Communication

You Dev’s need to come up with a better way to communicate in game. I don’t have time for another app in order to coordinate in wars, you need some kind of mail option in order to receive messages. I was recently booted from a guild I helped create and been with for over a year because I don’t have a discord account. This game shouldn’t require a separate app just to coordinate with each other. The chat option is not reliable and doesn’t work well with everything you have decided to introduce into this platform. If the game expands, you need to accommodate the growth.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    From what I have heard, this is by design (and for the most part rightfully so). It's enough to get a guild going. And keep things going in most casual guilds. Once you become more active and less causal it's there to help you set that up and move onto something bigger and better.

Many people would rather them focus on content and not a chat app. As the saying goes "Dont try to out Amazon, Amazon. " They will never do it better than a 3rd party app, and the 3rd party app will always have way more things that could be useful then they can put in an in game chat. IMHO.
  • yeah i agree with Kyno here, as good as they could make the in-game chat, it will always pale in comparison to discord. Discord has bots for quick info on characters, you can post pics/links, you can separate chats with announcements, general, Raid specific, team building help...etc. Discord can also allow you to connect with like-minded people in mega-discord channels like the First Order, Empire, Rebels, etc. and before asking for a global chat, those never work with spammers and immature people
  • A couple of small features would be nice. Guild mail for messages longer than the chat sticky and private messaging. My entire guild is on Discord. Doesn't mean they all check every day. Otherwise I agree, Discord is much better than in game chat can ever be.
  • Individual private mail solution is what I was getting at. I know the chat will never measure up to 3rd party apps, but a solid way to communicate is what this game needs. Not just a rant page that gets erased if you don’t check it constantly.