imply something is broken.

All LS ships are eligible for the HO challenge, not just Rebel ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nope,

Even HO 5* suffered from the same issue but to a lesser degree. It took me months after finishing Tarkin and Mace 5* to be able to get that one. And then I immediately went and finished Chimaera 5* right after, no problem.

Sorry, bud, Phoenix might be rebel, but they were not in game when the challenges were built. Folks that beat home one used other ships, and frankly the Phoenix ships are good for getting chimaera , and that's it. They are not good options for the home one challenge.

So there is nothin broken, there is not an implication of broken anything, you are using inferior ships for the task when you go the Phoenix route , and that is based on reports I have had ever since Phoenix ships came out. Try using other useful LS ships, cuz as @TVF mentioned, you can use ALL LS ships, not just rebels.. . . .
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I’m well aware that you can use other ships. My point is that it seems to go against the “spirit” of the challenge. And sure, you can just say kitten the spirit, you’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t think it’s off base to believe that there should be a way for Rebel ships to complete the Rebel cap ship challenge.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nope,

True but irrelevant. The point is that they're rebel ships which don't synergise with the rebel fleet commander.
  • Options
    I’m well aware that you can use other ships. My point is that it seems to go against the “spirit” of the challenge. And sure, you can just say **** the spirit, you’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t think it’s off base to believe that there should be a way for Rebel ships to complete the Rebel cap ship challenge.

Shrug, it's doable I suppose. And lmko, the spirit huh. . . Nice, Well if you want to use an inferior setup to try win a challenge, good luck and have at it.

I'm sure there is a way, and eventually it will be done, is it worth it, that's the eye of the beholder. As for practical, . . . .

Most times folks want to use efficient and effective comps, you know, like healers , for example, which makes a world of difference, kinda like bring the right tools to the battle, while you can eventually for a square peg in a round hole after bashing it enough that it deforms, there are much better ways to get there.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Nope,

True but irrelevant. The point is that they're rebel ships which don't synergise with the rebel fleet commander.

Ah ok. I better stop using Biggs in my Tarkin fleet then.

Point is you use whatever is most effective, regardless of synergy.
  • Darth_Bruh
    75 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This event seems to rely on having someone to dispel the taunt, and I'm pretty sure that that's Umbaran and Ahsoka. It's a fancy kitten that you have to farm 2 specific ships for an event that implies that all light side ships work.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    @TVF

I'm not disagreeing with you there but your original post was irrelevant to the post you were replying to.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    If you say so.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Most times folks want to use efficient and effective comps, you know, like healers , for example, which makes a world of difference, kinda like bring the right tools to the battle, while you can eventually for a square peg in a round hole after bashing it enough that it deforms, there are much better ways to get there.

And I’m saying it’s less about what I’m bringing to the table and more about the 440k-750k HP in ARCs alone that the challenge brings to the table, depending on how lucky you get with reinforcements, that vastly outweighs any other ship-based challenge out there.

6* Home One challenge starting HP/Prot, somewhere around 645k?

6* Endurance challenge starting HP/Prot, somewhere around 458k?

Add to the 40% hp difference the ability to rotate the taunt, and recovery on almost every unit.

It’s grossly overpowered compared to the other challenges.

ETA - based stats on swgoh.gg stats for the ship at max, assuming that’s where all challenges would be. I assume percentages scale similarly if they’re not.
  • Options

And I’m saying it’s less about what I’m bringing to the table and more about the 440k-750k HP in ARCs alone that the challenge brings to the table, depending on how lucky you get with reinforcements, that vastly outweighs any other ship-based challenge out there.

6* Home One challenge starting HP/Prot, somewhere around 645k?

6* Endurance challenge starting HP/Prot, somewhere around 458k?

Add to the 40% hp difference the ability to rotate the taunt, and recovery on almost every unit.

It’s grossly overpowered compared to the other challenges.

ETA - based stats on swgoh.gg stats for the ship at max, assuming that’s where all challenges would be. I assume percentages scale similarly if they’re not.

Which gets right back to bring the right tools for the job lol. And as I mentioned, simply because you wish to have Phoenix as good for this challenge as other ships are, which they aren't, doesn't mean that there is an issue.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    I finally got the sixth star when I moved the two Phoenix ships out. Takes time, skill, the right tools, and patience. Have all of the above and you'll eventually get it.
  • Options

I've tried this event over 200 times or so. No luck. Here is my makeup. I stopped using Ghost and Phantom btw.

