It is time for speed stat to be nerfed!

2Next

Replies

• YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    The main problem with the speed stat compared to others is that it is less continuous.If an attack does 2000 damage or if it does 2010 damage doesn't really matter. But if the opponents R2 puts stealth on the ally that needs to be fractured it does matter if the R2 has 201 speed vs. your Thrawns 200.

A solution could be that each team gets a 100 speed pool at the beginning of the battle that is randomly distributed over the characters of each team (maybe even add random +-10 speed each turn). That way the sequence of who gets to act would vary from match to match and would not be predictable. We already have RNG for almost every other part of the battle, why not have it for speed as well.

And before you complain, there are equally important decisions determined by RNG already (e.g. TL in fleet battles, dispelling a taunt, applying stun, ...)

p.s. I stated this before but mods have another big problem which is: more money spend = better mods = better arena ranks = more crystals = better mods (and we closed the cycle). This also means win once = have it easier to keep winning. So it is not only pay to win, but pay early to win.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Problem is in a static round based game, if all have same speed the win / loose is just based on pure rng than. Speed devaluates every other stat, but its a marketing strategy behind it. Doubtfully they will change this...only to update mods to mk7 and starting the speed loop again. The game must be paid - people actually must be animated to be "better" or to simply buy stuff.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    YodaHeIs wrote: »
    p.s. I stated this before but mods have another big problem which is: more money spend = better mods = better arena ranks = more crystals = better mods (and we closed the cycle). This also means win once = have it easier to keep winning. So it is not only pay to win, but pay early to win.
    Spenders need to have a reason to buy stuff in a free game. You encapsulated it nicely. But it’s also worth mentioning money = time in games like this, and there is a point of diminishing returns regarding money spent compared to time played (and focused). Sure, the player spending $200 the first week or $300 when a new character comes out is going to have an early advantage. But since the odds of getting increasingly better mods goes down exponentially, that advantage slowly vanishes while the free player builds up their mods and characters organically. In 6 months to a year, a determined and focused free player will be right on the tail of the whale (if the whale hasn’t gotten bored and quit).
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    I think nothing will be done to speed stat. People spent tons of crystlas/credits to farm mods with speed secondaries. I think good solution is to make other stats viable by increasing numbers 2 or 3 times. Yes it will increase mod influence drastically, but will do a great job for stat's diversity. It could be done by introducing 7* mods btw.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    Speed ruins this game
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    It does if your mods aren't good I suppose...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH