Villains Fall

Darkside Anikan. The one character who arguably affected the galaxy more than any other and we have one. Five Hans of course, soon to be 6 with the release of Ghost han and 6 months later carbonite Han, but while you release stuff that is ripe for the memes, can you release a villains Fall? One of the best characters ever released, CLS was just handed out. Why can’t DS get a freebie for a change? It’s all marquee events and vaults of crystals.

Replies

• Because the Star Wars saga is about rebels become legends. You know, fighting oppression and all that good stuff.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It will happen, or it won't. It's an idea that's been bandied about. It's certainly a bug in the devs' ears by now.

If they go through with it, it's the sort of thing that will get an extra heavy development and testing cycle, like Luke and Rey did.

And dark side just got two huge freebies in the Palpatine and Vader reworks, that turned two characters a large portion of the player base already had in their rosters at seven stars and well geared into two of the best characters in the game. And even as a three-star marquee character, Sion is a huge boon to that team. And recently Matt the Radar Technician became super accessible and a huge boost to First Order teams. So dark side has been getting some love.

Lord Vader is probably on the docket somewhere. If I had to make a bet? He's slated somewhere in the year-and-a-half down time between Solo and Episode 9, which they're probably also saving Snoke and Hermit Luke for. Probably toward the end of that window, since Sith just got two major reworks and three new characters, and are currently a massive and defining presence in the meta.
    Still not a he.
  • Major reworks while Rebels got a STH, Leia, Old Ben and a ton more. No other faction is given more freebies than Rebels or the LS. The vader and palp reworks were long LONG overdue. Sith just got some good stuff so I’m fine with that faction. I think jedi need an improvement big time and I don’t even like them. Fair is fair.
  • Empire has been a strong and viable faction ever since Thrawn came out.
    Still not a he.
  • "No other faction is given more freebies than rebels or the light side"

Really, dude? Over the past year we've seen sith get two separate faction passes. Dark side characters have fracture, deathmark, plague, annihilate, the majority of stacking damage mechanics, and the majority of pretaunts and auto taunts. These are some of the strongest abilities in the game.

Either start paying attention or stop the hyperbole.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    "No other faction is given more freebies than rebels or the light side"

Really, dude? Over the past year we've seen sith get two separate faction passes. Dark side characters have fracture, deathmark, plague, annihilate, the majority of stacking damage mechanics, and the majority of pretaunts and auto taunts. These are some of the strongest abilities in the game.

It's not just the debuffs that matter, but also the stats and synergies and JTR and CLS have some of the best stats, team synergies and leads in the game! Until Traya is unlocked, fully geared and farmed to 7* the Sith domination will not be total, as there are still teams who can beat them!

traya will also be beatable, just like every LS meta was beatable.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    "No other faction is given more freebies than rebels or the light side"

It's not just the debuffs that matter, but also the stats and synergies and JTR and CLS have some of the best stats, team synergies and leads in the game! Until Traya is unlocked, fully geared and farmed to 7* the Sith domination will not be total, as there are still teams who can beat them!

What does this even mean? Having a meta where the team can't beaten by other teams is boring. As it is, sith teams are dominating most arena shards, even without traya
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    I don't see why everyone wants a "Dark side Anakin" it'd be another dumb clone was he had almost no difference from his Jedi counterpart combat wise, the only thing they'd change is give him some anti-Jedi stuff but Vader (Dark anakin'a technical name) already has it along with most sith. The only dark side journey I see being possible is Bane and as much as I hate him Revan
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I don't see why everyone wants a "Dark side Anakin" it'd be another dumb clone was he had almost no difference from his Jedi counterpart combat wise, the only thing they'd change is give him some anti-Jedi stuff but Vader (Dark anakin'a technical name) already has it along with most sith. The only dark side journey I see being possible is Bane and as much as I hate him Revan

The only reason people want this is so there can be a dark side oriented heroes journey like CLS and Rey. Dark side fans just want to feel special, because apparently dominating the meta with these sith reworks isn't enough for them
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Cool it with the salt, please.
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    The main character of the original trilogy has a journey. The main character of the sequel trilogy has a journey. It just makes sensible bookends for the protagonist of the prequel trilogy to have a journey.

Also, prequel content is rather lacking. Any nod to it is welcome for prequel fans. I mean, there's an entire core franchise movie whose protagonist isn't even in the game yet (Padme, protagonist of Episode I), and for characters who were actually in the prequel movies and are actually any good... that's a really small list.

I mean, we're talking... General Kenobi, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Qui Gon. And R2, but R2 doesn't really count. Hell, the core conflict was the Galactic Republic versus the Separatists, and you can't even really make a coherent Separatist or Galactic Republic team. The only effect in non-ship battles that even procs off the Galactic Republic tag is R2, and there are no non-ship effects that proc off of Separatist. Not that a Lord Vader would be either, but it goes to show how thin prequel movie content is.

So... yeah. Some quality prequel content would be appreciated.
    Still not a he.