Minimum STR Requirements

ScoPi
54 posts Member
edited April 2018
I'm part of a 120mil GP guild with 15 JTR atm, and we're wondering how far off STR is. Looking for a minimum of essential (likely G12, but I won't parse that yet) teams.

For those that have completed STR I'd love for you to fill this out. (I'm anxiously awaiting the results of Li Mu Bai's 126mil guild later this week, although they have 41 JTR)

Minimums so far:
Guild GP - 137mil
# JTR - 37
# Troopers (-DT) - 30
# ZPhoenix - 2
# Chex Mix - 30
# NS - 5

Creative things I've missed -
loads of phoenix just not zphoenix
Post edited by ScoPi on

Replies

• About 30 JTR off. Lol
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    First clear:

GP 137 million ( and only 49 in guild)
    JTR-37 - but a number with few Zeta and low gear.
    Phoenix - loads but only 2 with enough zetas to count a zPhoenix
    Troopers/chexmix 30 ish.
    NS/ 5 excellent. Everyone else working on them.

But that doesn't tell the whole story. The teams you've listed make the backbone. But if you look around you can find other teams that can make up for lack of Phoenix.

Turukano
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    The lowest I've seen reported is 131m on the forum and 132m on reddit. Will be watching the topic interestedly. We are 126m with 31 jtrs and will start/fail a heroic tomorrow just to see where we are.
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    If those are maxed JTR teams able to avg 7% each in p1 you can do it with 31. If not you'll need s lot of p2 filler so may take a while to work on such as Phoenix and sith. P3 is a frustration but once it works it goes quickly. P4 focus on dn.
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    The lowest I've seen reported is 131m on the forum and 132m on reddit. Will be watching the topic interestedly. We are 126m with 31 jtrs and will start/fail a heroic tomorrow just to see where we are.

Best of luck! I've been disappointed how gated Heroic seems by the JTR teams, to the point where it looks like no one even cares to throw anyone else at P1. And since our lower GP means less overall kitchen sink for P4 it will mean your run shows a lot more efficiency than the big guns.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    ScoPi wrote: »

Best of luck! I've been disappointed how gated Heroic seems by the JTR teams, to the point where it looks like no one even cares to throw anyone else at P1. And since our lower GP means less overall kitchen sink for P4 it will mean your run shows a lot more efficiency than the big guns.

Thanks! We are quite disorganised these days due to people being weary of tier 5-6 and many registers 0/low scores. Hope they get it together when the real duty calls. This is just a test run we think we'll surely fail but will report back either way.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Discouraging news; with almost 1 day into the raid we depleted our stock of 25 raised jtr. 10 people including me did sub %4 damage. So %25 was left on it. We want to play p2 and possibly p3, so we started throwing in p4 teams. Nothing seems to work. I'll edit if there's further news.

At 15 jtrs don't even think about it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Discouraging news; with almost 1 day into the raid we depleted our stock of 25 raised jtr. 10 people including me did sub %4 damage. So %25 was left on it. We want to play p2 and possibly p3, so we started throwing in p4 teams. Nothing seems to work. I'll edit if there's further news.

At 15 jtrs don't even think about it.

we experienced the same thing, first attempt we didnt even clear p1. 2nd attempt it was "easier", got through p1 with 17 (iirc) JTR teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Bummer guys, but, THANK YOU. This is the real data I've been interested in seeing. I've heard from more than enough guilds who cleared with 40 JTR tell me "it's just math." Unfortunately, when you're expecting JTR to a) clear 5+% on average and b) clean up additional damage in other phases, it's hard to believe that the math is anything other than theoretical.

That being said, I'm still excited to hear about new 120-130mil groups who attempt and hopefully succeed in HSTR!
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    we experienced the same thing, first attempt we didnt even clear p1. 2nd attempt it was "easier", got through p1 with 17 (iirc) JTR teams.

Did you clear the whole raid entire way 2nd time?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ScoPi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Did you clear the whole raid entire way 2nd time?

nope, stranded in p3.
    It's still good practice imo, mostly because good T6 teams aren't necessarily good heroic teams. We're probably gonna fail atleast one more time before we're able to clear heroic.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    121M guild. check the details on reddit

fkTMpAO.jpg
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    121M guild. check the details on reddit

I saw!

Looks like it was a mini-merge that ended up with 29 JTR; 21 in P1 and 8ish in P2. Awesome to see that bar getting lowered although GP doesn't seem to be the real bar atm.

Edit: swgoh.gg has them at 39 JTR atm so probably really just a targeted GP merge more than low GP guild
    Post edited by ScoPi on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Did you try any other teams in phase 1? Ive a feeling that a guild like yours either needs more jtr or a breakthrouh in phase 1.

Zeta farm boy Luke?

Thermal detonators?

Thrawn magmatrooper and deathtrooper +other troopers.

Do any of these work well in heroic? I've seen them doing in excess of 2 million in lower tier raids but do they work at all in heroic?

