Darth Sion.. bugged or WAI

Prev1
I just fought a Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus, Sith Trooper, Sion team in the arean. All were gear 12, and I assume had Zetas. I killed everyone except Sion, so it was 5 on 1. Sion got his 'Held by hatred' buff up, so when I killed him he revived. When he revived he cast Held by Hatred and Torment immediately before I got to move. So I killed him again before he got another move. He revived and used both skills again. This went on until the arena timer ran down... I killed him at least 5 times and each time both skills were off cooldown. Darth Sion never got a turn except those that came up when I killed him.

Is that WAI? I don't see how he was able to use an ability with a 15 turn cooldown every time he revived. He was landing a couple of pains each cycle, so that reduces the cooldown a little, but not 15 turns. What am I missing?

Replies

• c1ever_pun
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    His cool down decreases everytime he inflicts pain, he inflicts pain everytime he is damaged, therefore everytime you hit him you're decreasing his cooldown
  • Options
    On the plus side, you’ve made a very strong argument for me to zeta Sion
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

His zeta is amazing. Do it.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

Do it, no regrets for me.

@OP Did it take you 10 hits to kill him after each revive? Assuming Torment landed 5 instances of pain, it would still take 10 hits and 10 extra applications of Pain to reduce his CD. (And it’s a little unlucky that none of your characters resisted the Pain)
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    That's what u get if u don't targeted sion first.. so annoying :expressionless:
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    what was your team

while it is feasible for held by hatred to be ready immediately even against a 1 v 5, it's rather unlikely. Especially since you're saying he shot off torments. Unless he was stunned or some of your people resisted some of the pain from torment
  • CoolAndFresh
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Do it, no regrets for me.

@OP Did it take you 10 hits to kill him after each revive? Assuming Torment landed 5 instances of pain, it would still take 10 hits and 10 extra applications of Pain to reduce his CD. (And it’s a little unlucky that none of your characters resisted the Pain)

my team was CLS, Chirrut, Baze, Thrawn, R2D2, all G12.

It may have taken 10 hits to kill him each time, he was pretty beefy. I was stunning him too, in answer to HK666. My team is all quite fast and he wasn't very fast, so I could easily have gotten 10 hits in before he attacked.

Also, he was only landing 2-3 pains each time he revived, and chirrut was putting tenacity up on my team, but from what I am reading reviewing his skills, that didn't actually matter because he cleanses my team before inflicting pain, and I can't tell if having tenacity up prevents the 'Lord of Pain' skill from reducing Held By Hatred's cooldown each time one of my units attacks.

All in all, seems like a pretty ridiculous mechanic to me. Maybe I'd love it if he was on my squad, but it felt like a bug playing against it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    He either needs to be killed early or ability blocked and ignored. If he gets CLSed and Wiggsed and Han-ned early he can be killed quickly. If he dies early I almost always lose.

I dont think he is OP as I lose plenty. But he gets stronger as the fight goes on. I was very unimpressed before his zeta, but his Lord of Pain zeta makes him very strong. I have him at 4* and love him.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    He either needs to be killed early or ability blocked and ignored. If he gets CLSed and Wiggsed and Han-ned early he can be killed quickly. If he dies early I almost always lose.

I dont think he is OP as I lose plenty. But he gets stronger as the fight goes on. I was very unimpressed before his zeta, but his Lord of Pain zeta makes him very strong. I have him at 4* and love him.

****. it was a toss up for me, sion zeta or EP crackling doom. I chose wrong!

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    He's pretty squishy at 4*, I almost never have him last long enough to get held by hatred up.

My 4* g11 has 77-85k health/prot depending on which mods I put on him. How much does yours have?
    There is a guy in my arena top 10 that has him at 3* and modded for Crit chance and crit damage. That is unexpected. 2016 shard.
  • Options
    I have him at 4* and if the enemy doesn't target him immediately... I win. If he goes early... it's a toss-up. If him AND EP go early, I almost always lose.

At any rate, Sion has made Arena fun for me after months (years, maybe?) of me begrudgingly dealing with it just to complete my dailies. Arena was the GoH's equivalent to brushing my teeth—I'll do it daily, but only because I have to. Seeing ONLY CLS teams for months and months made me cry. And cry. And cry. Now, I see CLS, JTR, GK and EP teams, along with the occasional NS team. Having a variety of ways to win in Arena is never a bad thing. And knowing is half the battle.

I need more cold medicine. Or less. I forget.
  • Options
    He's pretty squishy at 4*, I almost never have him last long enough to get held by hatred up.

My 4* g11 has 77-85k health/prot depending on which mods I put on him. How much does yours have?
    There is a guy in my arena top 10 that has him at 3* and modded for Crit chance and crit damage. That is unexpected. 2016 shard.

Having 80k health/prot means nothing if he has low armor/resistance, Sion needs to be tanky in a competitive shard, and at 4* he won't work at all.
  • Options
    The last few palp teams in my top 20 switched to sith trooper over 7* sion. Im out of the top 100 now with sion, gonna have to switch back to GK. Waste of a zeta.

Use both. I don’t have Thrawn yet so I use the original nightmare team. I’m top 20 in my shard and I’m still a week away from putting a zeta on Sion.
  • Options
    Sion is definitely bugged or the description of his ability is wrong. He can Rez indefinitely since Immediately upon rezzing he can cast held by hatred again which suppose to be a 15 turn cooldown.

