Trouble getting Home One to 5 stars

Kai_Mulai
683 posts Member
edited April 2018
Having just unlocked Cassian’s U-Wing and hoping to use it and others in the Chimera event, the big thing standing in my way is getting Home One to 5 stars. I have 8 light side ships at 4 stars or better, but most of the pilots aren’t leveled or geared very well and I can’t seem to beat the fleet challenge. Here’s a link to my light side ships: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/ships/?f=Light Side

If things are as I’ve read, getting Home One to a certain star level is much harder than unlocking Chimera at that level, so I’m mainly concerned with what I need to do to get Home One to 5 stars before the Chimera event ends on the 18th. So what would you recommend for me to do so I can have a 5 star Home One in the next week and a half? I’m doing 3 regular and 3 cantina energy refreshes a day, to give an idea of how much energy I have for farming.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You still have time to upgrade your pilots and ships during the next 11 days. I wouldn't worry too much, but just pool all resources (gear, (ship)credits, shards, ability materials, mods) into it until the event ends.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Biggs to gear 8 should be a priority because Biggs should be in your fleet team so any investment in him won't be wasted.

Investing in your single pilot ship pilots (biggs and wedge) will be more efficient as you won't need to Invest in more than one character to improve your ship.
  • Cool. I've got a couple more gear pieces to get Biggs to gear 8, and I should be able to get him there without too much difficulty in the time I have. I'll work on getting him and Wedge to gear 8 and should be able to get Wedge to 5* in a few days.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Cool. I've got a couple more gear pieces to get Biggs to gear 8, and I should be able to get him there without too much difficulty in the time I have. I'll work on getting him and Wedge to gear 8 and should be able to get Wedge to 5* in a few days.

For your three pilot ships you need to spend so much more effort to get the same benefit. Focus on Biggs because his ship is meta and wedge because he is single pilot and pairs well with Biggs for tb and tw.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Oh! And make sure, that you have enough ship credits (along with the rewards from challenge) to promote Home One once you complete the challenge.
  • I don’t think that will be a problem, but thank you for the reminder!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    :—)
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I was able to get the Endurance to 5* today, which I also struggled with. So that's some progress. Still can't beat Home One challenge yet. Wedge and Biggs both need 50 mark 6 hypo syringes to get to gear 8, so I'm mainly waiting on challenges where they drop. Hopefully once they get to the next gear level, I'll be able to get Home One to 5* (and then get Chimera).
  • I finished home one 5 star a few days ago. Currently the only one in my fleet who will be able to get him, rest either dont have rebels on the home one to 5 star.
    Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/lakson/
    As you can see, our rosters differ by very little. I would suggest getting ashoka ship, but it's not a hard requirement because you can use consular as well. Maybe consular is even better because this fight is all about dragging it out.
    I was going to keep my strategy to myself since it took me HOURS over 4 days to get it done, but you aren't in my shard so I got no problems helping out.
    Getting ready: Pilots do not matter as much as ship levels do here. You need raw survivability, and ship levels improve that a lot better than heroes piloting them. I still made sure most pilots I used (save for that cassian wing that can use an assist and get one shot after no matter how much I invest in him) have 5 star mods for the fight. Some had 4 stars.
    Mill Falcon was vital in my strategy to win. His damage is just over the top compared to all other ships of same level/stars, especially at 4 stars. You still might win, but I cannot guarantee that without Mill falcon, because you need AoE.
    Step 1: Focus on burning ashoka. Her dispel is going to hurt you a lot. But she is the only one you burn.
    Step 2: Make sure your phantom gives everyone the crit buff. You need to be buffed for Calamari Barrage and Ghost assist ability.
    Step 3: After ashoka is down, focus one of the Sergeants, then the other, then the third (if present). Note: DO NOT KILL THEM. Burning their protection and getting them to yellow is enough. One hit away from death is ideal, but leaving more hp will still work. Reason 1: Once their protection is down, AI switches to regenerating it instead of burning your ships. That means consulars will use their prot up, as will sergeants. That is a lot of missed turns for the enemy, missed turns that will eventually score you a win. Reason 2: If you just do the arena strategy, Mace will out-reinforce you. He takes turns faster, he has stronger ships, and his sergeants which he has at least 3 in reinforcements will burn your ships faster than you can burn his. Having 2 consulars and a rex up makes it possible. Fighting 4 sergeants at once is not.
    Step 4: If Mace reinforces with a consular, your chances of winning just went up, bigtime. I managed to do it with a sergeant reinforcing, but consular fights were a lot easier, I have not used this strategy at that time otherwise I would have done it without so much mental trauma.
    Step 5: Once the enemy team is all in the red/yellow, You either use the barrage again or master plan the Ghost "attack on all angles" on a double tap. Getting Ghost to do it was tricky for me because most of my ships are down by the time he takes 5 turns. With your consular, you just might do it. And you lack the Mill Falcon AoE so you pretty much must do it.
    Step 6: At this point you turned a 3v5 into a 3v2, possibly 3v1. If you managed to finish them all off before Mace reinforced, you won. You go for burning a single target now. With a bit of luck you will get your Calamari shards, but the worst is behind you.
    Good luck to you. Tell us how you did!

