Jedi Rework

Looooki
1045 posts Member
It is great that we finally have a BH Rework. But how about Jedi rework ?? Any updates ??

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Later.

But "soon"

Just not right now.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Soon ??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No not really, but at some point it will happen. No one knows right now.
  • Options
    Here is the thing, man: Disney wants to kill off the Jedis of old, to make content for Mary Sue ones and Darth Vader wannabes.
    What brought me into this game was the wide selection of Jedi they have, but be sure that aside from Jedi Luke we might not ever seen an old Jedi relesead.
    Such disrespect.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here is the thing, man: Disney wants to kill off the Jedis of old, to make content for Mary Sue ones and Darth Vader wannabes.
    What brought me into this game was the wide selection of Jedi they have, but be sure that aside from Jedi Luke we might not ever seen an old Jedi relesead.
    Such disrespect.

Or as they have said with other toons, they want to make sure they get it right and they are taking their time do show the proper amount of respect since it will be hard to get them right.

It's all about perspective and if you want to be a debbie downer or not. :wink:
  • Options
    Such disrespect.

The Jedi of old were already killed off... even before the original trilogy was released. That was the entire premise.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    There are a lot of reworks on the docket, and there's a year-and-a-half downtime between Solo and Episode 9.

Right now? The Solo movie is defining the content. Bounty hunters this month. Probably scoundrels next month. Maybe not a scoundrel rework, but we're probably going to get at least two new scoundrels in May or June.
    Such disrespect.
    r/SaltierThanCrait is that way.
    Still not a he.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The jedis of old, esp the old republic, is still one of the best jedi knights of their time. Unless Disney’s direction for Star Wars is no more force weilders then sure, resistance and FO are the way to go
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    atleast disney knows the plural of jedi is jedi.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5515605
    joking aside, there were always great jedi ingame, unlike some other factions.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Keep in mind that they will eventually have to counter the monsterous Sith meta that has arrived, and is going to get worse when everyone gets Traya....

What better to counter the Sith of old than the Jedi of old?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    What better to counter the Sith of old than the Jedi of old?
    Sith are designed to be the counter-Jedi faction.

Palpatine. Vader. Maul. Dooku. All are specifically designed with counter-Jedi abilities.

It's not good game design to focus a rework on giving Scissors a leg up against Rock.

Jedi need a rework, yes, but that rework should not be focused against Sith.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I wasn't saying that's what "should" happen. I was saying that's probably what will happen. You know the dev's mindset. Besides if you you know everything, how come you're not one of the devs?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Actually a rework will happen. It is only when and what it contains. Truth be told, I think a lot of jedi rework is being done from Canon prospective ... so not a lot can be done ... but if we look from non-Canon .... there is so much out there ... depend on the dev