Rancor advice

Mrkk27
20 posts Member
Hey all,

So I've unlocked CLS on the previous event and, as I've been reading on here, that should greatly benefit my heroic Rancor team(s).
But I'm kinda overwhelmed by the options and what to use. Reading this section of the forums, it seems Wiggs and Jyn should be awesome paired with CLS. But the fifth (and even my Wiggs duo, since they're both G8) is a difficult one for me.

So far, I've got 2 zeta's. EP lead (useless here I guess) and Jyn lead (also not the best for the raid).

Wiggs both at G8 (all abilities maxed)
Jyn G10 (only zeta on lead, rest maxed)
CLS G9 (all maxed, exept the zeta's. 4/6 for G10)

My question to you all is, what character would provide great use and is present on my current roster?
And should I even use Wiggs at G8 or should I swap them for someone else?

Roster can be found here: https://swgoh.gg/u/mrkk27/collection/

Tips are very welcome!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    First Order Officer
  • Options
    I would advise using Grand Moff Tarkin or rex as they can remove tm.
  • Options
    Could gear teebo and rex, run Teebo (L), jyn, cls(zeta on IBAT helps), r2 and rex
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks! So the next raid (tonight) should be with Tarkin as Teebo, Rex and FOO are not properly geared/leveled yet I guess.

And better to focus on Rex, Teebo or FOO? I can see them all being useful in the future (Counter EP in Arena, Ewok events (zeta), and BB8).

Next Zeta will take a while (unlocked my last one 2 days ago) but IBAT will be the next anyway, so that should be good.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin TMR special CD isn’t fast enough. I’d rather go for Rex or FOO. And why I recommended FOO is also because he’d be useful for BB8 event anyway.
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I've looked into Rex' basic and got it to omega. Lvl 76 G7 and some okay mods. Can't really push him towards G8 or lvl 85 because I lack the gear/currency.

Think I'm gonna give him a shot anyway tonight. Hoping for a possible solo team this way! Thanks alot!
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/salatiousscrum/collection/

I use CLS, Jyn, Cassian (no omegas), Baze Malbus, and Chirrut. Other than Cassian, everyone is fully omega’d out and no zetas. I can almost completely solo it, probably can if rng favors me. CLS makes rancor pretty dang easy.
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Options

I use CLS, Jyn, Cassian (no omegas), Baze Malbus, and Chirrut. Other than Cassian, everyone is fully omega’d out and no zetas. I can almost completely solo it, probably can if rng favors me. CLS makes rancor pretty dang easy.

Baze still around 50 shards away from being able to participate :wink:
    Rogue 1 was my primary team until EP teams started to blow them away. Good to know Chaze works in this setup aswell. Shouldn't take THAT long before I can use them I hope!

Why Cassian if I may ask?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Cassian and Chaze don't bring anything to the table for that team in Rancor raids.

In order to complete the Rancor raid on auto with CLS you will need to couple him with turn meter removers (Jyn, Rex, FOO, Terbo) and possibly BB8 for the safe approach, and as your roster evolves you can add some raw firepower like Wiggs to speed things up.
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Cassian and Chaze don't bring anything to the table for that team in Rancor raids.

In order to complete the Rancor raid on auto with CLS you will need to couple him with turn meter removers (Jyn, Rex, FOO, Terbo) and possibly BB8 for the safe approach, and as your roster evolves you can add some raw firepower like Wiggs to speed things up.

Yeah I found that out first handed, haha.
    Solo-ed it for the first time using Wiggs, CLS, Jyn and Rex. Rex G7 lvl 76 gave up in p4.
    Took me a while, but hey, it worked!
  • Options
    Mrkk27 wrote: »

Solo-ed it for the first time using Wiggs, CLS, Jyn and Rex. Rex G7 lvl 76 gave up in p4.

Congratulations on your first solo! Rex is good. I like FOO myself, omega on Marching Orders, give his turn to a TM reducer when Pinning Shot is not ready.
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Options

Congratulations on your first solo! Rex is good. I like FOO myself, omega on Marching Orders, give his turn to a TM reducer when Pinning Shot is not ready.

Thanks! Rex simply was the better one of the 3 at this moment. But FOO will be the next one because BB8. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options

Rogue 1 was my primary team until EP teams started to blow them away. Good to know Chaze works in this setup aswell. Shouldn't take THAT long before I can use them I hope!

@Mrkk27 I use cassian mainly for his stun grenade. It’s very good at inflicting all the debuffs I need. He does pretty decent damage too, and chaze does nice damage as well. I’m sure other teams can do it faster but I can solo it. Jyn and CLS are the only 2 tmr peeps I need.
  • Mrkk27
    20 posts Member
    Options

@Mrkk27 I use cassian mainly for his stun grenade. It’s very good at inflicting all the debuffs I need. He does pretty decent damage too, and chaze does nice damage as well. I’m sure other teams can do it faster but I can solo it. Jyn and CLS are the only 2 tmr peeps I need.

Yeah you've got your toons at a better gear/mod level compared to mine, so that helps ofcourse :wink:.
    I love the Rogue One synergies anyway, Chaze still one of my favorite combo's. And Cassian with the Jyn Zeta is just awesome, setting up all the exposes. Too bad it sucks at defence in the Arena right now!
  • Options
    Yeah they started not to hold well in arena so I switched to CLS, Chaze, Old Ben, and R2 and now I don’t move as much in arena.