is there anywhere to report a genuine mismatch?

This is not a complaint post as such, more a please can it be learned from post. We are a guild of just under 69m gp, with 50 members. We are often the smaller guild but have always had good battles... Until this one.

We are up against a guild of 90m gp who only have 39 members, that is a hugely significant difference in individual squads. One of their players has 39 gear 12 toons, I, as the second biggest gp person in the guild have 9. We went in with a strategy that has served us well in the past against bigger guilds, but we could just not compete. They will shortly clear all our territories, we are pretty much done at 1 (we were pleased to be able to clear that out to be honest)

We as a guild have loved tw, the strategising and competing against strong opposition. However if this is what constitutes matchmaking now I can see the guilds willingness to compete dissappearing.

As I said, not looking for sympathy, nor a moan, just hoping that the devs can pick this up and see what exactly has gone wrong (I presume) with such a blatant mismatch.

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    A guild of 80% Participation with 90m GP has active GP of 72m, thus this actually brings it close to a okay match in terms of GP alone (which is useless)
  • We assume they had 36 participants out if 39 as we had to put 18 teams in each area.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    oh, i though you meant that they had 39 players out of 50 :D participating
  • It's entirely possible that not all matches are intended to be fair based on the metrics you have focused on. "Fair" is a subjective concept anyway. One guild will always have a paper advantage over the other.
  • Both recent tw’s we’ve been outmatched 56m vs 72 and 78m GP guilds. We won both of them right now there is no way they can come back. Our heavy defense and stacked squads did all the job. I advice you to change the strategy your using
  • Like I said, we have previously gone against guilds with a far higher gp (20m+) and had good fights, won some, lost some, learned from them. this is not about the guild gp mismatch, it's about player mismatch - there is literally nothing we can take from this (except we should all have far more gear 12 toons obviously) that would make a difference. Also it appears the issue has arisen because we are not facing a "full" guild.

Power of teams in some respects doesn't matter (as is obvious from arena), and we went into this battle like all the rest, aiming to win. But we were totally overrun in both defence and offence.

Just out of curiosity, what would you do when you have put up 4 strong areas at the front, held back some to attack, then not been able to clear more than one section, while getting completely wiped out? Where exactly should we change our tactics to in order to overcome the somewhat significant difference? More defence - so you can't attack at all? Less defence - so you concede anyway? What am I missing here that is so obvious to you?