Serious question. Who is really thinking about quiting?

Prev1345
MikaSaber
116 posts Member
edited February 2016
It was fun but now with the current system it's boring and tidious. I have to refill 8 times to get 6 purples( pressing sim button 70 times) is boring. The events are useless and give no real rewards (boring). The overall lack of the company's integrity just reinforces it. New characters costing obscene money is boring and only the top .1% can afford it which makes all other p2p have almost nothing to show for (dumb and boring)....

Major bugs like Leader abilities not working = boring.

Yes they might add more features and stuff but all these issues need to be addressed. Honestly I'm not even mad or frustrated I'm just kinda bored of it all and I'd like to have fun again. :(

Serious question. Who is really thinking about quiting? 476 votes

Strong Yes If changes are not made
17%
Miss_DollMephisto_styleccfooVarlock_64djwarcrd3gaussxJazzxNatok205JoshuRogerfanHeHateMeMykellCleanershampooBalbesFun_gamertjw_tjw14vincentlondonAjl1748Puglio 82 votes
Maybe...hopefully something changes
33%
DiegoEunoeKaatJJHGenakumaSkyeSyth_HunterLargKelleinventselSirjamIricsdarksidePreemo_MaginStevoCazaanPoerliOtrill143ReyneMvonkesselCharlesbusa 159 votes
Strong no
39%
scubaJEDIMASTERJOSHUASManDaeghaaBarrokSongazraelVampire_XKFJeedBreetaiHbk146jeremyj26Sticare_Courts_0073BentWookieemeanprideRogan_Ban84CronozNLStarSonShiroCaspertricks 187 votes
I don't really care
10%
ioniancat21Jaegermurton09BerdilioSlythRinnAerisRolotomasi859VelvethunderBaalDeliverencefive2zerobenacrowAngelzTrisbouilleKrychekHaloWars29JonoVDHWJ28HunterMuncherPuncherAnonymousLlama 49 votes

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    Not in the near future
  • Options
    Strong no
    But it's star wars and it's a mobile game I can play on the toilet. It will never leave me!!!!
  • Options
    i could be so much more productive with the 1-3 hours a day back that i spend on this game. We will see when they make the changes to GW. if it takes me an hour and a half to complete it after they make changes i'll probably be out. an hour a day completing tasks and messing around with the game is more than enough for me.
  • Options
    "Probably not"

Many of the most recent updates (GG, Rex cards, etc.) are clearly an attempt to accommodate the whales and keep them happy - and I get that, and am alright with it. However, if the f2p and guppies keep ending up on the devs "pay no mind" list, I can easily leave. My oldest son is a college student and he has already quit on this game.

I haven't given up yet, and probably won't as my roster is deep and wide. I'm max level, staying easily in the top 100 (currently mid 20's) in arena on a November server and having fun with GW, so will likely be "competitive" and enjoy the game for a while.

I am curious to see if CG/EA will occasionally throw the "lesser" players an occasional bone. If not, I'll likely get bored in a month or two.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Strong no
    Nope, for a FTP game I have no complaints. Don't spend anything, have long term farms to get, and am competitive with spenders.

Can't ask for more as an FTP in a freemium game
  • Options
    Alright, well we'll be seeing you.
  • Options
    Strong no
    I just want them to change the drop rates like ****.. I refilled twice and only got 2 purple gears.. I also refilled cantina twice and got 8 Dooku shards which was alright I guess
  • Options
    i chose maybe, but i will probably play/log on everyday no matter, to collect stuff.

But if things don't change, my interest will be long gone.

I don't have 1.5/2 hours a day to attempt to complete GW.

and like you said... sim over and over and over for a whole week for 1 gear item slot if boring as hell.... and when you have so many toons to upgrade, witch so many gear items... just seems a bit ridiculous the drop rate is this low.
  • Options
    I lasted about a year with HODA. I may last that long here.
  • Options
    If they don't add more modes, or guilds/social functions, continue fixing bugs and improving balance before raising the level cap... it will become a strong yes for me.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    To each their own. I may reduce my playing time but will probably not quit. What else will I do while I am working.
  • Options
    MikaSaber wrote: »
    It was fun but now with the current system it's boring and tidious. I have to refill 8 times to get 6 purples( pressing sim button 70 times) is boring. The events are useless and give no real rewards (boring). The overall lack of the company's integrity just reinforces it. New characters costing obscene money is boring and only the top .1% can afford it which makes all other p2p have almost nothing to show for (dumb and boring)....

Major bugs like Leader abilities not working = boring.

