Thrawn preparation question

Hey guys,
I'm Starting to prepare for the Thrawn event, so my Phoenix squad should get some attention.
Aside from Sabine, they're all 7*, gear 8 except for gear 9 chopper. They're just so hard to gear!
Every ability is lvl 7 and they all have decent mods, mostly health due to not being able to farm speed mods yet.
Only thing I can really influence in the remaining time seems to be their lvl. I'm currently lvl 81, but most of my Phoenix squad is only lvl 72 to 75. Is it recommended to lvl them up and spending all my gold on, or won't it be much difference?

Replies

• The theory says you have enough, but will require a lot of attempts and trust in RNG.

General wisdom is for 1 or 2 gear 9 (I had Ezra and Hera), and for as much on the uniques as you can, especially Omegas. Zetas are not required.

Level may help, keep the credits and use them if you need them.
  • I can currently omega Hera's basic attack? To be recommended?
  • All the uniques are shared between them, so they count 5x for each upgrade. I'd save anything else and see if you need it. No point in spending resource that you don't need.

But that said, as you get towards the end of Thrawn Week, throw the kitchen sink at it if necessary - he's awesome.
  • Yeah, just studied the uniques. They're not zeta's right? Kanans is really usefull. But that means lvl them up anyway, so im going for the uniques I think.
  • Choppers basic needs omega, other than that and the uniques the rest of the skills can be lvl 7. Try to save all your cooldowns before going into the last phase, then try to have chopper take the fracture.
  • What really helped for me and 7* thrawn was to put my best speed mods on zeb and try to stunlock thrawn. Also, before thrawn is about to fracture, taunt with kanan and have hera's revive buff on him, he should be able to tank the fracture but then the DTs should target him because he is low health
  • What really helped for me and 7* thrawn was to put my best speed mods on zeb and try to stunlock thrawn. Also, before thrawn is about to fracture, taunt with kanan and have hera's revive buff on him, he should be able to tank the fracture but then the DTs should target him because he is low health

I found that saving Hera's Backup plan and just swapping out taunt with Chopper on the first fracture actually works better and it saves backup plan for later in the fight. I found that if I used backup plan on the fractured toon i was never able to get it off cooldown again in the fight before I was finished off.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    I would say level them all up to the level you are by the time you try the event and also put your best mod sets on them for it.

I did it will all 7* G8 Level 85 and used mod sets from my arena team. So all of them had at least +80 speed and It took me 7 attempts. Although I was trying to use Sabine on the first five attempts and then switched to Chopper.

IMO I found it better with highest speed mods on Zeb & Ezra, then Chopper and just have what ever you can on Hera and Kanan.
  • Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    I would say level them all up to the level you are by the time you try the event and also put your best mod sets on them for it.

I did it will all 7* G8 Level 85 and used mod sets from my arena team. So all of them had at least +80 speed and It took me 7 attempts. Although I was trying to use Sabine on the first five attempts and then switched to Chopper.

IMO I found it better with highest speed mods on Zeb & Ezra, then Chopper and just have what ever you can on Hera and Kanan.
    And if you don't yet have (a lot of) speed mods?
    Currently I've already put an omega on Kanan's and Hera's unique. I'd like one one Chopper's too.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    I have all my Phoenix at 7 stars lvl 1 but with really good mods (80+ speed) - I have all zeta'd but no omegas and lvl 1 abilities, do you think I'll be able to 6 star Thrawn ?
  • Empiric1 wrote: »
    I have all my Phoenix at 7 stars lvl 1 but with really good mods (80+ speed) - I have all zeta'd but no omegas and lvl 1 abilities, do you think I'll be able to 6 star Thrawn ?

trollolololol
  • Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Hahaha :-D

• I beat it with gear 8 no zetas i didn't even have Ezra. I ran Hera,Zeb,Kannan,Chopper,and Sabine. I did it the 2nd try. I put it on auto RNG was good to me then i manually did it. You must have good mods and have them fast.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    When I did it as long as you have chopper at 190speed and Zeb max potency Mods with everyone protection secondaries, that should be enough for g8. Vhop taunt, Cleanse the Death Trooper buffs asap and backup plan chop.