Ghost - 7 * lvl 85 - power 37119 - Ship abilities maxed
    Hera - 7* Gr 10- crew pwr 6
    Kana - 7* Gr 8 - crew pwr 4
    Garazeb - 7* Gr 8 - crew power 4
    Biggss Xwing - 7* lvl 85 - pwr 32919 - ship abilities maxed
    Biggs - 7* lvl 85 gr 10 - crew pwr 6
    Wedge Xwing - 7* lvl 85 - pwr 32815 - ship abilities maxed
    Wedge - 7* lvl 85 gr 9 - crew pwr 5
    Ahsoka Starfighter - 7* lvl 85 - pwr 31148 - Ship abilities maxed
    Ahsoka - 7* lvl 85 gr 9 - crew pwr 5
    Resis. Xwing 7* lvl 85 - pwr 30502 - Ship abilities maxed
    Res Pilot - 7* lvl 85 gr 9 -crew pwr 5
    Umbaran 7* lvl 85 - pwr 29159 - ship ablitlites maxed
    ct-5555 fives - 7* lvl 85 gr 9 - crew power 5
    Jedi Consular - 7* lvl 85 - pwr 28952 - ship ablitites maxed
    Jedi Cons.- 7* lvl 85 gr 8 - crew pwr 4

Home One - 5* lvl 85- pwr 27073 - ship ablitities maxed
    Ackbar - 7* lvl 85 gr 9 - crew pwr 5

I have phantom maxed similar to Ghost. The closest I have reached is getting rid of rex, jc and ahsoko but Mace keeps reinforcing and clone sergeant's ships have too much protection to overcome at that point. Good point is that at my star ship levels and toons, Tarkin and Mace events were easy to overcome. Ackbar is seriously screwed or something.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nope,

Phoenix has a great buff for your whole fleet for extra damage, great debuffs for your current kill target, an AoE attack which can do pretty much damage when buffed and stealthed and can inflict 1—2 target locks. What's not to like?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Nope,

Phoenix has a great buff for your whole fleet for extra damage, great debuffs for your current kill target, an AoE attack which can do pretty much damage when buffed and stealthed and can inflict 1—2 target locks. What's not to like?

Personally. I'm indifferent, I took care of the home one challenge over a year ago. But, from guildmates, they seem to have a harder time using Phoenix versus using other ships. Hence, why I said from what I have seen, Phoenix makes it harder.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a challenge, but not at all unbeatable. My alt just beat it in 5th attempt with the following starting lineup:

Home One: 5*, 72 ship — 7*, g7, 75 commander
    Biggs: 7*, 85 ship — 7*, g11, 85 pilot
    Wedge: 7*, 85 ship — 7*, g11, 85 pilot
    Ghost: 6*, 80 ship
    Phantom: 6*, 80 ship
    JC: 7*, 84 ship — 7*, g8, 85 pilot

Replacements:
    Ahsoka: 5*, 80 ship — 7*, g8, 80 pilot
    Falcon: 5*, 80 ship — 4*, g8, 65 Finn, 7*, g8, 72 Rey

Phoenix pilots are mostly 7* g8—10 with Chopper at 6* and Sabine at 5*

I had previously failed several times with 5* Ghost/Phantom and level 70 Home One.

I learned, that ligning Home One's ultimate up with the fleet—wide crit buff and then doing special attacks works great.

Keep upgrading your ships and pilots, and you will eventually succeed.

My profile on swgoh.gg didn't update yet. Only difference is a level 72 Home One (now at 6*):

https://swgoh.gg/u/fakir/ships/?f=Light Side
  • Options
    Yes, it's a challenge, but not at all unbeatable. My alt just beat it in 5th attempt with the following starting lineup:

Replacements:

I had previously failed several times with 5* Ghost/Phantom and level 70 Home One.

I learned, that ligning Home One's ultimate up with the fleet—wide crit buff and then doing special attacks works great.

My profile on swgoh.gg didn't update yet. Only difference is a level 72 Home One (now at 6*):

This is almost identical, like 99%, to what I’m running and I’ve logged probably 30-40 attempts manually and another 20-30 auto...so...guess you got the better end of the RNG on that one...
  • Options

Replacements:

Yeah, you just hit the RNG jackpot... Congratulations.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »

Replacements:

Yeah, you just hit the RNG jackpot... Congratulations.

... or maybe I simply figured out how to align buffs/debuffs with using my highest damaging abilities? Maybe I just found the better kill order? Maybe I just moved my strongest mods to my LS pilots for this event (giving many ships 1.5k—2k higher power). Maybe I experienced that each of the above helped me towards besting the battle?
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Maybe I just moved my strongest mods to my LS pilots for this event

Irrelevant. The only thing that matters on mods for pilots/ships is that they are 5 dot level 15.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I just moved my strongest mods to my LS pilots for this event

Irrelevant. The only thing that matters on mods for pilots/ships is that they are 5 dot level 15.

Come on, @TVF! You know me better than this. We often comment on the same threads. Of course I know this. :—)

I guarantee you, that it was not at all irrelevant to move mods. Before the move, pilots, which I normally don't use, had 3 dot mods at best.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    (However, come to think about it, the claimed 1.5k to 2k GP increase was the total increase — pilot + ship)
  • Options

... or maybe I simply figured out how to align buffs/debuffs with using my highest damaging abilities? Maybe I just found the better kill order? Maybe I just moved my strongest mods to my LS pilots for this event (giving many ships 1.5k—2k higher power). Maybe I experienced that each of the above helped me towards besting the battle?

You know, I never thought of any of this...jk, sure I have.

I realized after I posted that someone was just going to come back with “well your strat just sucks man”... I do have some self-doubt, but I like to think that regularly punching 40-50k above my power in arena with this exact config means that I have some semblance of an idea of what I’m doing and how to use these ships.

I’m modded up, I’ve tried various orders, etc and am still not having any luck. So please, enlighten me?