Gear farming - pls increase the drop rate

Cyclonick
126 posts Member
edited April 2018
Spent 170 energy and got 1 piece of that gear I needed. Lucky me. Usually I get none...
But hack..there are only 49 pieces missing in the puzzle.

This indeed is no exception but the rule and severely increases my frustration to the point where I just do not want to play anymore as the return on investment is so poor.

Does it really have to take a week month to finally have all pieces for a single gear item?
Am I doing something wrong here? I usually farm gear in patches of 5 sims...maybe someone can share a better approach...I have not found one so far.
Post edited by Cyclonick on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    Spent 170 energy and got 1 piece of that gear I needed. Lucky me.

[...]

This indeed is no exception but the rule ...

I would love to take your post seriously, but claims like this make it quire hard to do. Yes, dry streaks of this length may happen on rare occassions, but your claim, that it's not exceptional, needs some backup/data to be taken seriously. Feel free to provide it.

• I have not collected any data to proof my experience. But good point, I will do so in the future.

This is what I do: I am farming needed gear at regular light/dark side nodes for 10 energy per sim. I have tried different patch sim sizes but ended up doing 5 sims at once per try because occasionally I do get 3 pieces of gear with that strategy.

But this rarely happens.

I usually get 0, sometimes 1 piece of gear per 5 sims patch. In my sample I used 170 energy points which gave 3 tries with 2x5 sims and 1x7 sims. 1st try gave 1 piece of gear, the other 2 tries gave 0.

And this is the rule, not the exception.

I am fairly new to the game and I am aware that I might be whining about something that veterans have already learnt to accept, but the poor drop rate takes out the fun. IMO. Given the fact that you have limited energy refreshes per day and multiple areas in the game where energy is needed, farming gear at that drop rate is apita...
  • the current trajectory of the game is making it apparent that the design team does not see node farming as a reliable way to acquire gear. Between the 3 raids, increase in guild currency + changes for that shop to include more gear, TB & TW, shard shop, and guild event store, they're basically telling the player base to farm hard nodes for shards and use currency to acquire the gear you need.

Since you're new, you may not have access to all of the above, or you're prioritizing shards. Just know that 1) everyone went through the same struggle and 2) the game is in a much better place for gear farming than when us veterans started. When I started, you could only get gear from challenges, nodes, shipments, and the VERY occasional event. That was it!

RNG is a killer B. Everyone has gone through the same struggles. Try to take a breath when it happens. And when you get really good RNG, take a screen shot and revisit it when you get a bad set of rolls. I once went 0 for 30 on Lobot shards across 3 days, but guess what, I have a 7 star Lobot and a screen shot of a 5 - 5 drop.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Well, I don't know which nodes/gear type, these numbers apply to, but when I farm mk. V stunguns from 10 energy nodes (which I do quite ofte) I gain 2—3 stun guns per 120 energy spent on average. I'm happy with that. On rare occasions I get 0 — yesterday evening I was lucky to get 6 drops from 120 energy (12 sims). My point is, that dry streaks can happen, but given my own experience, I will need more specifik data to believe that 0 drops in 17 sims happens often.
  • Looks like I have to be glad not being a veteran :)
    Do you have a gear farming strategy? So to say do you use up all available energy at once or do you "waste" them in patches? Like farming cantina nodes it seems that farming in patches of 3 sims leads to better resulta. But I haven t found a valid strategy for gear farming yet.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The number of sims at a time is irrelevant. There is no valid strategy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH