Release Cadence already broken

Minowara
536 posts Member
edited April 2018
I love all that you have done the past few weeks, but are you not trying to build trust within the community? You have already broken the release cadence that you JUST posted about.

First Order Executioner was released January 11th. Do you know how many weeks is between Thursday, January 11th and Thursday, April 5th? 12. 12 weeks.

How are we supposed to have faith in your statements to the community when you already break your own rules less than a week after posting them?

@CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The relase cadence says approximately 4-6 weeks to Chromium and shipments. He went in at 7 weeks. March 1st.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160764/content-update-3-1-2018

and then as per the cadence approximately 4-6 weeks to a farmable location. we are currently 5 weeks there.

Part of the reason for the approximate is that nothing is exact and we dont always have content releases. I believe the last statement made was he would be pushed out in the next update, but that might have been only mentioning MT, the other NS, and Wicket.

To say that the most recently made statements dont apply would be underplaying the whole thing, but they are not that off and the statements made are after they missed the first 4-6 week window which is what pushed this out, but they do clearly say approximately for this very reason.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    It's going to be a big miss for a lot of people if only the ones mentioned (MT, Zombie, Spirit, and Wicket) are released and FOX is missing.

By the way, aren't you guys running out of hard nodes, cantina nodes, and places to put these characters? : )
  • Seems "aproximately 4-6 weeks" means "6 or more weeks" for CG...
    I cant remember any toon who was farmable before 4+4 weeks (out of, maybe, phoenix to avoid outrage when trawn appeared) :S its usually 6+6 weeks or more than 6 + more than 6 weeks :S
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    Seems "aproximately 4-6 weeks" means "6 or more weeks" for CG...
    I cant remember any toon who was farmable before 4+4 weeks (out of, maybe, phoenix to avoid outrage when trawn appeared) :S its usually 6+6 weeks or more than 6 + more than 6 weeks :S

while that may be true, there is no toon that has not gone to a "farmable" location in more than 13 weeks from the launch date. I'd consider that a win considering in the first year of the game we had toons that if you didn't buy you didn't see for almost a whole year.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think we need to define “farmable”. I would consider farmable as individual nodes or guild shipments, etc.

However, I’m showing Rose, FOX, MT and wicket in crystal shipments.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SbPy5

yes they are still in the second phase of release, farmable is the 3rd phase.

phase 1 - event/pack only/waiting
    phase 2 - chromium/ shipment
    phase 3 - farmable location
  • Kyno wrote: »

while that may be true, there is no toon that has not gone to a "farmable" location in more than 13 weeks from the launch date. I'd consider that a win considering in the first year of the game we had toons that if you didn't buy you didn't see for almost a whole year.

This. I had such resentment/jealousy towards all the players with Leia and Rex. It was like Christmas when they Became farmable. You know 18 months after I started
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This. I had such resentment/jealousy towards all the players with Leia and Rex. It was like Christmas when they Became farmable. You know 18 months after I started

Lol, ahh the real old days ;)
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes they broke but I also think the next update they put it into phase 2/3 for:
    - First Order Executioner
    - Rose Tico/Amilyn Holdo
    - after that Sith Marauder/Visas Marr/Darth Sion

Mother Talzin, Nightsister Zombie, Nightsister Spirit, Wicket are goint to be in this one.
  • I expect something big this coming week tbh.
    FOE should be added to a node.
    We will know about MT, zombie and spirit farmability.
    Marauder will be added to shipments.
    And finally bossk.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Here is the list of the new farmable characters:
    Cantina Battles:
    1. 2-G: Dathcha replaced by First Order Executioner
    2. 7-F: Nightsister Spirit added

Light Side Battles:
    1. 8-A: Boba Fett replaced by Mother Talzin

Dark Side Battles:
    1. 8-A: Barriss Offee replaced by Wicket
    2. 8-D: Ewok Scout replaced by Nightsister Zombie

I hope all your questions would be answered. Hope for a close!
    Post edited by JuliusSkywalker on