• I'm having trouble as well. I have tried various approaches, dozens of attempts. Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/zuckuss12/

Any advice?
  • Well, if we're posting our ship rosters and asking for advice for Home One... Here's mine; I'm currently in the process of gearing all of my rebel pilots to G8--I'm down to just Wedge, Jyn, and Ackbar; should finish Wedge today--and will level them as I have the credits to do so (maybe I should prioritize mods for them, though?). I'm also working on leveling my rebel ships--I currently have enough shards to bring Cassian's U-Wing to 7 stars, but have been spending the credits on ship levels instead--but still have a lot of work to do there. I might also bump up Consular's ship to 4 stars to get Home One, but we'll see about that after guild reset today.

I wasn't really too concerned with the strategy aspects because my ships/pilots just weren't up to par yet, but I'll report back once I get there.
    Zuckuss12 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble as well. I have tried various approaches, dozens of attempts. Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/zuckuss12/

Any advice?

How far is your Sergeant from 4*?

I suspect you're not going for Chimaera this time, though, given you're lacking a fifth Rebel ship.
  • Well, if we're posting our ship rosters and asking for advice for Home One... Here's mine; I'm currently in the process of gearing all of my rebel pilots to G8--I'm down to just Wedge, Jyn, and Ackbar; should finish Wedge today--and will level them as I have the credits to do so (maybe I should prioritize mods for them, though?). I'm also working on leveling my rebel ships--I currently have enough shards to bring Cassian's U-Wing to 7 stars, but have been spending the credits on ship levels instead--but still have a lot of work to do there. I might also bump up Consular's ship to 4 stars to get Home One, but we'll see about that after guild reset today.

I wasn't really too concerned with the strategy aspects because my ships/pilots just weren't up to par yet, but I'll report back once I get there.
    I'm having trouble as well. I have tried various approaches, dozens of attempts. Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/zuckuss12/

Any advice?

How far is your Sergeant from 4*?

I suspect you're not going for Chimaera this time, though, given you're lacking a fifth Rebel ship.

I actually have Cassian's ship ready, just need to unlock Jyn :) - so, yes I am hoping to also get Chimaera

I also just happened to get enough positive RNG hits to win this fight. It really took a lot of luck with target locks hitting repeatedly.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Edit: So, I got my Home One 5*'d. Rebels couldn't do it on their own--so I did use Ahsoka and Jedi Consular--both ships are quite squishy, but Consular's protection up helped quite a bit. I didn't really do anything special: Ahsoka -> Consular -> Sergeants. The attrition strategy didn't really work for me, so I just tried to out-pace Mace's reinforcements and ultimates (was quite annoying).

