Anti-Traya Teams

Prev13
Have any of the theory crafting types come up with some anti-Traya teams yet? Seems like only a matter of time before they start showing up in arena, and I’d like to get a head start on prepping.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It will to some extent have to wait until she comes out in action to see.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i am also curious to the answer to this question, at least in theory, who would be a counter?

so far i've got, toons that don't counter or assist (ackbar led rebel, gk, phoenix, etc), or buff others(or group cleanses, so gk/rex/chaze , KRU FO), or rely too heavily on crits (wiggs), or rely too much on debuffing (EP leads)....

the answer is obvious, Boba led bounty hunters to the rescue!

in all seriousness, maybe NS, and RJT (even despite the nerf on buffs and assists, if IllumDestiny pops out, maybe still outspeed and damage Sith team? i'm guessing this is the first thing that'll be tried)

best guess, Vader led, wampa, IPD, thrawn, DN/Boba. maybe switch out thrawn for Sass for speed
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Will visas have a place in arena? She's great in srt so far, but might be one of those niche toons that isn't useful anywhere else.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    against pure sith visas might be really good now that i think about it, but i dunno. these days defensive toons don't have much of a place. i imagine she'd need protection in the form gk/zarriss, and then you're down to just two toons to do some damage.
  • Nightsisters are probably the biggest I can see right now, since zombie can absorb the isolate to revive again. They can move very fast and don't rely heavily on attacking outside their turn. Traya' crit avoidance part of her leader will be huge against Han Solo and jtr, but little against nightsisters since weak zombie can allow assaj to build up crit chance well over 100%
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    do you think talzin lead or ventress lead would be more preferable? strangely the talzin assists won't really be affected by traya, right? since the assisting toons are technically... dead already?

it's kinda fun to think about. But boy i'm not ready for all the speed mods i'll need to deck out a NS team
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    My CUP lead has never lost to Traya
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    debuffs are a little dangerous, but cleansing them much like AFT can be used to kill them that much quicker.

NS have a decent chance.
  • M_L wrote: »
    do you think talzin lead or ventress lead would be more preferable? strangely the talzin assists won't really be affected by traya, right? since the assisting toons are technically... dead already?

it's kinda fun to think about. But boy i'm not ready for all the speed mods i'll need to deck out a NS team

I'm not sure, but if I have to take a guess I'd say ventress right now. Because of how well they heal themselves, nightsisters move significantly faster under a ventress lead then they do under a talzin lead. Also, if anybody dies while isolated, they can't be revived under the talzin lead, which negates the biggest advantage of her leader ability
  • Talzin leader zeta revives a dead NS every time a NS does basic and is back alive once the attacked toon is dead.
    So i dunno how u can say they cant be revived under talzin lead
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Talzin leader zeta revives a dead NS every time a NS does basic and is back alive once the attacked toon is dead.

With the exception of zombie, I think isolate will prevent the revives from MT leadership.
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    Talzin leader zeta revives a dead NS every time a NS does basic and is back alive once the attacked toon is dead.

With the exception of zombie, I think isolate will prevent the revives from MT leadership.

I have to disagree , simply based on the current wordings, no where does it say or imply that an isolated char can not be revived,, I think that Tal lead will work fine, Asajj likely would still be preferable, but it does not appear that Tal lead will be affected as far as revives goes.
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    Matt_B wrote: »

I have to disagree , simply based on the current wordings, no where does it say or imply that an isolated char can not be revived,, I think that Tal lead will work fine, Asajj likely would still be preferable, but it does not appear that Tal lead will be affected as far as revives goes.

Yep, you’re right. I was thinking of the raid isolate, which doesn’t allow any kind of revive except zombie.
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    Matt_B wrote: »

Yep, you’re right. I was thinking of the raid isolate, which doesn’t allow any kind of revive except zombie.

All good, easy slip to make lol
  • I foresee an unreleased character which will be a direct counter to traya come out in a few months
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Bounty Hunters with with Boba and Jango no doubt. :')

In all seriousness though.. won't NS destroy a Traya lead sith team.
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    Nightsisters may be good against Traya alone but let's not forget that if Sion and EP/Vader accompanies her, it's game over for NS.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DrMaggot wrote: »
    Nightsisters may be good against Traya alone but let's not forget that if Sion and EP/Vader accompanies her, it's game over for NS.

But one of the major reasons NS are so ineffective against that lineup right now is the healing from palp lead.

Without that, they have some of their fight put back in them.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But one of the major reasons NS are so ineffective against that lineup right now is the healing from palp lead.

It's not the healing as much as it's their speed and debuffs. Shock alone neuters so much of the kit that nightsisters rely on, and that team just moves way to fast
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

It's not the healing as much as it's their speed and debuffs. Shock alone neuters so much of the kit that nightsisters rely on, and that team just moves way to fast

But they move fast from TM gain of palp lead. And no rebels/jedi on the team means Vader is fast but your not helping.

I think they have a shot to come back a little, but then again. Just switch to palp lead and put them in their place, so just more rocks, some scissor, and a few sheets of paper. The way it should be.

Edit to add : shock is great. But if it's not able to keep Rex lead from being a counter, it probably can't hold down NS either.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Traya’s lead also restores 10% health to all Sith allies when a debuffed enemy takes damage. One aoe from Vader, Sion, Nihilus or any of the others and boom full health and plague gets cleansed.
  • I foresee an unreleased character which will be a direct counter to traya come out in a few months

1 month after the first unlock of Traya a free Light Side Privilege toon will released that will completely negate Traya...
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    *deleted*
  • I don’t think Nightsisters will work because of Traya leadership that heals sith 10% when a debuffed enemy takes damage. Maybe the Rex Wampa MT team could get away with it, but not a full NS team.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I foresee an unreleased character which will be a direct counter to traya come out in a few months

1 month after the first unlock of Traya a free Light Side Privilege toon will released that will completely negate Traya...

A single light side toon that completely undoes everyone's hard work on a dark side team? Wonder who that could be...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I foresee an unreleased character which will be a direct counter to traya come out in a few months

A single light side toon that completely undoes everyone's hard work on a dark side team? Wonder who that could be...

Nothing comes to mind really....
  • Well considering the games history it could be a one off toon, could be a random fly boy, could be an actual good character from the movies. But it will come.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Can you say Luke?
  • HunterMuncherPuncher
    177 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Vertigo wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Nothing comes to mind really....

Jedi Luke from a Heroes Journey Event
    829-416-931
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member

The EP/Palpa vs NS debate is quite exaggerated - for example, we can always use Rex lead vs Palpa, also Talia dispels everything.

On the other hand Asaj lead imo is better because of the turn meter removal attempts to nullify some of Palpa/Vader's advantage.

Finally vs Troopers, an Old Daka lead or just an Asajj lead with a G12 Zombie and zBariss + zDaka instead of GK is a pretty durable team vs any one, with Asaj rampage zeta'd as well if zBariss and zDaka can buy Asaj enough time to ramp up, it's game over.

Don't get me wrong, Palpa and Troopers are infinitely better equipped to handle NS than CLS or JTR, I just don't think it's as much game over as people say. What doesn't work that well any more is Cheese + Acolyte combos but isn't that what people wanted anyone? NS to have an actual g12 zombie and invested zetas in other toons, not just a 4-star talzin with a g2 3 stars zombie to beat everyone.

I'm still working on my NS but my team will probably be (all 7*) zzAssaj (l), G12 Zombie, zDaka, zBariss and zTalzin. Alternatively, may try zDaka lead instead of Assaj but I think the TM removal is very underrated (especially compared to zzTalzin lead)