Talzin, Spirit, Zombie & Wicket events

I saw recently that these types of event will not be happening anymore which is a shame because they were a new and interesting way to unlock important characters. A lot of the negativity that surrounded them was due to the time it would take to star up the characters.

The actual events themselves are fun and reward players who've invested in the particular factions in question, a simple adjustment of the frequency (which has now happened) and the rewards would have gone a long way to addressing the complaints rather than just moving away from these types of events.

It'll be interesting to see whether others agree or are glad there'll be no more events like these.....

Replies

• Options
    The events are amazing!! But the shards given needed to be either doubled or tripled or the event needed to be more often like once per week.

I hope to see more of these in the future as well, but they need to figure out what's worth it and what isn't.
  • Options
    They announced the events are staying just not the character cadence with these events. The units will be farmable and the events will still happen atleast once a month
  • Options
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    They announced the events are staying just not the character cadence with these events. The units will be farmable and the events will still happen atleast once a month

Yes, I know these events are staying but it sounds like we won't be getting any new ones like them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »

Yes, I know these events are staying but it sounds like we won't be getting any new ones like them.

Correct.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    NoomiZ wrote: »

Oh I bet we're getting new ones like that. Its EA, we'll get new ones if they think they can make out of it.

They already stated no new heroic events for marquee characters.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest
    All characters that enter the game through a Marquee event WILL ALWAYS follow the above cadence. Releases of characters through a Marquee event into a farmable “Heroic Event” will no longer occur (looking at Mother Talzin and Wicket, here).

As to the Orginal question yeah they should have doubled the shard rewards and with the current cycle it would have been a lot better. 20+ shards a month is a lot closer to a hard node farm than 10. Because of the zetas I didn't see them increasing the frequency any more than they did.
  • Options

no way man, @CG_TopHat and @CG_CapGaSP always have awesome ideas for these kinds of events, just give them time