Yes I know you might need these characters in later tiers but I reckon phase 1 is most likely to be the big problem.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    Did you try any other teams in phase 1? Ive a feeling that a guild like yours either needs more jtr or a breakthrouh in phase 1.

Zeta farm boy Luke?

Thermal detonators?

Thrawn magmatrooper and deathtrooper +other troopers.

Do any of these work well in heroic? I've seen them doing in excess of 2 million in lower tier raids but do they work at all in heroic?

Yes I know you might need these characters in later tiers but I reckon phase 1 is most likely to be the big problem.

My experience is troopers doesn't work. Didn't try the others. Raid is fully ffad when we depleted JTR's and were at %20. At the bitter end we were at %15. Heck NH's protection xD. What works for t6, doesn't at heroic.

• ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    Thermal detonators?

Our guild accidently launched a heroic today (whoops!) so I've been messing around with a TD team. Within 10 restarts I got 4/5 TD to land, so the tenacity at heroic isn't out the door impossible. When Zam detonated them it was between 60-80k which means to reach 1% you'd have to land 32-40 of them over the course of the battle.

Good news, I think this number of landings is viable.
    Bad news, I don't have a TD team that can live that long. They're G8-9 except for JE

I'd be curious to know if any crazy whale folk out there just happen to have a stud TD team they've been hiding that would like to test it out :)

• The T1 TD team is Jyn (L), Jawa Engineer, Bodhi, Hera, Ezra. Every player has an assist they can give to JE, who can rapidly stack bombs. Also, since all who give assists are rebels, Jyn's leader ability has a chance to expose when JE assists with a bomb. It's really a great P1 team.
  • ScoPi wrote: »
    I saw!

Looks like it was a mini-merge that ended up with 29 JTR; 21 in P1 and 8ish in P2. Awesome to see that bar getting lowered although GP doesn't seem to be the real bar atm.

Edit: swgoh.gg has them at 39 JTR atm so probably really just a targeted GP merge more than low GP guild

We picked up about 5 people from another guild, and rotated in another 3-4 from the other two guilds in our main alliance. The vast core of the crew was our regular guild, however. We've had some shuffling post-victory with some going back to their original guild, and recruiting is up so some new folks are coming in. I'm sure what you'll see on swgoh.gg is going to be in flux and not exactly aligned with what we had when we won it.

Strong JTRs are definitely key, and strong organization and leadership was incredibly helpful.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    My experience is troopers doesn't work.

Why not?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    My experience is troopers doesn't work.

Why not?

Because you get butchered barely scratching beyond NHs protection. Do you have a different experience or seen anyone making good of troopers in hstr p1?
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I am not doing heroic so it was a legitimate question, not a "you're wrong" question.

It's surprising that deathmark + magma doesn't work though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member

Strong JTRs are definitely key, and strong organization and leadership was incredibly helpful.

That's still an awesome accomplishment!

I'm not annoyed with any of the merc/merging, I've just been on the hunt for anyone who's successful with a minimum number of JTRs. Essentially looking to see if anyone has figured out a path to success with closer to 20 of them.

• PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I know pao is part of the chex mix team, but anyone think of trying pao + magma with deathmark. Paos basic can triple hit potentially. And so wondering would like a pao/magma/deathtrooper/rolo/leia or(ATF) kinda thing work with massive multiple attacks with deathmark up?

Edit: and not pao in lead obviously cause he has no lead, maybe rolo lead?

Edit2: Actually upon looking at that team I would probably drop magma at that point and put thrawn
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    I know pao is part of the chex mix team, but anyone think of trying pao + magma with deathmark. Paos basic can triple hit potentially. And so wondering would like a pao/magma/deathtrooper/rolo/leia or(ATF) kinda thing work with massive multiple attacks with deathmark up?

I think your bigger problem is that you need DT's deathmark for the Chex mix squad, which will easily out damage anything you can do with mechanics that don't involve isolating your biggest hitter with every offensive buff you can throw at him.
  • P1 - Theoretically - 10 JTREY maxed teams can do phase 1. But everyone wielding them would have to gear them to max(or close), mod them with very good speed and damage, and - most importantly - restart the fight until they do those 10%. Because it requires some really good rng and decisions.

I did 10,5% once so I know how well modded and geared and how good rng you need... 5+% is matter of max 3 tries, 7+% may be 10 tries and 10+% ... rng decides how soon you manage that.

P2 - I have trouble there too, saving deathmark for p3, but what can do 1% (approx 500 k) or nearly that:
    Thrawn lead remaining troopers
    Team around Sabine & damage dealer (e.g. GK, Zariss, Sabine, Wampa + 1)
    Nute lead with Leia + 3 defensive toons (tanks/healers)

P3 is chexmix

P4 if you do a lot of retries/gearing/zetaing/.., you can get very good dmg with nightsisters and breeze through DN with only 5 teams ov ventress lead NS !..
    Sion and traya are then doable with remaining sink teams.

So lots of coordination, focus and skill and it will be doable. Key point is ofc utilizing those 15 JTREYs you have, those guys must think only about maxing team around her till they bloody do their 10%.