One other thing to mention is this does not occur if non of your characters have pain. If just one does he get to instantly cast held by hatred again
  • Foehammer007
    100 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Also note that this cast of held by hatred is the next action right after he rezzes. So no chance to reduce the cool down should occur.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Also note that this cast of held by hatred is the next action right after he rezzes. So no chance to reduce the cool down should occur.

His cooldown does not restart or reset. But he cant do it every time he falls to zero. Just depends where his cooldown is when he "dies" (although he does not techinically die when he has the buff) so his cooldown remwins where it was. His AI could use some work as sometimes he casts it when he already has it just to heal himself 10%.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I've done some thinking on whether or not to use Held by Hatred when it would just be a heal/cleanse because if they couldn't kill you in the first 15 pains applied they probably won't in the second 15 while it's on CD

and, he gets a cleanse, a heal, and most importantly reduces his cooldowns so he can get his abilities out sooner
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    I've done some thinking on whether or not to use Held by Hatred when it would just be a heal/cleanse because if they couldn't kill you in the first 15 pains applied they probably won't in the second 15 while it's on CD

and, he gets a cleanse, a heal, and most importantly reduces his cooldowns so he can get his abilities out sooner

Didnt think about that. Hm...

Man I love Sion. Like his Model, like his mechanic. He is like a weaker GK at the start of the fight and turns into a weaker CLS with a taunt once he gets Hatred. He is just fun to play. A guy on my 2016 shard in top 20 has a 3* Sion modded for full Crit Damage and crit chance. If my math is right he can have 40k-ish crits against someone with pain modded that way. Maybe harder when he gets offense up from Palp. Runs him with Sith Trooper as main Tank.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Options
    I just put a zeta on my 3* G11 Sion. Will update how it goes
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    pinkfloyd wrote: »

Having 80k health/prot means nothing if he has low armor/resistance, Sion needs to be tanky in a competitive shard, and at 4* he won't work at all.

My 4 star works just fine get top5 everyday would get 1 but in a rotation. On a early shard been playing since game launch so he definitely works on a competitive shard. I just recently switched too rex lead sion Dn Wampa Thrawn and its very good beats everything all standing and beats nightmare on full auto.
  • Options
    I am sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just had the same thing happen to me and I am not convinced by the clarity of the explanation that was given. Sion's multiple resurrections has never happened to me before and it almost seems like cheating. I had him 5 v 1 with my droid team, he had the held by hatred tag so I was anticipating he would be revived, this was not a worry, I had 5 hard hitting characters who would finish him off, all of my toons already had the red skull above their heads so as far as I am concerned there is nothing in the description which says taking damage from someone with the red skull reduces the Cooldown, it only says that administration of the red skull reduces the cool down. I hit him, again and again and again, he freezes, I keep hitting him, how he isn't dead I don't know, he unfreezes and I keep hitting him, then despite R2D2 having an 80% chance to stun when soon is about to die and fill his turn bar he doesn't stun him so he gets the auto-revive perk and the cycle starts again, repeat this 3 or 4 times until the timer times down and it's a draw. I wish I swgoh automatically videod all of your battles because when I tried to replicate it and video it I kept losing this wasting my 5 goes in the squad arena. Not too happy and still struggling to understand how he a 15 turn Cooldown can be reset to 0 after one go of being frozen.
  • Options
    Ddraig81 wrote: »
    I am sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just had the same thing happen to me and I am not convinced by the clarity of the explanation that was given. Sion's multiple resurrections has never happened to me before and it almost seems like cheating. I had him 5 v 1 with my droid team, he had the held by hatred tag so I was anticipating he would be revived, this was not a worry, I had 5 hard hitting characters who would finish him off, all of my toons already had the red skull above their heads so as far as I am concerned there is nothing in the description which says taking damage from someone with the red skull reduces the Cooldown, it only says that administration of the red skull reduces the cool down. I hit him, again and again and again, he freezes, I keep hitting him, how he isn't dead I don't know, he unfreezes and I keep hitting him, then despite R2D2 having an 80% chance to stun when soon is about to die and fill his turn bar he doesn't stun him so he gets the auto-revive perk and the cycle starts again, repeat this 3 or 4 times until the timer times down and it's a draw. I wish I swgoh automatically videod all of your battles because when I tried to replicate it and video it I kept losing this wasting my 5 goes in the squad arena. Not too happy and still struggling to understand how he a 15 turn Cooldown can be reset to 0 after one go of being frozen.

His unique zeta applies pain to the attacker when sion is attacked. If you attack sion 15 times his cooldown will reset.
  • Options
    I run cls, chewie, han, R2, OB and usually left sion for last... With cls/han and chewie assists sion dont usually revives more than 1 time...
  • Options
    How can he apply pain to someone who already has it? Surely if they already have pain, he is not applying it? (I am assuming pain is the red skull above their head) Therefore leading to my confusion.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It still counts as being applied.
  • Options
    Liath is correct. Each time an enemy attacks Sion, he attempts to re-apply Pain (depending on potency/tenacity resist checks). You can't have multiple stacks of it at the same time, so think of it as deleting the old Pain and putting a new Pain on top of it. The duration (3 turns I think?) will also reset to 3 more turns.
  • Options
    That is a pain. It's kind of like cheating that it just times down the clock while he keeps resurrecting. It happened to me again just now and now I know which user it is I know which battle to video when I attack him, although pointless videoing it now as it has been explained.