Now I'm going to try to scramble to get my Rebels Chimaera-ready before the end of the Chimaera event (as is I die horribly before or right as I finish the TIE Reaper); going to try to get Cassian and Wedge's ship as close to 85 as possible and adjust their mods. We'll see how that goes.
    I actually have Cassian's ship ready, just need to unlock Jyn :) - so, yes I am hoping to also get Chimaera

I also just happened to get enough positive RNG hits to win this fight. It really took a lot of luck with target locks hitting repeatedly.

Well, congratulations. Also your swgoh.gg says you're missing Cassian too (but that you haven't updated it in 3 days, so maybe that's why).
    Post edited by catharsis478 on
  • Thank you everyone for your help! Got Home One to 5* and unlocked 5* Chimera today!

@catharsis478 I ran through Chimera tier 5 for a dozen times or more and upgraded mods as much as I could afford with no luck. What worked for me was the advice of a guildmate: instead of trying to kill the Reaper right away (what I had been doing), target lock as many ships as possible in the first round of fire. Doing that allowed me to still take out TIE Reaper and TIE Advanced in the second round of fire, but also Biggs lived and taunted another round. And because that happened, I had 4 ships available for Ackbar’s Master Plan instead of 1 or 2. And that difference (4 ships going twice in a row) is what allowed me to win.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your help! Got Home One to 5* and unlocked 5* Chimera today!

@catharsis478 I ran through Chimera tier 5 for a dozen times or more and upgraded mods as much as I could afford with no luck. What worked for me was the advice of a guildmate: instead of trying to kill the Reaper right away (what I had been doing), target lock as many ships as possible in the first round of fire. Doing that allowed me to still take out TIE Reaper and TIE Advanced in the second round of fire, but also Biggs lived and taunted another round. And because that happened, I had 4 ships available for Ackbar’s Master Plan instead of 1 or 2. And that difference (4 ships going twice in a row) is what allowed me to win.

Congratulations!

I haven't had luck yet--though I've only really been trying since after my guild's Rancor raid today--and kind of want to punch everyone who talks about how easy Chimaera is (preferably in the face). My pilots are all G8--including Ackbar and the Cassian's U-Wing crowd--except Home One all of my rebel ships are at least level 80 (in fact, the U-Wing is the only one under 85), they're all in 5 dot mods at at least level 12 (most are at 15), and I currently lack the ability mats to take any of their abilities (pilot's) past 3 at the moment. I'm at a loss of what to do to make my ships more survivable--and I hate ships, so it's annoying that I've had to invest in these guys even this much--just because every other time I try (I'm probably between 50 and 100 tries so far, which is freaking ridiculous for the "haha, it's soooo easy" event, and the only minimums I've found were "haha you can 7* Chimaera with G8/G9 characters!" which currently feels rather misleading) Thrawn's AoEs almost immediately and takes out three of my ships before they've even had a chance to do anything, or Wiggs dies (or get shot into the red) in the first wave of TIEs (****). I honestly didn't expect them to be this squishy still.

/rant

I have been trying to spread the Target Lock love around--whenever a ship who can inflict it is up--but half the time I can't even get that far (or if I do they're all resisted). The farthest I've gotten it down to two ships; every time I think I'm getting close he reinforces or AoEs me to death. Grr.

C'mon RNGesus, have mercy on me.
  • I'm with you @catharsis478 - I got past Home One 5*, thinking OK I've got Chimera now.

Haha oh boy was I wrong. Chimera is supremely powerful, and that AoE blast isn't even his insta-kill ultimate.

And when all the TIEs are critting for 20-30k, Even a 7* Biggs is gonna wither.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • From what I see looking at your fleet, the only areas where my fleet is better than yours are Biggs and Wedge. I have Biggs’ ship at 7* and Wedge (both ship and character) at 6*. So I guess starring up your ships will help, but that’s a long process. And your fleet power is on the low side of others who I’ve seen get it, but I know of 3 players who got it at the same power or lower. So they may just have better luck. Don’t know. Maybe praying to the real Jesus could help. Not sure if God cares about video game achievements, but He does love us, so maybe helping you get Chimera is a part of that.