Yes they might add more features and stuff but all these issues need to be addressed. Honestly I'm not even mad or frustrated I'm just kinda bored of it all and I'd like to have fun again. :(

Join your local Mouse Liberation Front,

FREE THE MOUSE!
  • Options
    Strong no
    Now that GW is easily completed in less than 30 mins I'll be sticking around.... Took too much time before so grateful it's been slightly nerfed.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    It's a Star Wars game with characters from every era and it's being made during the beginning of Disney's Eternal Reign of Star Wars meaning it's not going anywhere. I'll stick around.
  • Options
    Wasn't a massive spender in the first place, but definitely going F2P from now on. If nothing majorly changes in the near future, then yes.
  • Options
    Strong no
    Dan_z wrote: »
    Now that GW is easily completed in less than 30 mins I'll be sticking around.... Took too much time before so grateful it's been slightly nerfed.

It ain't nerfed! You are just lucky.

I thought I'd been lucky but the past two weeks I've noticed a consistent reduction in flat out 5 X 7* purple geared opponents. Was facing avg 6 per GW - now around 4 and the ai seems less brutal. Maybe it's RNG but it's definitely been a noticeable change (ie my gf commented I swear far less at my tablet lately....)
  • Options
    I'll play as long as I can without spending money. The game itself is good, it's just being flushed down the drain with EA's typical consumer abuse. Though if the developers idea of "new content" is to just keep pushing the level cap up and extending the grind, I'll definitely "quit"
  • Options
    Strong no
    Love this game see no reason to whine or quit.
  • Options
    It's certainly tempting to walk away when I look at 50 purples to farm for 200 health. I'm more likely to go super casual than outright quit, though.
  • Options
    Strong no
    No. It's only a few months old. I am still having fun everyday. A lot of you guys would not last on Clash of Clans grinding out walls for years..
  • Options
    I don't really care
    no $ in this.

just time.
  • Options
    No. It's only a few months old. I am still having fun everyday. A lot of you guys would not last on Clash of Clans grinding out walls for years..

lol "years"

been playing that for 14 months and almost have all my level 10 walls.

Tho I guess your theory could apply for level 11 walls... lol
  • Options
    I honestly debated spending money on this game. Even put money in my iTunes account. With the feedback on the forum and my own observed issues I just can't spend on it. I still finish GW everyday and place top 50 in arena. Highest I got in arena was top 10. For FTP thats great in my book. It means I can still be competitive as a free player. If I was hitting some of the teams I see people complaining about in GW and never finishing, or if arena wasn't something remotely competitive for FTP then I wouldn't play.

It's still rather entertaining, but I can see several points that will eventually drive me away if they are not addressed. I don't have high expectations for those changes. Thus far anything that effects gamer experience and standard gameplay, but isn't affecting immediate finances is a much lower priority (GW pairing, this has been openly discussed by dev team). It just feels like player retention is a lower priority and the focus is on high spenders that will drop thousands in a short amount of time, but whether or not that stay is secondary. Its a business. I'm not trying to villainize that. It is what it is.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    @Calvin well said and smart on the research before spending.

I think the game will phase out for most/ I don't see many just up and quiting.
  • Options
    I already quit:) was lvl55 when I did (about 2/3 weeks ago). Tbh I haven't regretted it. However I do stalk the forums to see all the commotion now and then as it gives me some amusement.
    Hopefully u all get the courage one day to realise money and time is being wasted on this. When push comes to shove, you have nothing if this game goes bust. At least in real life you could have hard copies of games/cards/ etc etc but with a game like this, once it's finished you will have NOTHING.
    Please realise this sooner rather then later. Play of you want.

But don't let it consume your life :)
  • Options
    Strong no
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    But it's star wars and it's a mobile game I can play on the toilet. It will never leave me!!!!

Männer und ihre Toilette...

Yes "star wars" franchise is enough to convince me to keep playing the game.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Strong no
    Oootini wrote: »
    I At least in real life you could have hard copies of games/cards/ etc etc but with a game like this, once it's finished you will have NOTHING.

I have hard copies of games that I have never played again after finishing them. I see no point in having possession of useless atoms, to be honest.

I dont have any "real" good to show off for the money I spent to watch The Force Awakens. Twice. With all my family. Popcorns included. In a different city, I spent gasoline too. And paid for the parking also. Totally worth it.

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @Calvin well said and smart on the research before spending.

I think the game will phase out for most/ I don't see many just up and quiting.

And Thank you. Maybe not you in particular, but it was honest feedback people put on the forum that educated my decision. How the chromium shop worked, best ways to spend currency. Even meta to build towards helped make the game competitive and fun. If you filter out some of the complaining and wording of the complaints there is good feedback. I've also found that aside from filtering, if you substitute the word shard for shart a lot of these topics are more entertaining.