Live Q&A w/Dev Team - 4/6/18

124Next

Replies

• [CVG] We would definitely consider it. We are evaluating the frequency of both TB and TWs as it relates to player time and guild management expense though.

I'll leave this here. I wouldn't mind an extra day off as we go from TB to TW, but otherwise don't really mind the existing schedule (assuming tracking guild activity gets easier).
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    CG_Erik wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    I would love to ask if you ever get rid of all the "rng" and turn the game into more strategy, but im afraid i know the answer already. Guess its a thing so even a grounded squirrel can win. However i want to ask if you have something like a QA or at least think about to hire some. No offense, but i cant remember an update without bugs and i really wonder if you guys even test any line of new code added to the game. Is there someone who checks quality and tests new content?

Are you asking if we would consider getting rid of RNG?

1 question per persion, so: Does a department checking/testing updates - before release - exist?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Thanks for this Q&A!

Question: With a ships update coming soon, are you intending to re-balance the difficulty on the Tier V ackbar challenge? What is actually needed is substantially more difficult than the recommended levels and even with substantially better toons the challenge is still reportedly extremely RNG dependent and is even significantly more difficult than the Tier VI monthly event for Ackbar's capital ship
  • There seems to be a disconnect between the EA help bug reporting and the actual Dev team. I reported the Hermit Yoda Zeta bug a week ago and was told the Dev team wasnt aware of the issue even though there's been a thread about it open since February on EA Help. When can we get some updates on these glaring and costly bugs?
  • How is price for shards in Shipments determined and how will it look in the future? Why some of newer, hard to farm toons e.g. Baze are more expensive than new, but easier to get e.g. Phoenix? Why R1 toons' shard price was reduced after some time and other toons' e.g. Shoretrooper's wasn't?
  • [quote=

[

NovaPrime: Are you aware of what many consider "Arena Mafias" that basically kill competition at the top 50 and people outside of those groups to be specifically targeted and excluded, forcing them to waste more crystals than they should due to their skill level just because a group of people want the easy way of getting those rewards?
    [JS] We're aware that some players communicate and coordinate with other players in their respective Arena Leaderboards. As of now, we have no plans to intervene in that behavior. It's a fine line between malicious behavior and cheating, we have several cheating experts who monitor the community and their behavior, but we also don't want to go overboard.

[/quote]

I get that, but the interaction below specifically mentions you don't want collusion that could be detrimental to the game in Arena. In what way do you not consider the current system being used as "collusion detrimental to the game" ?

Dr_Alan_Grant: Is there any thought about having a players highest rank throughout the day count for their payout?
    [NR] The answer is no. This sort of system ultimately doesn't reward the play pattern we believe drives competition, which is players should battle for the top spot at a specific payout time. This also likely facilitates collusion behavior that we think is detrimental to the game.
  • CG_Erik
    30 posts EA Administrator
    edited April 2018
    Thank you all for submitting your questions! We're going to continue answering questions that have already been submitted for the next half hour or so. If you weren't able to get your question in on time, please submit them here for a future Q&A.
  • Thanks for taking the time to do this, it's greatly appreciated. Here are some questions I have that I haven't seen addressed before.

1. Is there a way we could see who is adding zetas in the in game guild chat? Even better would be a way for guild leaders to choose what upgrades appear in the game chat. For example I don't really care when someone in the guild has a character upgrade their gear to level 9, I'd just like to know when it is an upgrade from level 10 and up. However some guilds that are not as high of level might want to know about much lower level gear upgrades. Let each guild choose which upgrade alerts, and at what levels, show up in our guild chat. But especially please add the ability for us to see which characters are getting a zeta upgrade (and which ability on that character).

2. Shouldn't Nightsister Zombie have her health and protection decrease as she is leveled up? The current way she is set up makes it an incentive to not upgrade her, which seems to go against the point of the game. By putting time and resources into her you actually make her worse. Also, since you can't remove armor or un-level a character, there's no way to really improve her if you already put any gear on her or leveled her up. The way she currently works in the game just seems so counter to everything the game is supposed to be about.

3. Will there ever be a Mandalorian faction? Boba Fett, Gar Saxon, Sabine, we have a few already. Hopefully we'll get Jango Fett and Pre Vizsla at some point too.

4. It would be nice to have the ability to sort enemy squads by their total power level in a section in TW, would def make it easier to find the squad you want to fight. Is there a way to do this?

5. Can we get Rogue One as a sortable faction since certain missions are restricted to them in light side TB?

6. Why are so many of the game's healers not considered healers? I think the most egregious are Shoretrooper, Chirrut Imwe, Captain Han Solo and Hermit Yoda. Yes I know Shoretrooper is a tank already, is there a reason he can't be both? With the new bonuses in Sith raid it would be nice to have all healers classified as such.
    My ally code is 185-778-278

"I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the wookiee win." -- C-3PO
  • Thanks for taking the time to do this, it's greatly appreciated. Here are some questions I have that I haven't seen addressed before.

1. Is there a way we could see who is adding zetas in the in game guild chat? Even better would be a way for guild leaders to choose what upgrades appear in the game chat. For example I don't really care when someone in the guild has a character upgrade their gear to level 9, I'd just like to know when it is an upgrade from level 10 and up. However some guilds that are not as high of level might want to know about much lower level gear upgrades. Let each guild choose which upgrade alerts, and at what levels, show up in our guild chat. But especially please add the ability for us to see which characters are getting a zeta upgrade (and which ability on that character).

2. Shouldn't Nightsister Zombie have her health and protection decrease as she is leveled up? The current way she is set up makes it an incentive to not upgrade her, which seems to go against the point of the game. By putting time and resources into her you actually make her worse. Also, since you can't remove armor or un-level a character, there's no way to really improve her if you already put any gear on her or leveled her up. The way she currently works in the game just seems so counter to everything the game is supposed to be about.

3. Will there ever be a Mandalorian faction? Boba Fett, Gar Saxon, Sabine, we have a few already. Hopefully we'll get Jango Fett and Pre Vizsla at some point too.

4. It would be nice to have the ability to sort enemy squads by their total power level in a section in TW, would def make it easier to find the squad you want to fight. Is there a way to do this?

5. Can we get Rogue One as a sortable faction since certain missions are restricted to them in light side TB?

6. Why are so many of the game's healers not considered healers? I think the most egregious are Shoretrooper, Chirrut Imwe, Captain Han Solo and Hermit Yoda. Yes I know Shoretrooper is a tank already, is there a reason he can't be both? With the new bonuses in Sith raid it would be nice to have all healers classified as such.

This discussion has been closed.